Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I understand the feeling. I’m working on a shawl too and one row seems to take forever.

2 Likes

Feb 3rd thing…I actually finished it around 2 am this morning…I have to clean house today as our property manager is coming over tomorrow…don’t want her to freak out seeing my crafting space! :smile:

10 Likes

I can tell this is going to be a hard thread to keep up with!

@AcadianDriftwood - What a great thrift shop find! But now I’m curious as to why its previous owner would fill a shadow box with beans - I’m sure there’s a story there.

I have my Things from days 1 & 2 to share.

I also cast on for a sock yesterday. I’ll have to spend some time pondering what sort of progress I’ll need to get through in a day on that project to count it as one of my “make a thing” things.

5 Likes

Those bean shadow boxes and jars/bottles used to be a big decorating thing…seemed everyone had jars or bottles filled with beans…
dried%20beans

I know I had jars of lentils, peas, etc. People even made bean art…ha ha

6 Likes

So many amazing projects in just 3 days :smiley: That shadow box is going to be amazing - I have been thinking about doing something similar with the shells and sea glass I pick up.

Just a quick little craft today, prepping for some twinchies I am making. Some washi tape hearts and leaves

7 Likes

Turned lino prints from Friday into samples today.

To save reposting everything here’s the link to the post on the 50 things craftalong.

4 Likes

This thread is amazing! I had hoped to join in, at least a little, but school has gone back and summer activities on the weekend has started so I don’t have a lot if time atm.

I have given a lot of :heart:, there are so many amazing projects I haven’t been able to keep up with comments!

3 Likes

My thing for today is making several collages of 4th grade art work that I printed on fabric to make into a tote bag for our art auction at the end of the school year. Last year I made 6th grade art into a mini quilt.

10 Likes

Today’s make is a WIP, a crocheted dishcloth.

6 Likes

Day 3/29 … today I put binding on my Sewing Tree wall quilt so all it needs now are a few buttons added.

2 Likes

Thing of the day; a pair of dishcloths made from stash yarn while I was sitting around the car dealership today, waiting for them to do routine maintenance, and watching whatever was on HGTV.

6 Likes

Today I added some metallic gold elements to this masterboard in progress and decided it was done.

I cut it down, probably for bookmarks for the craftalong for good, and added a bit more gold to fill in some blank spaces.

7 Likes

Another WiP here:

6 Likes

@megwell such pretty colors…and the gold does add a nice sparkle

@antbee first of all, I absolutely love the bowl your cream yarn is in…can’t wait to see this finished…all those little balls of yarn must be tough to track…someday I will try this…painting with a crochet hook!

1 Like

Oh wow everyone is making really awesome stuff! I am almost done with my shawl but I just needed to put my hook down. I get almost bored after awhile of crocheting (bored isn’t the right word but it’s as close as I can think). So hopefully tomorrow I can get it finished and post a picture!!!

3 Likes

That looks awesome!

1 Like

I made 2019’s card ornament today. Now to take pics of previous years for a main post!

6 Likes

So here’s what I’ve done so far:
On 02/01 I pulled out all of my fabric stash and started decluttering and organizing.
From this:

To this:

So far I only went through my knit fabrics so there’s still a long way to go.

On 02/02 I painted an assembled two IKEA chairs for my daughters new room:

On 02/03 I finished the flooring in our attic that we are currently converting into an office and guest room.

Today I’m tackling the woven fabrics.

6 Likes

I did not craft yesterday. I wasn’t feeling well. I got a bad reaction from something I ate. Definitely time for another round of FODMAP dieting to find out what’s causing me issues besides lactose and whey (it’s probably garlic but I am in denial).

This evening I plan on making a bunch of gelli prints.

@AIMR - that lace heart is beautiful

@Trillian - your doll dresses are so cute.

@seeuudee - can’t wait to see your finished twinchies

@GMPNQ - watching your process is so interesting. Looking forward to seeing the finished results.

That is such an awesome idea making collages out of the 4th grade art.

@Bajita - your stitching is very nice. is this half double, chain, half double pattern?

@MisstressJennie - I like those colors and I like the X shape in the middle. Did you do these from the middle out?

@megwell - ooo I like your masterboard and the squares. they look cool cut down for bookmarks.

@AntBee - your yarn is so soft looking.

@AcadianDriftwood - cool ornaments!

@Silky_Bee - what a difference!

4 Likes

Ok, let’s see… I am off to a bad start, as the weekend was kind crafting rest days, but yesterday I made bread (of which there are about two pieces left), crocheted another row of my krampus hat, & finished my Sekrit Projekt & got my husband to scan it. On to today!

2 Likes