Godzilla Housewarming Stitch

I made this stitch for the wonderful @MistressJennie who recently moved into a new home! I was supposed to have it done so I could gift it to her at the Midwest Meetup, but that…didn’t happen. :woman_facepalming: I did complete it shortly afterwards and ended up mailing it to her. That’s ok, because I got to frame it!

Jennie endearingly called her unborn daughter “Godzilla” during her pregnancy, and I just knew I had to stitch this for her when I saw it.

Here’s an unframed pic with a little less glare.

Pattern is from Jack the stitcher on Etsy.

When posting, LC alerted me that @JoyfulClover stitched up something similar a few years ago! :smile: Thanks for looking. :t_rex: :house: :fire:

35 Likes

It looks wonderful framed.

2 Likes

I love that there is such a connection to Jennie’s little one! It will be a nice story to tell when she gets older…she is going to wonder why all her LC aunties call her Godzilla…with much affection!

Nicely done…I missed the original post the @JoyfulClover did, so it was also nice to see how unique you can make a pattern by color choices and frames! Lovely job all!

3 Likes

I love it so much. Everyone who has come through the house recently has loved it too. I’ll try to get an action shot of it hung up later today!

6 Likes

This is so great. Perfect for MistressJennie! Love the stitching and cute quote.

1 Like

This is adorable!

1 Like

Nicely stitched! I bet it looks perfect in its new home.

1 Like

Great job, I guessed who it was probably for before I looked.

3 Likes

Haha…IYKYK! :wink:

Thanks, all! :smile:

3 Likes

that is great! super cute

1 Like

It was fun to see the progress throughout our visit, and it turned out great :smiley:

2 Likes

Hahahah! The flames are fun and I like that classic script style. Great job on it!

1 Like

This is so artfully stitched and fun (for so many reasons)! I love the look of that little Godzilla and the lettering has that homey sampler feel.

1 Like

Yay, it’s finished! Love the juxtaposition of the sentiment and the more traditional style.

2 Likes

So cute and fun and so perfect for Jennie and her little destroyer! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Here’s where I hung it, right as we come into the house from the garage. I wanted it to be one of the first things WE as a family see.

And a detail shot.

And the little Godzilla in action! Behold, the destruction. Oh, the humanity!

She clearly feels no remorse for her actions.

7 Likes

People like that just want to be right no matter what…no sense antagonizing them by pointing out other yards with weeds…what a jerk…at least now you know who not to invite to any neighborhood get togethers… :laughing:

What a joy your little Godzilla has been for you and Jim…I just can’t believe how much she has grown!

1 Like

Their entire yard looks like a golf course. They use the crew from their property management business to take care of their yard. How many of us have that as an option!!! Also, they bought their house 5 years ago, and immediately got onto the HOA and became the president. I feel like that speaks to a certain type of person… And when they bought 5 years ago, our house was clearly already in need of work. If they didn’t like what was next door, they didn’t have to buy that house in the first place. I think they want to nudge everyone into keeping their yards exactly like theirs, but are settling for the people right next to them. They can threaten to notify the city about our weeds as a ‘public nuisance’, but they can’t really do anything beyond that. We were going to have the yard worked on in Spring, but they’re only giving us incentive to do the bare minimum, rather than to make the place look truly beautiful.

2 Likes

Just concentrate on your family and irritate them by, as you said, doing the minimum…nothing they can do nor does the city want to get involved in…

1 Like

Aw! I love that!

I tried so hard to iron out those creases. :tired_face:

3 Likes