Quilt-along 2021

@Edel, you didn’t miss it. The Card Trick is the BOM for April. You’re right on time.

1 Like

Thanks sweetie, my head is a bit fried today.

1 Like

Beautiful colours … I like the random Hello on one piece of fabric :smiley:

1 Like

I am so impressed that there are already 3 BOM entries on the first day of this new month.

1 Like

Hi all! Wow, I can’t believe we have BOMs already! Who am I kidding? Of course we do!

Getting ready to work on the drawing and then post the new prompt/challenge!

wow–all of these are great! I remember making a bunch of these for homerof2…and I imagine they might have been too small because I think I made all of the mistakes!

Thanks for the tips…maybe the one I make for the BOM will come out the size I need!

2 Likes

SURPRISE! @audiobooklover and I decided to draw for TWO winners for our very first LC Quiltalong prize drawing!
Drum roll please!
Our winners are:
@Cindy and @poetrylover828!

@Cindy please contact @lynx2lancer to claim your prize and @poetrylover828 please contact @audiobooklover to claims yours!

Thanks everyone for playing! We have a new quarter starting with new challenges and prompts!

April Prompt: Spring cleaning - finish a ufo or quilt something using at least 50% stash.

Next challenge (small, medium, and large): This quarter’s challenge is all about that project you’ve wanted to do, but haven’t had time for. The challenge is to get it out of your head and into your hands. Take that project you’ve been contemplating, planning out, or just dreaming about and turn it into reality. Whether it’s something you previously started and ended up putting aside, or something that you recently started considering, if you’ve been putting it off, it’s fair game for this challenge!

12 Likes

Congrats to the winners!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Woohoo well done the winners

2 Likes

Great way to end the first quarter! Congrats to the winners. And now diving into the 2nd quarter!

2 Likes

Congrats guys!

2 Likes

Oh gosh I forgot to respond here the other day. But thank you!!

2 Likes

I MistressJennie , offer the scrappy Pinkstravaganza Quilt for April’s prompt.

This scrappy quilt top was sent to me by our very own Edel, about a year ago. We agreed to craft scrappy quilt tops with what we had on hand during the early days in the pandemic. It has been hanging out in my stash since then, waiting to be quilted. I’m so glad to have finished another project, and gotten something out of the pile! More info in the project post.

Meanwhile, I finished the Viking Adventure Baby Quilt a couple weeks ago, and kept forgetting to post it. So here it is! Again, more info in the project post.

9 Likes

love them both. Warm and comfy.

1 Like

I’ve got this one all pinned out, and am ready to quilt it. But I have no idea how I want to quilt it… Free motion squiggles all over? Use the walking foot to outline the star shape? If I go with outlining, should I go right on the line, or beside it? Inside or outside?

What do you guys think?

6 Likes

I would go diagonal in both directions…I don’t do stitch in the seam because I like to see the stitching and I never get all the stitches in the ditch anyway…diagonal would make nice little squares and still keep the star the focus, I think…

@MistressJennie I am in love with that colorful star. I,ve been doing a wavy diagonal, rather free quilting lately. It is easy and adds a nice contrast to a geometrical design.

And for my April prompt, a quilt square using left over fabric and a fabric patch I picked up at a festival years ago. I think it was made using a bleach technique. I must have been kicking this around for at least 10 years.

7 Likes

Nice way to highlight a special fabric!

I love that!!!

1 Like

I’d like some advice on pre-washing fabric.

Whilst I was cutting out some batik fabric for a bed runner, I noticed dye on my fingers.

I figure I’d best pre wash the fabric. Do you use color catchers? How many? Can I wash the small square I’ve already cut out will that ruin them?

Seems like I did too much procrastinating and not enough planning!!

1 Like