Sew the decades - 40s

I posted the 20s outfit here - I also did one for the 40s. I bought the best tweed material for the skirt and I bought way too much as typical. The same tweed material by the way makes an appearance is this baby toy and in this hat. I still have some left over.

Finally used one of my coveted glass buttons.

Don’t mind my hair. It was not a good hair day.

15 Likes

Mad skills, lady! And cute to boot.

4 Likes

Big hearts love! Fabulous outfit and you look adorable. I’ve long been a fan of tweed and can imagine your hat and possibly a tweed bag from the remnants. Your choice of button is perfect on the jacket top.

2 Likes

I was just thinking … I adore this era, and a “Sew the Decades” Craftalong would be fun. Clothing, accessories, any sort of crafting from a particular decade. It would be great to see what folks create.

3 Likes

That would be a fabulous idea! I love the idea of opening it up to anything from a specific decade!

1 Like

I’m so glad you included a photo of yourself. The garments look nice on the hangers, but they look FABULOUS on you!

2 Likes

That turned out phenomenal! I can’t do much beyond hemming my pants so you are killing it with the talent :laughing:

2 Likes

Both look great, I love the skirt, simple but classy, and the fabric of the shirt is so pretty

2 Likes