Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

@Smmarrt what a fun and creative idea! I really like the hopscotch one :smile:

oh I love doing ICADs. I forgot they start up in June. I’ll have to go check them out.
Yours look great. how do you store them? I’ve been punching a hole in the corner and keeping them on a ring binder.

I love the person I saw who used an old rolodex! How much fun is that?!

@geekgirl - In the past, when I used the 3" x 5", I punched holes and used a binder ring.
But I didn’t like handling them that way. But for now, they are just in a stack, I hope to find a box so I can function like a card file. I can make them all year long.

@JoyfulClover - Yes, I saw that also. Maybe next year…

This was in my email today - 50 art journal prompts.

4 Likes

@geekgirl and I are hosting Paper-Zoom, Saturday, June 20th at 2pm, EST and all y’all are invited! The time should accommodate any International makers, as well as West-Coasters!

We will be watching this video:

A 10 min video generally takes 2 hours, as we pause at intervals to catch up to the video.

Supply List:

• paper
  • paint
  • book pages
  • printed scrapbook paper
  • stamps/stencils
  • pens/markers
  • sentiment

Don’t have these supplies? Make do with what you DO have!

Suggestions:

• paper can be replaced with board from cereal, cracker, or any paper recyclable
  • instead of paint, try watercolors, markers, or colored pencils
  • instead of book pages, use printed recycling, newspaper, or magazines (most gets covered in paint)
  • instead of scrapbook paper, use any image/graphic from a magazine or book (most gets covered in paint)
  • instead of stamps/stencils, try a pencil eraser in paint to make dots. Or bubble wrap, or corrugated cardboard!
  • instead of a printed sentiments, find a quote and practice hand lettering! Or stamped lettering
  • make it truly yours and doodle all the things instead! Maybe some wandering vines. Or a simple repeating motif

Helpful, but not necessary:

• blowdryer
  • paper towels
  • beverage (making is thirsty work)
  • snacks (is this just me?)

Reply here if you are interested, and I will send a PM with the Zoom info (probably on Friday). To make it fun for everyone, if you attend, you must art! (e.g. not just join to chat). Chatting is allowed, of course, but when someone attends without participating, it tends to be distracting to those trying to make, or those trying to talk about the process.

It is helpful to watch the video at least once prior to the Zoom session, to understand the general process and direction, but the art is yours! Feel free to change your piece as inspiration strikes.

I hope y’all attend! See you Saturday!

6 Likes

Oh nice - thanks @Smmarrt!

Yes I want to join!

3 Likes

Omg! Yay!!! I was so nervous nobody would be interested!! Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m in!

3 Likes

I’m interested!

3 Likes

Oh that’s a nice list @Smmarrt - thanks!

1 Like

Yay! I’m so excited peeps are signing up!

1 Like

I’m in!

2 Likes

Not 100% sure what my Saturday schedule will be, but for now I’m free and interested.

2 Likes

I wish I could, but my internet data limits me to say “have fun and can’t wait to hear hoe it goes!”

looks like we will have a fun group for tomorrow. Sorry you won’t be able to join us Lynx2Lancer!

Ha! Thanks for the gentle nudge, gg! I will send the link today! Can’t wait to see y’all!

@Lynx maybe next time!

I wish I could, but our data cap won’t allow me that kind of fun. :disappointed_relieved:

:grin: