Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2023

Thank you!

The rosary medals I do get from a Catholic medals shop on Etsy, but the eye pins, jump rings, chain, and beads are just from various jewelry findings suppliers. If you’re looking for anything specific, send me a message and I’ll give you links to the shops I bought them from.

D’oh! I almost forgot to announce that there are new Headmistress, Iron Chef, and Book Club prompts!

3 Likes

Class/Challenge: Divination
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Yarn Bowl Coaster
Brief Description: For Divination, I crocheted a coaster to protect my table from my ceramic yarn bowl. It’s made from cotton yarn & has 13 rounds of crochet - I made 2 circles (6 rounds of double crochet each) and crocheted them together with 1 round of reverse single crochet.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: House Unity
Project Name: Red Ripple Bowls
Brief Description: For House Unity, I crocheted a pair of ripple bowls out of Gryffindor red yarn. I used this pattern, did 9 rounds for one bowl & 10 rounds for the other, and added a round of reverse single crochet to both.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Potions
Project Name: Blue Ripple Bowls
Brief Description: For Potions, I crocheted a pair of ripple bowls out of blue yarn. I used this pattern, did 9 rounds for one bowl & 10 rounds for the other, and added a round of reverse single crochet to both.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: The Count of Monte Cristo Junk Journal
Brief Description: There is a crazy amount of glue, wax, and thread holding this journal together. It’s almost magical how much bigger it gets when you unwrap that rope.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - ch. 7: Bagman and Crouch
Project Name & Page Link: Junk journal inserts
Brief Description: These pockets and secret note cards were fun inserts to include in my junk journal, a big project that I worked on secretly.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: WIP Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: The Husband Sweater (Pattern)
Brief Description: I’ve been slogging through the endless sea of stockinette since before Christmas on this sweater. But, it’s now complete, ready to wear, and fits perfectly. Well worth the work.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Stash Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Knitted Breeches
Brief Description: I pulled a ball of yarn out of stash and improvised a pair of pants for my 3D-printed BJD… DS2 was tired of seeing his butt and all but demanded I dress him.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Giant project dump!

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Bumblebee Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Brief Description: For Ada’s first birthday I made a huge platter of chocolate dipped pretzels . I dipped the pretzels in golden yellow candy melts, then drizzled with milk chocolate to look like the stripes on a bee.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Snail Mug Rug
Brief Description: I followed a pattern and a few tutorials to make this mug rug! The pattern is from C Bird Crochet Patterns, and the yarn is called Caron Little Crafties.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Bumblebee Candy Bark
Brief Description: Another project for Ada’s birthday. I made a huge batch of candy bark; white chocolate with drops of leftover yellow, and the other was milk chocolate. Both were filled with pretzels, Butterfinger bits, Reese’s Pieces, Oreos, and sprinkles. It was a lot of ingredients!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Honey Spice Birthday Cake
Brief Description: Ada’a cake was a honey spice cake decorated with honey icing and held together with buttercream, and decorated with tiny candy bees and flowers. It was delicious.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Balloon Arch
Brief Description: The yellow and black color scheme reminded me of my Hufflepuff friends.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Comfort
Project Name & Page Link: Honeycomb Snack Mix
Brief Description: I made a double batch of Honeycomb Caramel Snack Mix. It made me feel trashy to buy sugary cereal, only to add more sugar to it, but damn it was good. Everyone loved it, and I’m going to have to make more, just to use up the family sized box of cereal.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

I almost forgot!

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef Challenge: April - Comfort Food
Project Name & Page Link: Dad’s Meatloaf
Brief Description: It’s simple and rustic and tastes like home. I made my dad’s meatloaf recipe to break my Good Friday fast Saturday night (which meant cold meatloaf sandwiches for two days!).

Ingredients:
ground beef, eggs, minced onion, ketchup, garlic and onion powder, crushed saltine crackers, salt and pepper (and, I just remembered that I forgot the Worcestershire sauce, boo)
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys!!!

Aaaaggghhhh!!!

3 Likes

I always felt like each book should be a whole season of a show long. To get all the details and characters cutting them down to 2 hour movies removes.

1 Like

Yes! I remember years ago there was a tv network that did an April fools joke of s trailer for a show called The Aurors and it was beautiful and so, so disappointing when one found out it was a phony ad.
I was really hoping when they saw how successful GoT was that maybe that would get an HP ball rolling.

1 Like

Class: Detention - Stash
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Nendo Room
Project Description: This little room box was made entirely with stuff I had on hand. I had a lot of fun with it! I’ll be making some furniture for it next. The “wallpaper” is scrapbook paper I bought nearly 20 years ago that was “too precious to use” lol! (Anyone else have supplies like that?)
Project Pics:

5 Likes

Class/Challenge: Astronomy
Project Name: 4 Coasters
Brief Description: For Astronomy class, I was inspired by the Great Square of Pegasus (4 stars of equal brightness), to crochet 4 matching coasters made from cotton yarn.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Charms
Project Name: Bookmarks
Brief Description: For Charms, I used glue to make some bookmarks!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Flying
Project Name: Cow Painting
Brief Description: For Flying class, I used a paint-by-number kit to paint a cow! It’s the first time I’ve finished a paint-by-number & it was for an event, so I made it unique with some additions inspired by a favorite video game series (Nancy Drew games).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, April Showers
Project Name: Pink Circle
Brief Description: For this challenge, I used yarn the color of new pink flowers to crochet a circle to protect furniture.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Hermione’s Book Club, Chapter 7
Project Name: Cotton Potholder
Brief Description: For this challenge, I wanted to make a potholder, but I wasn’t sure if I had enough yarn. I tried anyway & of course ran out. Luckily, I found a little bit of leftover yarn in a different color in my stash & was able to finish. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Nice work, you’ve been busy!

1 Like

OMG @jellybean AWESOME Sonny Joon reference! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley: I am so happy that someone recognized the reference! :grin:
I’ve been replaying the games & I have so many ideas for things to make after I finish some more WIPs.

1 Like

Class: Divination
Project Name:13 row Cardi
Project Description: I came up with a pattern to make a tiny cardi. It has 13 rows!
Project Pic:

Class: Flying
Project Name:Buttercup Dress
Project Description: I followed a pattern that listed all the tools and elements I’d need for this cute dress. You can find the pattern here.
Project Pic:

3 Likes

New Headmistress, Iron Chef, and Book Club Challenges have been posted!

2 Likes

OMG, It’s been forever since I visited LettuceCraft. Let me tell you, life is crazy busy with a toddler. :smile:
I need to take some time to scroll through all your posts, and see what I can contribute here :rofl:

4 Likes

@Abbeeroad , I am abandoning my AS (Not) Pink Fizz Sweater. I frogged the wip and started a new sweater with it in Feb.