Majestic Buck X-stitch Throw Pillow

I finished this cross stitch pattern last May with the intention of making it into a pillow cover well before yesterday, but yesterday is when I finally did it!

MajesticPillowCover02

I happened to have two suitable fabrics in my stash, so YEY! I think all of my cross stitch pillow covers have been made from stash so far. Double YEY!

MajesticPillowCover03

The buttons are also from stash; a gift from a friend a few years ago. I have made a few of this “window” style of pillow over the years, but this is the first time I’ve deviated from a simple 90 degree corner and I’m pleased with the result. I think the curve suits the texture on the vinyl and it being vinyl made it easier to make the curve work, too. The back is upholstery fabric.

MajesticPillowCover04

18 Likes

I remember that stitch! Excellent incorporation into your pillow. Those buttons couldn’t be more perfect.

2 Likes

The “window” corner curves are refleected in the antlers & the banner, too!

Love the fabric matching!

4 Likes

Great cross stitch, and such attention to detail in the construction of the pillow. Very cool!

2 Likes

I the the curved corners ups the classiness of it. Beautifully done cross stitch too!

1 Like

love the stitch, the vinyl, and especially the buttons!

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone!

This is so cool! I read the title wrong and thought it had to do with Bucky from the Marvel universe. I love everything about this. I often don’t know what to do with my finished cross stitch projects. Maybe I’ll finally learn how to use my sewing machine and do something like this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Really nice! I like the buttons on the back. Such a nice little detail.

Thanks, y’all!

I think realizing that I could go the pillow route encouraged me to finally take up cross stitching, because my interior decor style does not lend itself to hanging them on the wall, generally speaking. And then realizing I could make pillow covers and switch them out to save storage made it a no-brainer for me.

Thank you! When I remembered I had these it was like :cloud: :partly_sunny: :sun_with_face: :rainbow: !

I like to think that using the special buttons on the back with fabric that isn’t utterly plain makes it a suitable second front side. :upside_down_face: So, if I were to want a plainer look for some reason, I could just flip over some of the pillows. Sometimes I forget and force my way through with a zipper, especially a stashed one that is not-quite-right, and I need to remember how this isn’t really any more difficult. It just takes a tiny bit more fabric and care in measuring & cutting it.

4 Likes

That is so awesome…I would dare say, majestic!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thanks!

This is awesome. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with some small format cross stitch pieces. They are just waiting in a box to made into an object, and this appeals to me. I’m not much for framed projects on the walls.

1 Like

Thanks!

My own tastes lean away from framed cross stitch, etc. on walls, too. That and limited storage lead me to making pillow covers (vs. making pillows). It’s been a game changer!

1 Like

I had so many yards of that lovely backing vinyl in the past, and couldn’t decide what to do with it. You hit it out of the park pairing it with your smug buck…The leather look (and of course the buttons!) is so perfect for a woodsy pillow, and then the added fanciness of the design on it coincides with the baroque hypermasculinity of the majestic fellow, so he can’t be taken too seriously, even if he thinks he should be. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Plus, I love that this is where you’ve channeled the experience of walking into a world of so much taxidermy!

2 Likes

I’ve used a larger piece of cross stitch as a panel for a tote bag Vintage kitchenware cross stitch and it’s still used daily and looking great!

I’ve also used smaller pieces for zipper pouches and for cards. I do like some types of framed cross stitich, but I’m mostly just too lazy to DIY that and too cheap to pay people to do it. So I find alternatives.

1 Like

I’m going to have to remember these options, especially!

Framing would be more appealing to me, I think, if more cross stitch patterns fit nicely into standard-sized frames so I could use thrift store finds or even new, non-custom frames. It seems like most of the time they end up with awkward borders around the piece.

1 Like