STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

Yes, as @endymion said, the more the merrier! Please do consider joining! :blush: Some more ideas might be Christmas ornaments, fingerless gloves have been popular in the past, hats, baskets, cute amigurumis, string market bags, and other gift type things. I also remember boot toppers being popular in the past.

1 Like

What about tote bags, zip pouches, reusable grocery bags, drawstring bags for reusable gift wrapping, aprons, scarves, knitting/crochet project bag, mug rugs, coasters, purses, TM patches, Christmas ornaments, Christmas stockings, potholders, cool pincushions, dolls, tree skirt, atcs, wall art, bookmarks, cards, sets of inchies, handdrawn stickers, laminated Halloween (or fall etc.) art to hang on door as decoration, halloween art bunting similar to one I made in a prior swap. The one I made was small for an envie swap, but you could make a larger version.

and art quilt would combine both sewing and art!

3 Likes

For those interested, I am planning on offering two custom pet portraits like these:

They will be about 6x6 and I will have to approve the image first.

5 Likes

I would also love a hat, lose fitting, gray would be great but I am not too picky about color. As long as it isn’t super bright.

Would it be helpful for people to post up Wish Lists now so that people can get ideas?

I also @'d some people who were in previous rounds to let them know it is going to happen again. :blush:

@artsycandice
@calluna
@fishstix43
@MissingWillow
@RagingSloth
@susieoregon
@grabacoffee
@Lynx
@JoyfulClover
@plaidpineapple
@saintcady
@tendstowardschaos

6 Likes

I think posting wishlists now could be very helpful if people need some ideas of things to make. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up!

I’ve actually been debating on whether or not to join this round. I want to. My kids start school in a month, I have Halloween costumes for me and Mr. Dealswithchaos on the to-do list, but I’m keeping my own Christmas crafting to a minimum this year.

I do have quite the stash, though, if people are interested in small knit/crochet items. I could do custom dog collars again, too.

3 Likes

I would love to join, but I have a question about tracking. alot of my items would be atcs, would tracking be required for those? I understand tracking is important and required in most cases, I also just can’t justify nearly $5 to ship one with tracking. (or if anyone knows a cheaper way to send with tracking let me know, I haven’t really deep dived into the pricing system in a while)

1 Like

That would be uo to @bluebird to decide since she is hosting.

2 Likes

If your item is a flat paper item and can be mailed as a 1st class letter, then yes you can send it as 1st class letter without tracking as long as you agree if your letter goes missing you will remake, resend or refund the points.

3 Likes

great!!! YAY!

2 Likes

I’m still on the fence and thinking of what I can make but posting so I can get notifications :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I cant do anything with yarn, so i always love scarves and hats. Fingerless mittens are awesome.
I’d love to get some Christmas gifts.

3 Likes

Thank you for tagging me in. I am international swapper, so not allowed to join to this one unfortunately.

1 Like

Sorry about that. If you want to host sn internation only version, i have a spreadsheet you can use to keep track of points!

1 Like

oh, those are some good ideas, and all but the socks are in my wheelhouse – thanks for the suggestions!

also @bluebird , thanks for your suggestions, too!

3 Likes

I should be able to crank out a gray hat or 2 in time for this!
Not sure why I was drawing a blank on what to offer~ maybe the heat is affecting my brain & I cannot imagine it ever being cool enough to wear handknits again, LOL

also, @geekgirl , I am always blown away by the papercrafts you share, so I think things like your positive affirmation cards or paper art you make with masterboards, etc etc would be snapped up! (at least I would definitely be interested :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This has always been one of my favorites. So, I am hoping on joining.

5 Likes

It’s been so long! I am so in!!

5 Likes

Yay! It looks like we are going to have a great group!

2 Likes

First-timer question:
I am making some things I’d like to eventually put in my shop. Am I supposed to wait to reveal these items until my shop officially opens, or would I go ahead and post them to LC as soon as I finish them, as I would normally do?

2 Likes