Whimsyween 2020 ATCs

When PrincessP started the Draw’tober Craft(art)-a-long, I had no real plans to participate (because I don’t draw, because I wasn’t looking for a daily commitment, etc.) But I couldn’t get some of the names from the Whimsyween prompt list out of my head – and everyone was building their own version of the program anyway – so here we are :laughing:.

These are all collaged from magazine cutouts, bits of packaging, washi tape, gel pen, Sharpie, etc. I’ve been altering the faces a) because I enjoy the bizarreness of it but also b) because I feel weird using photos of real people that aren’t stock photos and want to disguise their likenesses. (Side note: If you’re a lurker here and recognize yourself, uh, sorry.)

Miss Penelope Kim Picnic
20201002_142944_resized

Miss Barbara Millicent Groceries, who almost single-handedly got me into this
20201002_194542

Miss Gracie Lou RealLady
20201003_183431

Miss Bunny Marguerite Groceries, who wasn’t on the prompt list but was the estranged sister I knew Barbara Millicent needed
20201004_193003

I’m taking a break, because I’m still not looking for a daily thing, but I’ll probably do more. If you haven’t checked out the Draw’tober thread, definitely do; it’s a blast. Thanks for looking!

8 Likes

So funny!!

I like how this site shows older projects, else I would have totally missed this and it’s so cool! I like this kind of collage a lot, super fun how you can make a face nifty faces out of bits.

Thanks! They were really fun to make.

Me too! I recently stumbled across one – I think from the Effin Birds swap – that I’d apparently seen before but kind of blown past. For whatever reason, that day it cracked. me. up.

Oh ya, that was a good one. I was so into, a work mate ordered me the book! Lol, I might have been giggling over it fairly non-stop at my desk :grin: