Quiltalong - 2023

Oooohhhhhh! Favourite!

4 Likes

Mine too!

4 Likes

It’s very motivating to see all your hard work! After nearly 6 months without my supplies or a machine, I’m really starting to miss it. I’ll probably pick up my machine this weekend, I won’t have most of my supplies yet but I hope to have my new desk delivered next week or the week after that. At least I’ll be able to do some repairs that have been piling up.

I’ve also put some nice Christmas fabric in my shopping cart @ Shabby fabrics. I couldn’t resist. Not sure if I’m going to buy it but I might. My last major supply purchase was December 2021, and I don’t have the stash that some of you have. Those Christmas fabrics could make some nice new decoration for our house when it’s done. Realistically, Christmas will probably be the first time we’ll have guests over in a sort-of finished house.

5 Likes

What a wonderful collection.

I am going to make the May BOM as the instructions state and see what size mine comes out to, at the beginning it says it is 12" finished, I take that as 12.5 unfinished. We shall see…

4 Likes

This is so pretty!!

3 Likes

I have just one small strip of flying geese to use up in something and then I’ll be done with them forever!

Or I might make this because oh my gosh it’s gorgeous. I have zero use for it but when’s that ever stopped me? :smile:

5 Likes

Have you guys seen this technique, web piecing, for keeping all the blocks in order. She’s doing a colour wash scrap quilt here and the method is genius. Although it doesn’t look like she presses them after the small block units are made.

2 Likes

That’s lovely and would get your “favourite” blocks used up🤣

1 Like

Sadly, mine are already sewn together. There’s a small strip left that I need to figure out a project for. Love that Tula Pink though, wow.

@edel that is the most beautiful thing ever. So much sewing though, my gosh. I would be at it for years.

Maybe I should start now…

1 Like

Very interesting technique…loved how the quilt top turns out!

1 Like

It would make a great leaders and Enders project

1 Like

Look what just arrived…

10 Likes

Ooh, I can’t wait to see what you make.

1 Like

Fun times ahead

1 Like

Ooh, pretty sure this wordy banner counts for the April applique prompt, better late than never!
It’s a cheaty sort of reverse applique that only works for some letters but I was pretty happy it worked out at all :smile:, I wasn’t sure it would.

I need to watch some quilting videos, I don’t understand how templates work yet. I’m sure it makes things easier, or even possible. I’m such a lazy quilter when it comes to technique & precision.

6 Likes

It’s not laziness…it is your style and you have picked projects that match that! I love the wonky and the scrappy!

2 Likes

Second Quarter Goals List
-Complete a memory quilts for my cousin Jessica, of her son’s clothes.
-Complete a matching memory quilt for Jake’s stepmom.
-Complete 12 blocks with my hand dyed cottons from DGY.
-Complete the DGY quilt.
-Create a block that uses crumb/scrap piecing.
-Create a simple quilt to donate to my husband’s Family Reunion raffle.
-Finish setting up my temporary studio!

6 Likes

I was testing out some block patters. Ended up making this Fancy Star Block. That takes me up to 7 full size finished blocks, and 1 smaller block I’m attempting to make bigger to fit in.

Annoyingly it left me with 4 HST’s, 4 large triangles, and 4 small triangles. Now I’m trying to make them into a useful block….

8 Likes

Star Puzzle. It’s normally made with 3 colors, biUt I was trying to use up leftovers, so mine is more colorful. I made it from a new book, but here’s a tutorial:

And a video:

9 Likes

Really pretty star!

1 Like