The Apron of Frilly Ridiculousness

Once upon a time, I found a few yards of pink gingham at the thrift store for such an irresistible price that I took it home and added it into the stash pile. It sat there for a few years until one day, for no reason at all, I got a wild hair to make one of those multi pocket organizer bags with a bunch of accessories for my friend Kelli. I was a little concerned she wasnโ€™t going to love the fabric but she said pink is her power colour, what luck! She got a kick out of it and I had such a good time making it for her that a while later I made a travel sewing kit to add to the collection!
Even after all those projects, there was still SO MUCH fabric left that I sewed her this completely ridiculous incredibly frilly apron. Iโ€™m having too much fun with this stuffโ€ฆ

There are over 4 yards of fabric left, what do you think I should make for her next? LOL

19 Likes

Wow, talk about power wear!

How about a superhero jumpsuit! Oooh, Pink Power Ranger!

1 Like

A mob cap/sleeping cap was my (ridiculous) first thought and, frankly, Iโ€™m a little concerned that I might be weirder than I thought. (And thatโ€™s saying something!)
Love the apron!

4 Likes

She introduced me to those, lol. Curly girls gotta watch their locks at night, yo.

1 Like

This apron is quite sweet! Itโ€™s kind of perfect for the pink gingham!

2 Likes

Yes, this is definitely the best use of pink gingham! Just make it as frilly as can be. I actually have a pretty similar apron but in blue gingham.

If you want something really ridiculous, my mum made me a red gingham smocked dress as a kid and I wore it all the time. It was my favourite dress for pretending I was Laura Ingalls living on the prairie. Gingham is perfect for smocking and smocked tops are actually pretty comfortable to wear.

2 Likes

Gaah! Ridiculous, never! This is pink and frilly and absolutely perfect. :heartpulse:

1 Like

I had a sunbonnet in that fabric when I was a kid, so it sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

3 Likes

So fun and pink in a fun way. Hmmm, you could make her some kitchen towels with this as a trim. It wouldnโ€™t take much fabric, but it would match her in the kitchen.

1 Like

A pair of bloomers, shorts or a skirt :smiley:

2 Likes

Hahahaโ€ฆI was going to say a variation of this in reply to @AntBee! @curiousfae has so many curls she might need 4 yards! JK. Love this addition to the pink overload you made for her. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Waiting on action shots @curiousfae ! lol

Omg. Iโ€™m terrible! Iโ€™m going to find it -among the boxes nowโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m just razzing you, girl! LOL

Finally! Here it is. Itโ€™s so dang cute.

7 Likes

Iโ€™m cracking up. Nothing in the pan. Lol. Itโ€™s my famous recipe. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Bahahaha! Gosh, I love you. Looks gorgeous on you.

1 Like

So pink!! So frilly!! @Magpie shared this amazing apron pattern with me :smiley_cat: - so inspiring to see it in action, I need to find some fabulous fabric for it!