Quiltalong - 2022

I have some of that Star Wars comic style fabric. It’s a fave. Love the porgs and x-wing too!

2 Likes

My favourite is the starry night fabric!

2 Likes

That’s the exploding TARDIS Starry Night. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Such a great job! I am mid a few blocks and need to wind a bobbin yet I’m really working working like suppose to be paying attention in meetings lol the struggles as a crafter!

4 Likes

Even better! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I stitched together some crumb squares (originally cut for my economy quilt) into larger squares and made another wonky log cabin. This is what I have for my scrap quilt so far:

11 Likes

Ohh, the crumbs! Be still, my heart. I am in love.

2 Likes

Thanks! They are fun. :smile:

1 Like

Agreed! The crumbs are awesome!

2 Likes

OMG I love it! It reminds me of canvas art where one turns a painting drop cloth covered in years of paint into something else…just fiber/quilt rendition!

3 Likes

I marionberries offer kitten lap quilt for my medium personal finish.

Those little foster kittens have sharp claws and in the winter, fleece is too full of static. My DW asked for a lap quilt and she got one!

8 flannel left over layer cake squares + pieced together padding + a “just the right size” piece of light green denim (I have no idea where that came from) and some black flannel for binding. About 19" x 28". Magic!

12 Likes

Ticker Tape batik MAQ, this was such fun because OOH, those fabrics!

9 Likes

I’m sorry you guys. Between having my left hand pinky in a splint/buddy taped still (fractured in Dec) and time (although we’ve had lots of snow days), I haven’t even had my machine out in ages, so my interest in quilting is pretty minimal atm. @AudiobookLover sure has been doing a great job keeping us going, and I’m impressed with all the projects that have been shared so far!

6 Likes

You can just enjoy the quilting goodness here. Everyone needs to take a break now and then, forced or not. Hope your pinkie is well soon.

5 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:.

@marionberries said it perfectly! I too hope your finger heals soon!

The nice thing about not having interest in one type of craft is that it gives you time to focus on other areas of crafting. You’ve always been prolific in a variety of crafts and it’s fun seeing all the different projects you come up with!

4 Likes

I marionberries submit this as my FEB BOM entry. I was procrastinating finishing another quilt so decided to jump on this one before Valentine’s Day.

This was fun and I loved the detailed instructions for the “swirling the seams’. I used a couple of fabrics from a charm pack so got a bit confused on her instructions, but it was a good reminder of paying attention to how you sew things together. The small squares grid came out a little small, even with scant 1/4”.

9 Likes

Beautiful!!

Lovely!

Very nice. What a fun way to procrastinate!

I have made two lap sized quilt tops out of 2021 BOM’s and extra prompt squares. I just finished sandwiching and machine quilting the first one. Now to trim and bind. I’m just making myself do these before the weather gets nice and I wander away outside. Luckily (or unluckily) I live in New England, long winters.

4 Likes