Halloween Costume Challenge 2023

:candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern:

:vampire:t2: :elf:t2: :woman_zombie: :man_superhero: :woman_supervillain: :mage: Halloween Costume Challenge 2023! :woman_mage: :man_supervillain: :woman_superhero: :zombie: :elf: :vampire:t2:

The most wonderful time of the year is nearly here… Halloween! The perfect time to be anything your heart desires. Or to dress your kiddos up as anything their hearts desire! So pull your fabric sheers out of your secret hiding place, grab your faithful glue gun, and get crafting on a totally epic Halloween costume!

YOUR MISSION - CRAFT AN AWESOME HALLOWEEN COSTUME!

The Rules:

• Your costume may be for yourself, or for a family member or friend.
  • You may have help or collaborate on the costume with an immediate family member like your spouse.
  • Your costume may contain some purchased elements, but must be predominantly handmade by you. (Examples of purchased items could be a crown, to go with the princess dress you sewed.)
  • Each LC member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread. If you wish to submit a group or family set of costumes, it will count as 1 entry.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on November 5th.

The winner of the Halloween Costume Challenge will receive a $20 Amazon gift card!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Fashion & Wearables Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- Halloween Costume Entry 2023” (example: Jennie’s Frankenstein Costume - Halloween Costume Entry 2023). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on November 6th - 12th.
  • The winner will be announced on November 13th.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

:candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern: :candy: :skull_and_crossbones: :jack_o_lantern:

Entries:
@marionberries Fashion Forward Witch Hat
@HeroicHatchling’s Baba Yaga’s House
@curiousfae’s Beavis & Butthead Paper Mache Heads
@tendstowardschaos Little Black Shirt Dress
@MegAskunk’s Teddy Bear of Despair
@MistressJennie’s Strawberry Shortcake and Friends!

Halloween Costume Challenge 2023
  • Fashion Forward Witch Hat
  • Baba Yaga’s House
  • Beavis & Butthead Paper Mache Heads
  • Little Black Shirt Dress
  • Teddy Bear of Despair
  • Strawberry Shortcake and Friends!
0 voters
3 Likes

For inspiration, be sure to check out last year’s winner Elizabeth Swan costume by @tendstowardschaos!

5 Likes

This is always so exciting!!

Some of my favorite times of the year, when my feed is filled with costumes. I’m lucky, I get two of those, since Purim is about half a year from now.

1 Like

Always a fun challenge! My costume this year might just be pulled from previous year’s bits and pieces. Wait, where is that witch’s hat? Did it blow off last year during that squall I hit while zooming around on my broom?

I may have something to post after all!

2 Likes

A new witch hat was needed. The rest of my costume will come out of the closet…but a new hat!

4 Likes

At the last minute the kids decided they needed me to make them new costumes this year after all, so here’s my entry.

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/baba-yagas-house-costume-halloween-costume-entry-2023/26483?u=heroichatchling

2 Likes

How about this dynamic (er… dorky) duo?!

8 Likes

I went to a Halloween party, and the theme was “Person in a Music Video.” So, I went as Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders in the video for Brass in Pocket.

I sewed the dress, apron, and hair accessory. The wig was a hoot to style into a bouffant and French twist…my DH had to put it on while I pinned. I’ll have to get pictures from him later.

3 Likes

Just shared my Monokuma costume!

2 Likes

VOTING IS NOW OPEN FOR THIS CHALLENGE! PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST POST AND VOTE!

2 Likes

Congratulations @HeroicHatchling Your Baba Yaga’s House costume has won the Halloween Costume Challenge! And thank you to all of our participants for helping to make our site a fun and happy place!

5 Likes

Woohoo! How exciting! Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations!! What a great costume!!

1 Like