CLOSED - Nerd Games - Winter 2024

I have used calendars with one-way-up images before (both scenery and people). It can work, but they can end up kind of awkward too.

2 Likes

I feel like I got so busy last season that I didn’t have time to make posts here. Hopefully, I will remedy that this season!

Here is how I display the pins I previously received in the Nerd Games:

I hope to add more at the end of this season!

I made the wall hanging last year and shortly after receiving my pins, I found it was a great spot for displaying them.

7 Likes

Thats an awesome way to display them!

3 Likes

Prompt: January - Battle - Tortoise
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: pink tortoise
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this using embroidery floss and a 2.25mm hook. It took way longer than it would have using regular weight yarn. She’s about 3 inches long
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

She’s magnificent! I want to put her in my pocket and show her the world!

2 Likes

Prompt: January -astrologer
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Emoji Love- a family ATC
Project Link: Emoji Love- a family ATC
Brief Description: At 2.5 x 3.5 inches, ATCs are small pieces of art.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I love that little turtle @storerboughtcreation!

@Bunny1kenobi, I really like the highlights that you added to the eye and the heart. Cute card!

4 Likes

Prompt: Big Time 1
Project Name: Floral Cat Purse
Project Link: Floral Cat Purse
Brief Description: This was almost a research project. It was just a few hours shy. I haven’t sewn a purse in so long!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Battle - January - Hare
Project Name: Bowl Cozies for Mom & Dad
Project Link: It’s a couple of bowl cozies, so… yeah.
Brief Description: When I first heard about bowl cozies I made a few for myself and my parents, but the pattern wasn’t very good. It was too small to really hold a bowl. After a few tries I found a pattern that I love and use exclusively now. But my parents still had the old ones. Last night I saw my Dad using a washcloth to hold his bowl and remembered I wanted to make them new ones. So, as soon as I got home I whipped up two of them quick as a bunny for them. Hence, Hare.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: The Miser (January)
Project Name: Dino ATC
Project Link: I added this to my ongoing Pick-3 ATCs post, if that counts.
Brief Description: The base for this card is an item I received in a swap probably over a year ago and finally used.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

@AudiobookLover i need a flag like that one. Almost EXACTLY like that one……

@storerboughtcreation the turtle is so little and cute. Love it!

@gozer I love that purse SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Perfection in an accessory and absolutely perfect for you!

3 Likes

Prompt: Battle Hare
Team: knotty by nature
Project Name: Moss Stitch Hat
Brief Description- I crocheted this while my husband was in his chiropractor apt. this stitch works so quickly
picture-

Prompt: Free Range 1
Team: knotty by nature
Project Name: Apple Dutch Baby
Brief Description- An attempt at a new (to me) dessert. It was delicious but I think I should have used a larger pan as it took a very long time to cook and was still quite “wet”
picture-

4 Likes

@megwell - I love the idea of using old calendar pages as envelopes. I have an old Care Bear calendar and a few old sloth calendars that would be really fun to use in this way! Your T-Rex ATC is cute. And the project link definitely counts if you add your projects to it. So don’t forget to link any of those in the future for those bonus points! :smiley:

@gozer - I love bowl cozies. I have four from bunny1kenobi. I bet your parents and neighbors will get a lot of use from those cozies with the current cold spells we’ve been getting across the US. HOLY MOLY, that cat purse is AMAZEBALLS! It looks professionally made. Well done! :hearts:

@AudiobookLover - That pin display is great! It’s so colorful :hearts:

@Bunny1kenobi - How many family ATCs have you made at this point? I love that you are able to recreate all of these fun memories for your loved ones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@ezrib - That hat looks so soft! What yarn did you use for it? It is as silky feeling as it looks? And your apple dutch baby looks delicious. I’ve never tried one, either to make or eat. But it sounds perfect on a cold evening. :drooling_face:

4 Likes

thanks, it is quite nice. the yarn was a gift, but here is the label

4 Likes

@storerboughtcreation i have made 56 family ATCs so far!

6 Likes

Running home to make bowl cozies for your parents, @gozer- you’re such a thoughtful daughter!

3 Likes

T-REX!!! That’s an awesome stamp! Glad you made it into art!

3 Likes

@ezrib how do you people crochet SO FAST!!!?? I’m all thumbs over here….

Dutch babies are delicious! Yours looks really tasty.

4 Likes

Prompt: January - The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Hat for my FIL
Project Link: Fisherman’s hat
Brief Description: I made this for my FIL. For more details and link to the pattern I used, you can find that info in the project link :blush:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

I really like the pattern you used for this.

2 Likes