"Pairfect" Autumn vanilla socks

F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry

I have finished socks! It just my standard vanilla go-to, the yarn is the star here. Regia Pairfect by Arne & Carlos, in the Fall Night colorway.
Ravelry project page link.

I have 2 little leftover balls of plain black that together make 20g, which is perfect for toes/cuffs on another pair! Win.

28 Likes

Beautiful! They look cozy and comfy and perfect for fall!

1 Like

They look so fancy!

1 Like

SO fancy! Sometimes you just need self patterning yarn.

2 Likes

I’m in love with these!!! It’s like magic to me how yarn turns into a pattern like that.

3 Likes

Those socks look so comfy!

1 Like

Those are awesome! Patterned yarn ftw!

1 Like

Exactly! Like magic, wow.

2 Likes

So gorgeous!

I love these! They look so cozy and perfect for fall. I love wearing socks that make me smile :blush:.

2 Likes

So cozy looking! I love the contrasting black. One of these days I’ll make some socks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are definitely way less complicated than they look.
But they are also a very polarizing project. Seems like people either LOVE or HATE sock knitting. :laughing:

1 Like

Are you a DPN or a Magic Loop knitter? I find DPNs fiddly, but have never tried the magic loop on anything.

1 Like

Oh I love my DPNs, to me magic loop is fiddly!

1 Like

These are amazing!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Autumn Vanilla Socks are one of this week’s featured projects! Way to go!

1 Like

Yay! Thanks for all the love!

Anything yarn is my Kryptonite, so all I can go on is word of mouth, and I heard that socks are hard. These look fantastic. Love the colors you chose.

1 Like

No, no. Socks are not hard. If you have never worked in the round before, you may want to try a hat first, but other than that it’s just knitting and some decreases, and picking up stitches for the heel. There are worsted weight yarn sock patterns, which are great for first time sock knitters. Bigger stitches to see, and they go faster.

Eta: Ravelry links to FREE easy sock patterns.
Rye by TinCanKnits
Easy Peasy Socks for First Timers

Also, The Crazy Sock Lady has lots of free tutorials on YouTube, showing different heel options and different needle options.

1 Like

These are lovely! I thought you did all those color changes…that yarn is magical!

1 Like