The Itty Bittiest Micro Moth Guy

Ever since I first created the long ago Rusty the Moth Guy, I’ve been encouraged and inspired to bring to life more and more of his family, like his Bitty Moth Babby family.

Our latest discovery in the Moth family is this Itty Bittiest Micro Moth Guy! He stands mischievously at 1.75" tall! He was inspired by a lot for all things tiny and for all the love I’ve been showered with in our LC community :blue_heart:

His whee little body is a wool wrapped pipe cleaner. His bitty little eyes are iridescent black beads, slightly bigger than seed beads. His antenna are tufts of embroidery floss. And the most beautiful wings, are hand dyed fabric that I bought in the Garage Sale Fundraiser and was created by @Abbeeroad!

It took a couple tries to get his body and armature right, so he was the second attempt. Here’s some progress shots that I hope inspire you to make some tiny things come to life too!

Body 1 and Body 2 prior too felting:

Picking of fabrics for wings (All dyed by @Abbeeroad):

Testing thickness and positioning of wings before tacking down:

LETTUCE CRAFT NOTE: This project was crafted and donated to the Craft Stars Fundraiser! It is available via online auction until Saturday, February 8. For more information, please visit the auction listing. :two_hearts:

26 Likes

Ahhhh babby moth! He is so adorable :heart::butterfly:

2 Likes

That is the cutest tiny moth EVAH!

2 Likes

Wee bitsy baby moth guy…he is super cute!

1 Like

Love him so much!

1 Like

Awww, what a cute little guy he is!!

Thanks for sharing your previous post, went there to give it some LC love too! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

He adds the much needed oddity in the curio cabinet! So cute…thanks for sharing your process…it must be challenging to work on something so small.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for donating him. He is wee bitty and so HUGELY amazing.

2 Likes

So intricately detailed! Sweet!

Utterly adorable. His posture makes him look so animalistic and other, kwim? I am so happy to see that fabric used for wings! And those eyes? Perfect.

2 Likes

I love him!!! Definitely the coolest use my dyed squares have ever seen!

1 Like

He is just the cutest.

He’s just the cutest wee babby! I love how much personality he has, even on such a tiny scale.

1 Like

He’s soo teensy tiny!!! Eeek, I can hardly stand it!

Love, love, love it!

Adorable! I hope you continue to make little creatures like this. They are fantastic!

1 Like

This is SO CUTE!

1 Like