COMPLETE - Mug Rug Swap Round 2 (signup 2/15-2/24; send out 4/3!)

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

1 Like

I started constructing the different elements for the embellisment. Thing 1 of at least four done. Might as well make it eight or twelve… We’ll see. The pattern appears to be working so far.

3 Likes

I made decent progress today. Ran it by a co-conspirator and got the thumbs up so hopefully that’s good! Brainstorming another component for another day…maybe tomorrow!

3 Likes

I am in the studio but it’s freezing in here, brrr! My fingers feel too cold to sew.

3 Likes

I look forward to the longer days in spring, and the blossoms on trees :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

I hate when I feel too cold to be productive! I picked up an ‘XL Extra-Long Back & Neck Heating Pad’ for times when I feel chilly. I think l’ve worn it in the intended style once, now it just sits on the seat of my chair and I turn it on any time I want a little extra warmth. It’s helped me craft on nights when I normally would have declared it too chilly to work.

2 Likes

I tripped a breaker, space heater + computer + iron = oops!

4 Likes

80 degrees here…I might be done with mine by this afternoon… :grin:

2 Likes

I am done! I kind of want to keep it, lol, even though I’m not into the same fandom. I hope it’s “phishy” enough!

3 Likes

I’m sure it will be great! He’s going to be so surprised, I can’t wait to see his face.

2 Likes

One down, one to go!

3 Likes

I’m nearly done, just finishing touches to do, whilst I wait for a last minute purchase to arrive!

2 Likes

Mine is packed and going into the mail tomorrow!

1 Like

I’m done! Going to pack up and send tomorrow. I love these flat crafts that can go as lettermail.
Hey, what size did y’all go with? I read the description and was totally shocked at how large they can be. Before this I always just made them like an extra long coaster.

3 Likes

I put a mug and saucer plate on mine…a drink and a snack…so, I usually make mine about 12x8 or so. I try not to make them placemat size…more narrow and long . I think it depends on what you want to embellish with.

1 Like

I usually make them around 6"x8" or about A5 size, that’s a size that work wells for me. But it depends a bit on the design, I’ve got some bigger ones too. I like having an assortment for my various snacking needs :grin:

3 Likes

I’m sending today as well! Mine is about 6x8.

Sounds like folks are moving along! Our send out is this Friday, March 31. How are folks feeling about that? I know we’ve had some life events in our group. Would you like an extra week??

2 Likes

I’m looking at a bunch of ends to weave in, but it should be doable. I haven’t measured mine, but it’s looking more like ”small placemat” than ”big coaster”.

Today I’ve carried around craft things, but crafting at a café turned into a bit of medical drama behind spoiler: helping person who seizured. So. Interesting day. Luckily several people rushed to help, and as it was next to the hospital the ambulance crew came quickly. The persons sibling called while we were still figuring out what happened, and told me they had epilepsy (I asked), so we could tell the paramedics that at least.

My appointment at the hospital was a breeze after that.

4 Likes

How stressful for everyone involved. Hope the patient is okay.

2 Likes

Glad there was a quick response from those surrounding/supporting them!

OK, I haven’t heard resounding cries for more time, so unless I hear otherwise in the next couple of days, we will keep the original send out date of THIS FRIDAY.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I will be away on vacation next week and likely won’t be checking in more than once or twice a day. I don’t anticipate this being a problem, but wanted to give you all a heads up!

3 Likes