Night sky watercolour

I was making @Bunny1kenobi a surprise in the Ongoing Wish Swap. When I looked on her Pinterest, I saw a variety of starry night sky pictures, and I thought I’d try out painting something along similar lines in watercolour.

It was a fun process, building up quite a few layers of paint, and then the risky step of splattering white gouache on it at the end! I was pleased with how it turned out, and Bunny1kenobi likes it too, yay!

54 Likes

This is beautiful! I can’t stop admiring it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, beautiful! I’ve been watching this Woolley fellow online & feeling brave about trying some layered watercolour painting. I just adore your dark tree shadows, so lovely.

2 Likes

Beautiful! :blush:

2 Likes

That is really pretty!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! So lovely!

2 Likes

Absolutely perfect.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness this is incredible! I am in complete awe! It’s absolutely perfect. I would give it 100 hearts if I could. LOVE it.

2 Likes

Yes!! I’d give it 100 hearts, too! Can’t wait to get a frame for it and get it hung! Thank you so much @jemimah!!

1 Like

Wow :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s what I said!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Your watercolor skills shine in this piece! Gorgeous work!

1 Like

This is so pretty! What kind of water color paper did you use? Was it already cut round or did you have to do that?

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: That’ gorgeous!

1 Like

So jealous! It’s gorgeous!

1 Like

This is just beautiful.

2 Likes

This is so striking. It makes me look forward to autumn night skies here at my house… and it isn’t even summer yet!

2 Likes

It’s like a pinhole into the starry sky. Stunning.

2 Likes

Wow!! Gorgeous!

2 Likes