CLOSED: Nerd Games - Fall 2022

I made these other two scarves as a test as well. They haven’t been released quite yet, but they should be soon.

Prompt: October - Spoopy
Team: Don’t Stop Beleafing
Project Name: Blue Scarf
Project Link:
Brief Description: I did not enjoy making this scarf and I didn’t like how it looked, so I cheated a little. I only crocheted half of the scarf, positioned it, took a photo, then mirrored the image back to make it look like a completed scarf. I then frogged the project to use the yarn for something else. I feel bad, but I really didn’t like it. Everyone has different aesthetics though, so I’m sure others will love this scarf
Project Photo(s):

I made these other two scarves as a test as well. They haven’t been released quite yet, but they should be soon.

Prompt: Advent - Superstition
Project Name: Green scarf Scarf
Project Link:
Brief Description: I liked this scarf a little more. I didn’t frog this one. This pattern required repeating rows 3-14 over and over until reaching the desired length.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I could probably cover two research projects with one scarf XD amazing work

4 Likes

Prompt: 12 weeks of winter: Monster mash
Team: So Corn-fused
Project Name: Monster stud earrings
Brief Description: Both Frankenstein and Dracula is mentioned in the fun song, so I painted them on these studs, a bit cartoonish but I want them to be fun studs. Their faces are so small I had to redo them several times
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Those are super cute earrings. One may say they’re a graveyard smash :grin:

3 Likes

I love little stud earrings! These are absolutely adorable!

1 Like

Prompt: October - Creepy Cute
Project Name: Copic tree
Project Link: (Copic Drawings 2)
Brief Description: I was going to add leaves, but I really liked how the trunk and branches came out, so I stopped. Maybe it’s spooky, but mostly I think it’s pretty cute. All of the ones I’m posting were done freehand but based on images I found online and referenced closely.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Spoopy
Project Name: Rainbow Rose
Brief Description: I layer and layer and layer my copics. This was my first time using this type/brand of paper and it started to pill - oops. You can see it a bit on the upper petals.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Eye of Newt
Project Name: Ship
Brief Description: I did a series of three copic pictures based on tattoo flash. I mixed a bunch of colors!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Toe of Frog
Project Name: Heart and Dagger
Brief Description: This one has nice greenery.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Wool of Bat
Project Name: Moth
Brief Description: And, this one has wings! Under the cut for buggy-averse peeps.

Project Photo(s):

Summary

Prompt: October - Tongue of Dog
Project Name: Holiday Kitty
Brief Description: Another copic drawing. This one is furry!

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Most of these are super cute. The moth nearly had my phone flying across the room, it scared me so much. Mr SBC laughed at me and scrolled past for me. It’s realistic looking for sure!

I think the kitty in the stocking is my favorite. I want to boop that nose :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kindness! And oh no! I didn’t think about the bug thing! I hid that one under a cut now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for that. My phobia is a bit out of control. :grimacing:

Mr SBC is wearing his bat tie to work today. Here’s a few shots of him wearing it!

7 Likes

@LovelyMiss I was wondering what you two were talking about. Makes since that you hid it now.

@storerboughtcreation Mr SBC looks very happy and festive today. I am sure he will be a hit where ever he goes!

3 Likes

Trick or Treat!
October was packed full of stuff, but I always keep the games in the back of my head. I’m not very active in the forum, but I’m online everyday, getting tons of inspiration from everyone.

@gozer I love your boo notebook, and your cookies look great.
@megwell another great ghost from the craft this in your style craft along.
@imera the stew looks good, very filling and warming for winter and the stud earrings are so cute.
@storerboughtcreation beautiful scarves (even the one you didn’t like), the braided squares remind me of friendship bracelets.
@Bunny1kenobi yay for a liitle boo in a different medium, I love the ideas from that craft along, and the googly eye earrings are so cool.
@LovelyMiss great set of drawings, I keep going back to look at the colors of the rose.

Now to see what I can round up from stuff I did this month to join the fun.

4 Likes

Prompt: October Battle: Creepy Cute
Project Name: Mummy Dogs and Ghosty Rice
Project Link:
Brief Description:
For Halloween, we had planned a movie and snacks evening. watched Nightmare Before Christmas and had some yummies. This platter has dough-wrapped hot dogs (with fiddly mustard seed eyes) and rice balls filled with avocado. This is obviously not downright scary and pretty cute :jack_o_lantern:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: October battle cute
Team: be-leaf-ing
Project Name: Ghost pretzels
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: white chocolate dipped pretzels with candy eyes. Made a whole bunch of these for all my moms neighbors. We nade four batches and i forgot to get pics until the very end!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

@Tanath, thanks! Your mummy dogs are a fitting treat for a not-so-spooky night! I bet the rice balls were fun to bite into. Like eating a little monster :blush:

@gozer, I feel like you have a choir of ghosties. They must all be altos, because the got the ooohs and aaahs part :laughing: (that is how @roler and I met in high school. To this day I know background oohs and aahs and not lyrics to many songs :rofl:)

4 Likes

@storerboughtcreation
OMG cute frog! And so many many many amazing scarves!

@imera
It is so turning into stew weather, though I’m not sure I’m ready to tackle lamb! It looks delicious. And those tiny earrings! Wow, I can’t imagine getting those faces painted.

@Bunny1kenobi
Love the skelly heart hands! That would be awesome on a t-shirt. The little boo guy is adorable, as are the eye earrings and the bat-tea! And a wonderful ATC (every time I see one I think I need to get back to doing more of those). Ooooh, now I see the skeleheart tee and I love that one, too. And that carousel!!!

@LovelyMiss
That tree art is STUNNING. The rose, the ship, the heart and dagger, the moth… gorgeous. The kitten in the stocking is adorable.

@Tanath
I love creepy cute food!

@gozer
Oh my goodness, those pretzels are adorable!

3 Likes

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get my monthly battle in. I had something else planned, but I didn’t have the time to do it (it had multiple steps that required drying time in between), so this was tonight’s effort (instead of the stack of papers I should be grading…).

Prompt: October Battle- Creepy Cute
Project Name: Bert the Ghost…
Project Link: Bert the Ghost
Brief Description: This pattern is Glowbert the Ghost (from Theresa’s Crochet Shop). But, the glow yarn I ended up buying was a bit difficult to work with after a long day at work. So I switched to regular white RHSS yarn. So, because he doesn’t glow, he’s simply Bert. Ghosts can be a bit creepy (if you think about them wandering among us, watching what we’re doing), but this one is pretty cute!

Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: October Battle - Creepy Cute
Project Name: Cemetery Cake
Project Link: coming soon (with the other cake, too)
Brief Description: I made this, and another cake (coming soon) as part of our Halloween party at work. The mice are melted wafers in a mold I bought, the cookies I made and made royal icing to decorate. The cake is a box mix red velvet with buttercream frosting that I made coated in crushed oreos.

Project Photo:

7 Likes

Prompt: October Battle: Creepy Cute
Project Name: Monster krispy bars
Project Link:
Brief Description: These look a little unsettlingly like ground beef, but they are actually Rice Krispy treats with crushed freeze-dried fruits mixed in, then dipped in dark chocolate and decorated with cute candy eyes. I made these for my haunted house themed murder mystery party!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Spoopy
Project Name: Arezu costume
Project Link:
Brief Description: I threw together a costume of Arezu from Pokémon Legends: Arceus for my office Halloween party. For the top, I cut and hemmed slits up the sides and laced them with red shoelaces (in retrospect I should have used a brighter red that stood out more) and painted the logo and stripes on with fabric paint, but I realized later that I accidentally painted down the outside of one arm and the inside of the other. Still, it was a fun constume!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: 12 weeks of winter: This is Halloween
Project Name: Pumpkin head patch window :smiley:
Project Link: Topic
Brief Description: I love the movie, and I love the song, couldn’t be a better fit! Here is my jack pumpkin king patch window decoration
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October battle: Creepy cute
Project Name: Ghostly earrings
Project Link: Topic
Brief Description: Ghosts can be creepy, but these are mostly cute XD Also made for the Craft this in your style challenge :heart: :ghost:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Even if Halloween isn’t a huge thing here I love it so much! Just look at all the projects so far :heart:

@LovelyMiss Great work with the copic, personally I love the ship and the bug

@storerboughtcreation He looks so happy! Lovely bow

@Tanath I wish I had more time to do noms, but looking at yours is good enough, love the mummies XD

@craftADDchick creepy cute indeed :smiley: just look at the EYEBROWS :heart:

@Smeddley omg now I know how to make stuff that ISN’T fondant, it looks amazing, great job on the whole cake, hope the people at work love it

@roler I’ve only tried rice krispy treats once, loved them, but never imagined dried fruit could be added! Lovely monsters, I’m sure they are delicious. And the COSTUME!!! OH MY how fun, throwing together something can be the most fun costume ever :smiley: Great job

4 Likes