(Photos of some of 2021’s ornaments!)
(modifying template from kittykill’s OWS.)
2022 Discussion and Gallery
We will be swapping (1) ornament per claim this swap. Please list at least 5-10 themes for your partner to choose from to create your ornament. Please list your location (USA/Other Country), and your allergies in your post. When you claim, please be mindful of the location you choose and do not claim from someone who has allergies that relate to your home. Other than that, have fun, do your best work, and let’s make ornaments! (Feel free to list other holidays as themes for your list, if you wish.)
Please do not claim until you have been approved and I have given you the go-ahead!
Link to all LC swap info.
LC member who is organizing this swap: Lynx2Lancer
Sign-up date range: September 28 to Oct 31, 2022
Claim date range: Sept 29 to Oct 31, 2022 (some claims made near the end of the month will have a ship by date in the following month)
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after the date of the claim
Limited to a certain number of people? Nope! Bring it on!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Everyone is welcome!
Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:
Has fully read the swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative comments: YES
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
YOU MAY USE PAPERCRAFT RULES AND SEND A FLAT ORNAMENT. YOU MUST RESEND IF IT GOES MISSING.
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
This is an ongoing swap: Claim an ornament from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. I will make the last claim to close out the swap.
You will choose (1) ornament theme from your partner’s list and craft it to the best of your ability.
ABOUT SENDING AND RECEIVING…
- When you send to the person you have claimed, you MUST PM the organizer with the delivery confirmation # or if you are outside the US, you need to either PM the customs number on your receipt from the post office or upload a copy of your post office receipt.
- When you receive a claim, you MUST PM the organizer so she can update the main list.
- We are asking that everyone post once a week in the discussion/gallery board–so that we know you’re still here with us. Obviously, if you join mid month, you would only need to post for the weeks you are in the swap (the last 2 weeks because you weren’t in the swap during the first 2 weeks).
- Feedback will be given once all of your packages have been received.
If all of your claims have been received and you wish you leave the swap prior to the end of the month, please pm me for feedback.
First time swappers can start out by making only one claim. Once it is received, you may make up to 3 unsent claims at one time. Once you have sent and shown proof it was sent, you can claim again. If you have successfully completed at least one swap, you may make up to 3 unsent claims at one time.
If you want to participate, information to send to: Lynx2Lancer
Please title your PMs like so to make them easier for me to follow:
Ongoing Ornament Swap Sign Up— Your Username
Ongoing Ornament Swap Sent—Your Username
Ongoing Ornament Swap Received—Your Username
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Ornament Swap 2022
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
- Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (If not, please read carefully to be sure you do not claim someone outside your country)
- Confirm that are at least 16 years old : (YES/ NO )
- Do you understand you are claiming for only (1) ornament per claim and you must send no more than 2 weeks after you make your claim?
- Do you agree that you will PM the organizer when you send and when you receive, and if sending, PM the delivery confirmation # or a pic of the receipt if you are outside the US?
- Do you understand that you should post once a week in the discussion thread ?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (Lynx2Lancer) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Do not post in this thread until you are ready to make a claim. All discussion needs to be kept in the discussion/gallery thread. Please post at least once a week in the discussion thread.
When you PM the organizer for sending and receiving please include the name of the swap (including the round) and the due date of the claim.
I.E. Sally ----> Suzy for a pink pony saddle due out Jan 1
Please pay close attention to your partners allergies and location. Make sure your own allergy information and your country are prominently displayed in your post.
Do not claim someone while waiting for approval. You may claim once you get approval and I started the claims list below.
Please include your claims status: How many claims you have made in total, how many are in transit and how many have been received by their intended recipients.
You can do it the old way 3/2/1 or this way:
In Transit: 2
Received (the recipient received-not how many you have received): 1
Please keep in mind that DC#'s are required for all US to US claims and receipts are required for all international claims with the following exception: If your ornament is flat, you may choose to send at letter rate. However, if the item does not arrive you will need to resend the claim.
If you have questions, please PM lynx2lancer