Phoenix Crochet Square

I crocheted this for a personal swap with @TheMistressT. She asked for a square that she could turn into a pillow cover to decorate her new sofa, and she likes cool, jewel tones.

The yarn is Rainbow Cotton 8/6 from Hobbii and it comes in sooooo many gorgeous colors. I have to restrain myself every time I order from them because I want them all. The pattern is Phoenix. It’s about 14" square.

28 Likes

It’s so beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you!

So pretty!

1 Like

Interesting color combination! It is eyepoppingly beautiful!!

Love those little stitches in the middle of each side…like an embellished frame!

1 Like

It’s a mandala! So bright and dun.

1 Like

THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING in person, y’all! When asked what I would like in return I asked if “a crocheted square” was too much to ask and what I was expecting was essentially a super sized washcloth. It’s a good thing I was sitting down when I opened the package, because this blew my socks clean off! THANK YOU!!!

6 Likes

Thank you! And, you’re welcome! It was fun to play with all that color, and a new pattern.

1 Like

It looks so pretty! Im always amazed at pattern writers who can turn various shapes into a perfect square!

1 Like

Seriously impressive. Beautiful colour choices to go with those fabulous stitches!

1 Like

Holy BEAUTIFUL! An absolute stunner.

1 Like

Thank you!

Gorgeous! Love the colors!

1 Like

I love this! The colours are amazing, but even more so, all those different stitch details.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful. Such lovely colors too!

1 Like

Thank you, friends!

This is so beautiful and vibrant. Those colors just vibrate with life! I love the stitches in the middle around the outside that create a bit of a “plus” sign. They kind of ground it and focus the whole piece. The yarn looks nice and soft too!

1 Like

This is really pretty! Thanks for putting in a link to the pattern!

1 Like

Thank you!

@Animegirlie, there’s a really active and supportive Facebook group for this pattern designer. Her other patterns are worth checking out, too.

1 Like

:cherry_blossom: Congratulations! :blossom: Your super cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :tulip:

1 Like