Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

Phew, just sent out a package yesterday to ___________, and thinking about claining ________ or ___________ or ___________ or _______ or ________ … well… how do you decide guys? :smiley:

4 Likes

The nuthatch is adorable! I love its plump birb belly and cute pose.

Also, I received my second Secret Santa package! It’s SO cute!!

Isn’t it darling?! That’s Tangela, one of my (many) favorite Pokémon. I like this little one because it reminds me of a cute little hairy eyeball creature I used to draw all over the blackboards when I was in middle school. This cross-stitch is beautifully done, and I’m so excited to add another beloved character to my growing collection of hoopla! Once I finally get a place of my own in Seattle, my walls are gonna be AMAZING XD

Thank you soooooo much, Secret Santa!!! <3

16 Likes

I received from my Secret Santa too!!

We got more potholders! Which is awesome! We went from having barely any to have several! Check out the super cool skullie pattern. I love them!

We also got these adorable magnets! Here they are holding up a drawing of my pandemic puppy.

Thank you so much!

15 Likes

Ah, Tangela looks like a tangled hair “yarn” ball! Hehe

I love how the pot holders are such a soothing blue…then skulls!

3 Likes

So much cuteness all around!

2 Likes

I received from my “not so secret santa” today!
Here’s all of my goodies. I love the bird paper, and I’m sure it’ll end up in my art at some point!

Ignore the cute little bag, it was from the ongoing ornament swap. Scratch that… you can still join us, and see the cute ornie here!

This gorgeous card has now made the rounds among swappers, and will now live with me!

Next was this cool fridge magnet inspired by a pin of a huge piece of wall art. I love this smaller, portable version! I’ll go perfectly in my vintage camper “Ziggy”!

Last but certainly not least is this batch of nature note cards with beautiful hand painted envelopes. I love the masterboard/ hand painted mats, not to mentioned the great photography! These may end up staying at my house! :smiley:

Thank you so much “not-so-secret” Santa!

14 Likes

I love everything, but those envelopes take the cake! So unique and pretty.

3 Likes

Guyyyyyys! I got a secret Santa package! You have to look at this!!

You have to understand that I never got the hang of crochet and I respect and admire this skill. Look at all of this crochet goodness!!! And I love chubby bumblebees! :honeybee: And I neeeed as many gorgeous zipper pouches as possible in my life! And look at that bag! I have so much little stuff that deserve to be toted about in such organized loveliness!

I have been so spoiled! Thank you so much!

17 Likes

What a lovely package of crafty goodness! Your gift tag looks similar to the gift tag on my lovely pot holders and butterfly magnets I recently received. :thinking:

6 Likes

I received my first package today, from “Fancy Pants.” There was a note with it says there was some scheming going on and a 3rd party did the shipping for Fancy Pants…ooh, the intrigue.

Look at the pretty wrapping!

Then, I started opening them, and first package had these amazing ceramic star ornaments! I was ecstatic! I adore ceramics, and of the things on my wishlist, I honestly didn’t think that would be picked. So, for it to not only be picked, but my first package…whoa!!

I was so excited when looking at them, one fell out of my hand to the floor. Luckily it landed softly enough to not be damaged!

Then, I opened one of these intricate bowls. Even more ceramics? Yes, please and thank you!

But, that wasn’t all! I opened another tiny bowl, and another!!

Thank you Secret Santa. I love the entire package. Thank you for your scheming. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for claiming me.

18 Likes

Oh my goodness; those are all gORGEOUS!! I particularly love the top bowl! These are really really special! I’d totally be using them for dipping bowls for nabe (Japanese hotpot). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Holy smokes these are Great! Your secret Santa has an amazing craft. All of those ceramics are beautiful!!!

2 Likes

I received my package today :grin:

Everything was so prettily wrapped

First up, a nature themed dice bag. I play a fair amount of tabletop and my dice collection has been getting kinda cramped in its current home. (For all you tabletop people out there, I’m firmly in the no-matched-sets camp and buy individual dice when they strike my fancy cause 'Ooo, this one’s shiny and purple and I don’t have a purple one yet :rofl:)

I really like the leather tied drawstring. And my collection now has plenty of room to get even bigger :wink:

Second, a space tote bag.

One side has this embroidered constellation and the other has a planet applique (I tried to get a photo of that side but my phone’s camera was not having the combo of black with the shiny applique fabric, maybe tomorrow in the daytime I can try to take another pic).

I’m really looking forward to using my two bags once in-person activities can resume :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Oh my! Those ceramic bowls are soooooooo gorgeous. I adore hand made pottery. I actually just finished watching season 1 of the Great Pottery Throwdown so now I’m even more obsessed. Beautiful, beautiful work, Fancy Pants!

3 Likes

I love that the Secret Santa gifts are starting to trickle in! Those bowls are really pretty, and I’m intrigued by the texture on those crocheted pouches. The space totebag sounds really neat even if it didn’t want to cooperate fully in the photo shoot.

Also, I’m admiring the giftwrapping!

2 Likes

A little birdie (maybe a nuthatch?) told me those pouches are star stitch crochet and there is an excellent and free tutorial here.

2 Likes

A little alien told me that the dice bag is fully reversible, and the planet on the tote is actually a pocket (The constellation is Ursa Major). :rocket: I’m glad you like them!

3 Likes

I’ve been working all week on a rather time consuming claim for __. I finished it tonight and it’s exactly how I pictured in my head. How often does that happen? Not often! Very happy with because when I started I wasn’t sure I could do it and I totally could.

5 Likes

I finished _____; now to just need to ship it to _______!

6 Likes

Today I found a ______ that might work for _________ so I bought it. The tub of __________ I remembered I had wasn’t anything I planned to use originally, but it cracks me up so I had to include it :laughing:

Did I actually finish anything or send any packages today? Maybe? Maybe not?

5 Likes