Swap name: Happy Mail Swap
Clarification - this is mostly a paper based swap although sometimes people may use non-paper materials in addition to the paper-y goodness!
Lettuce Swapping Rules
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: geekgirl
Sign-up date range: July 29 - August 7 (5 pm Eastern Time)
Date to send item by: Tuesday, September 8 (the 7th is a US Holiday)
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that a Tracking number is required for this swap: Yes
- If you send internationally, you must keep the receipt you get for shipping the item. The receipt should have information about where the package is going. Photograph or scan the receipt and send it to the organizer and your partner when you report that your package is mailed. This is a new rule - see the rules link at the top of this post.
Details of swap:
For this swap, you’ll decorate an envelope (something around a 6x9ish) in your choice of medium – paint it, mix media it up, add fabric, whatever inspires you. Make sure that the addresses will be legible or add labels. Then, you’ll include FIVE small but handmade (or hand altered) embellishments or crafting doo-dads for your partner to enjoy.
This is a low-pressure swap, with the only requirement being that you must send five hand-made or hand-altered goodies, rather than store-bought.
Some ideas of goodies, embellishments, etc to make:
Handmade stickers, cards, altered tags, crafty ephemera, homemade stencils and stamps, twinchies, inchies, altered paperclips, ATCs, paper feathers, paper flowers, altered buttons, altered tickets, bookmarks, embellishments, envelopes, mini notebooks
(And many other ideas not even mentioned here. Use your imagination)
Some items are what I would consider super smalls. like one altered paper clip probably doesn’t take very long at all. For items like that I would consider a set of 3-5 an “item”
old galleries for ideas:
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
Please put your email subject in this format:
Happy Mail Sign Up - your username
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Happy Mail Swap
Lettuce Craft username:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Do you understand that you will need to send an envelope around 6"x9" in size? (Can do larger if you and your partner agree)
Do you understand that you will need to send FIVE handmade crafty doo-dads to your partner? (Can do more if you and your partner agree)
Do you want to make/send extras?
Allergens in your house:
Anything you would positively, absolutely hate to receive?
Colors you love:
Things you like to make:
Pinterest or other online inspiration:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.