Victor Frog

I have been working on this little froggie for AGES and I finally finished him last night!!

Meet Victor Frog!

He’s from the awesome pattern book “Animal Friends of Pica Pau.” Up until now, the only amigurumi I’d ever made was Cheetoh the Garden Eel, who was, shall we say, a bit simpler than this one.

There were lots of different things to learn for this project: everything from connecting the two eye lumps to the jacquard pattern for Victor’s undies (see below). Fortunately, several Skype sessions with @storerboughtcreation and @QueenHobo really helped me figure this out! They also taught me how to read the pattern in the first place.

Anyway, this took weeks and weeks, including being put on hold for quite a while as I worked on other swaps and stuff, but he’s finally done! He’s super lumpy and asymmetrical and his eyes are totally different sizes and I love every bit of him!! XD

He also has removable shorts:

31 Likes

Eee! Shorts under the shorts!! :heart: And can we all come visit you and go kayaking? Your photos always look sooo inviting.

1 Like

Ugh he’s so cute! Sometimes good things take more time to produce then we would like but when this is the result - the effort is worth it. Love that his littLe shorts come off.

2 Likes

So adorable. His little undies :heart_eyes:!

2 Likes

So cute!!

2 Likes

Adorable! :frog:

2 Likes

the removable bloomers totally made him! So cute!

2 Likes

Oh gosh, I love him and his stripey shorts!

2 Likes

As a fellow frog, I 100% approve! You’re branching out in all kinds of ways lately and I love it! Victor looks great and the shorts are cracking. me. up!!!

2 Likes

The flippers are perfect lol :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ohmygsoh! Adorable!

I also love that he’s posing in the nasturtiums…some of my favourite flowers :wink:

3 Likes

He’s amazing! You did such a good job!

2 Likes

He is soooo cute. He just keeps popping up on my Pinterest feed and every single time I see him, I squeal becuase he’s just so adorable. I love that he’s lumpy and asymmetrical! That makes him special and even cuter.

3 Likes

I thought I loved him and then I saw him in his skivvies and knew I did. :heart: He is the cutest thing I have seen in a while. I love the shorts. Too cute and amazing job. I love the asymmetrical eyes too. This kid has a story and personality!

3 Likes

The shorts and the underwear! Love it!

1 Like

He turned out great! The underwear :laughing:

1 Like

Well done! I like his little expression. Are you going to make more clothes for him? I think it would be fun to dress him up.

1 Like

I just ordered this book this past weekend. I can’t wait to make my very own Victor plus some other cute critters from the book! Now I just need to go get some yarn in the proper colors. I’m going to go to the craft store on my lunch today to get some! Thanks so much for the inspiration. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have fun! There are sooo many animals in there that I want to make! XD

Super cute little friend!

1 Like