Weekend ATC Blitz Challenge #4!

:smiley_cat: :two_hearts: :writing_hand: :woman_genie: :unicorn: :cherry_blossom: :honeybee: :earth_asia: :rocket: :waning_crescent_moon: :rainbow: :8ball: :crayon: :old_key: :paintbrush: :camera: :scissors: :crown: :art: :framed_picture: :performing_arts: :lollipop: :mushroom:
We might be staying in and socially isolating but that shouldnโ€™t stop us from being creative! This will be a fun 3 day challenge to create a pile of ATCโ€™s and share the visual bounty with each other. We will be doing a challenge every weekend until the end of April!

The Rules

-ATCโ€™s must be original and official size 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
-ATCโ€™s must not have been posted before
-All ATCโ€™s that you create for this challenge must be posted in this thread (post them as you make them!)
-To be eligible for the prize you must create at least one ATC in each of the 6 themes and more is obviously better! Because we will have 6 Blitzs in all, any previous winners will not be included in the random draw-spreading the collage :heart: around!

This challenge will start Friday April 17 at noon MST and end on Sunday, April 19 at midnight MST

There will be 6 themes posted today, once you make your ATC(s) post in this thread, please note you can catch up on themes at anytime before the Blitz ends. All mediums are welcome!

A random draw from all artists who have posted at least one ATC in each of the 6 themes will be made each Monday night for a letter size envelope of collage goodies! Due to circumstances I will try and mail when I can, winners might have to wait a bit if my post office closes
Artists who have made a separate post of their 6/6 (or more) ATCโ€™s with an ATC tag and ATC Blitz #4 in the title by drawtime Monday night will get an extra entry!

Please keep track of completed themes when you post by putting this at the top of each ATC you post:
Themes 1/6 -when youโ€™ve completed one of the themes
Themes 2/6 -when youโ€™ve completed two of the themes and so on
**note that this is not the theme number but IS the number of ATCs you have finished and posted. I will look at the end of the weekend for all 6/6 posts for the draw and will not be keeping track in any other way, thanks :slight_smile:

Themes

1. Fairy tales
  2. Put a Bird on it!
  3. Vices
  4. Zodiac/Horoscopes
  5. Relax (what is relaxing for you right now?)
  6. Sew Awesome! Include stitching in some way :slight_smile:
7 Likes

ATC Blitz is back!!

2 Likes

Thank you! Woohoo!

1 Like

Yay! I am IN!!

It is just past six am on Saturday here and I have been lettucing, drinking coffee, and waiting for prompts LOL!

4 Likes

Awesome themes! TGIF!!
Thank you for doing this again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It took me awhile to figure out it was Friday this morning haha

2 Likes

Ok if someone can explain in basic terms what an ATC is, Iโ€™m in!!!

1 Like

Iโ€™m up for that challenge! An ATC (Artist Trading Card) is basically a 3.5" by 2.5" card-like the size of regular playing cards or hockey/baseball cards. You can use any sturdy paper for a base-watercolour, bristal board, poster board, cardboard (cereal boxes work great) even playing cards (though their shiny surface might have to be sanded a bit)
-you can cut the cards individually and work on them or you can do the #masterboard technique
-you can draw, paint, collage or do all of those things. You can add words cut out of magazines and old books. Creativity!!
-Generally they are made to be traded but for our low pressure weekend blitz we are just making and posting them on the thread.
There are tons of youtube videos out there detailing different methods of making ATCโ€™s or you can check out the ones here on Lettucecraft #atc

3 Likes

I am in! Iโ€™m a bit distracted by a sick family member (not the virus) so this will help to take my mind off of it. I really like the themes! I havenโ€™t made my masterboard, yet, but Iโ€™ll do that today, while I think about what I want to make for each themeโ€ฆ

3 Likes

Sounds like fun time! I have a TON of paper craft supplies so Iโ€™m sure I can use some of the stickers, ribbons and what nots from there! I think Iโ€™ll give it a try! Not like I go any where these days! LOL

1 Like

1/6 fairy tales

Thank you for organising @alteredmommy, I was sad I missed the last one. Iโ€™m having a very happy morning with paint and pens and scissors!

9 Likes

@geekgirl check it out - all the prompts posted at once! PUT A BIRD ON IT, YO!!

Great gingerbread house, @jemimah! And youโ€™ve already put a bird on it - two in one!. :wink:

1 Like

2/6 put a bird on it!

9 Likes

Hooray! Iโ€™ve been looking forward to this. Great job already, @jemimah.

1 Like

Loving these so far! Iโ€™m gonna play this time too!! Yaaaay!

1 Like

1/6, Relax. Iโ€™ve been doing a lot of comfort watching of my old standbys. Last night was the band reunion/watchalong for one of my favorite movies, That Thing You Do, and it was exactly what I needed. I created this ATC in tribute while watching it. Wonder of wonders, I found a magazine page with close to all the right colors for the blocks.

2/6, Zodiac. I donโ€™t have a story for this one :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh! I havenโ€™t seen that movie in ages!

Ok so Iโ€™ve never made an ATC before. So I thought about what relaxes me right now. I thought about my favorite things. I love jellyfish and plan on one as my next tattoo. I put the stop sign on to remind myself to stop and relax.

7 Likes

This is a perfect atc!