Invite Your Partner 2023 Swap GALLERY!

Wow, those are all incredible! The characters have so much personality, and that lettering is beyond cool.

2 Likes

Wow @curiousfae, your monster art is adorable (love the expression on Pressie’s face :heart: :sauropod:), and the lettering pieces are spectacular - so dynamic and expressive!!

2 Likes

I received a jaw-dropping, wonderful package from @Abbeeroad today! We agreed to swap fabric balls (hers scrappy, mine Temari). I am blown away by what she created! Look, look, look!

Sorry for so many pictures, but there is such cool stitchery from every angle…
She also sent some fun and artistic extras, including the handpainted pinback badge in the photo above and the things in the photos below. A cheery, sunny Teesha patch in my favorite colors & themes, and a 5x7” painted rabbit (I love rabbits!)

I need to put the rabbit picture in a frame; it wants to curl up. But I assure you the edges are nice and straight when it’s flattened.
Everything was all packaged so prettily, as well… but of course I never think to take pictures before I rip into everything.
Thank you SO much, @Abbeeroad! Not just for the package, but also for accepting my invitation.

10 Likes

Such pretty things!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you like it!! It was really fun and such a departure from what I usually make. I loved the creative stretch.

The extras really were extras! I had made them for various alongs here on LC and thought you’d like them. I’m glad they found a good home!!

3 Likes

I feel a sudden need to have a bowl full of scrappy balls! :grin:

What a wonderful mixed bag of A-road goods!

6 Likes

@megwell and I agreed to swap three ATCs :heart:

They arrived in a beautiful handmade envelope :love_letter:

For my bodies of water theme, “Niagara Falls” she dressed up a postcard from @Cindy

Found poetry, “Duckling of the Runes”

Song Lyrics, “Any way the wind blows”

They all have such great detail and texture! Thank you @megwell :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love them!!!

11 Likes

I love me some ATCs, and those are way cool! Clever idea to doctor up a postcard. Hmmm…

3 Likes

So fun to see something I sent @megwell used in a craft :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m so glad you like them!! I’m so used to doing ATCs on the shorter turnaround of the ongoing swap that it was a really cool process to linger with these for a bit.

@Cindy, it’s always fun for me to be able to incorporate something from another LCer in a swap project. Thanks for knowing that after you sent, I’d have this idea and sending a perfect card for it :laughing: .

Also, credit for the greeting card goes to @geekgirl :+1:t2:.

7 Likes

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

love everything… but i def love. love. LOVE. that niagara falls postcard and that rabbit pic especially…the black outlining just makes it pop!!

everyone here just makes the most amazing stuff!!! these galleries never disappoint!!! :heart:

1 Like

So many cool things! Those monsters are so darn cute, the scrappy ball is to die for, and duckling of the runes just makes me giggle. :smile:

1 Like

I received from @Juju! :relaxed:

She sent me her package in this cute watermelon wrap. I was tickled to see it when my son brought in the mail. This is the back side.

I opened it to find…

Woo hoo! I’ve been craving something sweet and sour! Sour Patch Kids to the rescue!

Inside the envelope was a nice letter and…

Little Kitty paperclips-- squee they are so cute!

Inside the even tinier package are the two crafted items. You all might have guessed that I love Halloween so…

Look at these hanging decorations! Or they could be necklaces or even gigantic earrings (the thought did cross my mind). They are made out of some heavy duty… chip board? Gorgeously painted gold underneath then collaged. I love Juju’s assemblies. Look at those beads hanging from the bottom! So sparkly🤩 I have a million ideas of where to place them, but for now they’ll absolutely have to be hung in my craft room. Or maybe the library. WE’LL SEE.

Thank you, Juju, for asking me to be your partner! We should totally team up again :partying_face:

8 Likes

What a fun idea! I love Halloween, so seeing those now is really fun! I love the mix of materials used in both of them!

2 Likes

Oh, I love the Halloween theme amd the kitties are the cutest.

3 Likes

Love the two-tone bead on the spider one, and all the other little dangly bits. The lettering on that first one is cool; did you do that by hand, @juju?

3 Likes

I received my amazing ATCs from @Reinikka!

For my 2023 word of the year:

InspiroBot quotation:

Found poetry:

Why is my hand in that photo? Because the poem flips out to reveal a clock with movable hands!

And the handmade card they came in:

Thanks so much, Reinikka!!! Thrilled to have been your partner for this swap!

13 Likes

Beautiful paper crafting. I especially like the mushrooms.

3 Likes

Love the clock!

3 Likes