Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Oooh, yummy TM patches!

2 Likes

These are sooooo pretty! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My new favourite bag! Thank you so much @AudiobookLover , it’s even better than I anticipated.

These fabrics are excellent together

And ever since @ceep made a shirt from this awesome stuff I’ve wanted some.

Tickled pink! & all the other colours too!

19 Likes

Oh my gosh. This bag is FANTASTIC!!

2 Likes

I know! I took it out for an errand tonight. I love it, seriously.

1 Like

That’s great, and it looks like a perfect size for shopping

2 Likes

Wonderful fabrics!! What a super bag!!

3 Likes

What a cool bag and that interior fabric is amazing

3 Likes

I’m thankful for the Peek Behind the Curtains Challenge, otherwise I never would have posted about that bag. It would still be here, occasionally used in a disdainful manner, rather than there with you being worn and used with pride. It makes me so happy that you enjoy it!

7 Likes

Look at what @Magpie sent me in return for the bag! I have really been wanting to organize my craft space with some ‘crafted organizers (ie. instead of a hot chocolate tin, a beautiful flying geese basket).’ This basket is a perfect start on that goal. I absolutely love it!

Even the base is nicely stitched!

Magpie’s original basket post.

It makes me smile that we each swapped something we weren’t big fans of (in Magpie’s case, the flying geese) and ended up with something we both truly appreciated! Thank you so much, Magpie!

18 Likes

I think that is so fabulous that you guys loved each other’s projects…I think both are wonderful, but obviously, they wanted to be in different homes!!!

3 Likes

Fantastic swap!!! @Magpie @AudiobookLover

2 Likes

I love that bag, it’s my every day carry now. I’ve gotten so many compliments!
Super happy you like the basket, I love the idea of it helping you organize.

2 Likes

A swap to turn us all green with envy!! :smiley:

4 Likes

I got a fabulous unexpected package from @Magpie today. She sent a bunch of awesome fabric for my hypothetical grandbaby quilt lol at this!!

And she made me tthis flamingo pillow case, and flamingo fabric and Bob Ross!!

And this wonderful vintage page that is for a Christmas crib, with a flamingo!!

And look at the card, it gave me a pang.

This made my day, I’ve stopped swapping because the cost of mail from you guys to me is just insane. And I always feel guilty when I see the postage on a package that comes to me. So this is the first one since Christmas, so it’s especially welcome

22 Likes

Say what now? I always say “I’ll send anywhere” so I get a chance to swap with the wide-wide world. Don’t give up on us!

11 Likes

What a treasure trove!!!

Swaps are always worthwhile!!

2 Likes

I understand this feeling! I almost quit swapping for the same reason. When I see what someone from the US has spent just to send to Canada, it almost takes the fun out of it. I want to tell my partners to make everything flat so it goes as letter mail.

5 Likes

Cindy…I will always swap with my international friends! I have a business shipping account that is a perk from my company. I don’t abuse it, but it is part of my compensation package, so I can use it several times a year. Even if I didn’t have that, I would still ship overseas because the cost to me is much better than going out to eat somewhere (and cheaper!)…don’t feel guilty…we can request each other as partners even! Organizers are willing to help out!

9 Likes

@Cindy and @Edel I don’t mind the cost of shipping internationally. Swapping allows me to be creative and build friendships. Shipping internationally is inexpensive compared to many other hobbies. You shouldn’t feel bad. Plus, I cheat and declare flat packages as documents because the cost of shipping documents internationally is WAY cheaper. I haven’t been caught yet! Knock on wood.

9 Likes