Tips and Tricks for New Users

Welcome!

Maybe I’m just slow to see this because I’ve been commenting more than posting, but I just discovered that if you start a post or reply on one computer (say your desktop) and then open LC on another device your post-in-progress will be waiting there for you! This means I can type on a proper keyboard and then open it on my phone to add photos.

I’m very thrilled by this!

23 Likes

That is very cool. And good to know.

3 Likes

How do you get “Licensed”? Sounds very cool. Can I use it to get to all craft and fabric stores by teleportation? Now I need that! Does it mean I can deduct craft supplies from my taxes? Do I get a certificate to post on that one tiny space left on my walls?

2 Likes

Oh and do I get to add initials after my name? And charge more for my free donations? You know, like a 20% markup on the cost like 1.2 x $0.00?

1 Like

This is probably my favorite new techy thing about the site. No more e-mailing photos to myself! Thanks for sharing the discovery, @Wulf.

3 Likes

Yessss! Love that.

1 Like

How do I get back to the view where all the categories with their beautiful avatars are on the left and latest activity is on the right?

I used to be able to click on the LC and be back to that page. Now I can’t find it because that header seems to have disappeared completely. (I don’t do well with unexpected change).

Hi Harlan,

This new layout is just for April Fools. It should revert back to the old layout within a few days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all, where did the “NEW” button go? it’s usually on the front page, and I can see what categories have been posted since I last checked? I do still have a count of “UNREAD”. (Since “NEW” was there last night, I don’t think it was part of April Fools?)

@sweets4ever will flip the switch back today. She is getting rid of the pests that took over yesterday. She is in West coast time do it might be a little bit longer till things are back to normal.

1 Like

Oh, it’s back! Thank you, kittykill!

:frowning_face:

21 posts were split to a new topic: Sewing or Fabric Tag?

thanks for the information very helpful, glad i finally got the email to work on here, btw Carol from Texas back at last
well and wonderment

11 Likes

Welcome Carol! Glad you are here with us!

1 Like

Welcome Carol!

1 Like

Welcome! Glad you are here. I can’t wait to see the goodies you craft up!

1 Like

Welcome Carol! Can’t wait to see what you are crafting!

2 Likes

Hi, Carol! Glad you’re here!!

1 Like