Christmas Wall Quilt & Table Mat

I made a few fun quilted Christmas decorations this year. I started some Christmas placemats for our dining table, then saw this free pattern on Jordan Fabric’s website. It called for 2" squares, and made a 17" quilt. But I normally cut my scrap fabric into 2.5" squares already, so I made mine with those, and it came out a bit bigger. I loved getting to use up some scraps, and an excuse to pick up a few small cuts of Christmas fabrics too.

While it didn’t get hung up this year, because I only finished it earlier this week, in future it will go in our entry way each year. I also was stash busting thread on this project, and picked a soft green to quilt it with. It blended in nicely with the tree, and gave a subtle, but not glaring contrast with the cream backgrounds.

Meanwhile, the Quiltalong called for this block as our December Block of the Month. It was sized to be 9", and all the other blocks I’ve made for the BOM project have been 12". So I decided to just make this one completely different, and use it as a Christmas piece too. It’s currently on our coffee table, holding a pretty candle. I’m all about Christmas decor that doesn’t take time to put up! Just drop it on the table and be done!

16 Likes

Great prints all together! And I love a decorating tradition like these are planned for. “And every year mama put this in that place.”

5 Likes

I love these. The red with snowflakes in those thin outlines is my favorite part, but I love them in total. I also love that they have a spot (and one that is not hard! Table, mat, done.) That’s perfection right there!

3 Likes

I was going to mention the red fabric with the snowflakes also. It really pops against the greens and creams.

3 Likes

Beautiful! It’s such a simple pattern, but the end result is stunning. It all goes together perfectly.

1 Like

Super profesh job, these will be so perfect in your cozy home :heart:

2 Likes

Love these so much

2 Likes

So festive! Love that tree!

1 Like

These both came out really well. That candle mat looks so elegant with your fabric choices!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love how everything coordinates so perfectly.

1 Like

Oh that is just gorgeous!!!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Christmas Wall Quilt and Table Mat is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

Your lines are so exact and amazing. I am in awe. These are gorgeous!!!
PS. Love the metallic fabrics too.

2 Likes