PL by goatgoddess, pic by Lynx

GALLERY

Previous Gallery

Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: geekgirl
Sign-up date range: July 22, 2023 - August 4, 2023
Date to send item on or before: Sept 7, 2023
Limited to a certain number of people? No

What is a Pocket Letter

This swap is for a mini pocket letter which is one horizontal strip cut off a 9 pocket trading card protector

The front of each of the 3 pockets should contain an ATC and the back of each pocket should contain a decorative piece of paper cut ATC size. 2 of the pockets should contain small bits of ephemera. the 3rd one should contain a letter about yourself. Decorating the outside of the pockets is optional.

Instead of a free form letter you could find an “About Me” form to fill out like this one. You can also google pen pal templates.

Pocket Letter example 1
Pocket Letter example 2
Pocket Letter example 3
Pocket Letter example 4
Mini Pocket Letter example 1
Mini Pocket Letter example 2

If you google pocket letters you will see lots of examples that are really simple and don’t look like they took much time or effort. We are not going to make pocket letters like that. We should all strive to make a quality product and expect to spend at least a couple of hours of effort on our pocket letters.

If you meet these conditions, you can join in on the fun:

• Has been a member for at least one month
  • Has posted at least 15 times
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
  • Does not have any negative feedback
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
  • If within the US, understands that a Tracking number is required for this swap
  • If sending internationally, understands that a shipping receipt with address must be captured

To participate, fill out and return the questionnaire below to organizer @geekgirl.

SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE

Name of swap: Mini Pocket Letter

Lettuce Craft username:

Email address:

Your real name + mailing address as needs to be written on packages:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

Are you at least 16 years old?

Any allergens in your home (animals or smoke)?

Do you have any allergies?

Do you want 1 or 2 partners?

List at least 5 themes you would like for your mini pocket letter:

Do you have a Pinterest or other online site with favorites for inspiration?

Do you understand that tracking is required for shipping within the US and an image must be captured for International receipts?

Will you post in the swap thread once before and once per week during the crafting period?

Is there anything else you’d like your partner to know?

Participants:

@geekgirl
@Abbeeroad
@Lynx
@gozer
@jemimah
@GeekyBookworm
@curiousfae
@Bunny1kenobi
@megwell
@Kwality570
@goatgoddesss
@bluebird

Partners

Participant Sends To
geekgirl jemimah
geekgirl gozer
gozer geekgirl
Abberoad goatgoddess
Lynx curiousfae
jemimah geekgirl
jemimah Megwell
geekybookworm Bunny1kenobi
curiousfae Lynx
curiousfae bluebird
Bunny1kenobi goatgoddess
Bunny1kenobi geekybookworm
Megwell jemimah
kwality570 bluebird
goatgoddess Bunny1kenobi
goatgoddess Abberoad
bluebird curiousfae
bluebird kwality570
7 Likes

I am doing a huge rehaul / decluttering of my house right now and I really want to join this. I am going to triple-rime it so I can join! Great motivation!

7 Likes

I’ve sent in my sign up! I missed out on this swap last year as we were in the midst of moving to Australia. It’s exactly a year today since we got on a plane and came here for good! :kangaroo: :boomerang: :sunny: :shark: :crocodile:

I don’t think Ive done a pocket letter before. I got a bunch of trading card protectors (hubby has MTG collection), so I’m feeling like making a couple of practice ones while we wait for partners.

5 Likes

I think I can fit this one in as school starts back up again.

3 Likes

I joined. Even if I am still decluttering, this will be a great way to make me stop and craft a little. I am sure if I am still decluttering by then, I will need a break.

2 Likes

My Q is in! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I would totally sign up for this because I love these, but we just closed on a new house and will need to prepare our current house for sale. Unfortunately, this means decluttering and that means packing up the craft room. I think I’ll be out of crafty commission for a while, but will stalk the gallery!

7 Likes

Oh, congrats and good luck!!!

3 Likes

That’s very exciting for you! Congratulations, but we’ll miss you.

4 Likes

I just signed up! Whooo!

4 Likes

Signed up!
This swap is always a favorite.

4 Likes

Seriously considering this one.

Question for people who’ve swapped them before: How did you bulk them up to qualify them for DCs? Just chunky cards/goodies in the pockets?

4 Likes

You could swaddle them in bubble wrap or use a bubble envelope, maybe?

4 Likes

I believe I used a padded mailer last time. The stuff I put in the pockets was still pretty flat. It would have fit in a letter envelope, np.

2 Likes

I asked @geekgirl when I signed up, and she said paper swap rules are fine for this swap if it’s flat enough - so you can send as a letter, but must be willing to remake and resend if it doesn’t arrive. It will make it more affordable for international postage too!

7 Likes

Good to know!

2 Likes

my days are all messed up. I came here to post that signups end tomorrow but it’s only July 27th. Not Aug 3rd.

4 Likes

Haha! Story of my life!

2 Likes

Sent in my q!

3 Likes

Okay, I took the plunge and sent in my q!

6 Likes