CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

@MistressJennie - loving the house colour baubles

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - Chapter 2
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: I created new pages in my crafting journal to organise my projects for the term.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge - September - Jelly Slugs
Project Name & Page Link: Halloween Treat Bags
Brief Description: I made about 40 paper bags for Halloween treats using pages from an old Russian book and stickers I’ve had for ages. I have no idea if we’re actually getting trick-or-treaters this year but I love how they turned out.

4 Likes

I love those socks!!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link:Starbucks cake
Brief Description: I’ve got a step son who was a little sad because he could only have a small birthday party now during the pandemic, so I made these awesome cakes for him and the small group of friends.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link:Dragon ball jelly balls
Brief Description: When making these jelly balls I used black ice cube trays, so it was impossible to know exactly the result before I opened the form.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress challenge October
Project Name & Page Link: Naruto weapon cookies
Brief Description: I made these sweet cookies to share with my step son and his friends :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef October
Project Name & Page Link:Persimmon cookies
Brief Description: Persimmon/Kaki fruit is in season in October, but quite late :stuck_out_tongue: at least we’ve got it now and I was able to make these sweet cookies.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention : Stash 1
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkin Bread (recipe not online)
Brief Description: I tried out a couple Autumn baking pans that we received for it wedding. So cute! I had all the fixings for this recipe on hand, and I like to make them for Samhain. Recipe shared below, it’s from my middle school home ec class, not from any publication I know of.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Full Moon Coaster
Brief Description: Werewolves are changed by the full moon, so I’d better beware. Hehehe… I made this coaster for my bedside table. My bedroom is all dark navy and beige and cream, with lots of artwork of the moon and constellation.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Lemon-honey mixture
Brief Description: This home remedy is my favorite for sore throats (allergy or otherwise) or when I just feel a little under the weather. I like to add a spoonful to tea. Very simple: layer honey (bonus if it’s local), lemon slices, thyme and cut ginger.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Dinosaur Bones Cookies
Brief Description: Baking is much simpler in the wizarding world, just task a house elf with the chore! We pulled out some cookie cutters and stamps to create these lovely fossil gingerbread cookies.
Project Picture:

(recipe here)

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Gold & White Broom Embroidery
Brief Description: This friend requested her embroidery to be unfinished, so she could sew it into something. Hence no hoop. It contains metallic gold and white embroidery thread.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Yellow & Silver Broom Embroidery
Brief Description: This hoop was sent to a Hufflepuff friend. I wanted it to be a subtle nod to the HP universe, so I did bright golden yellow for the swirl, and silver on the broom & moon.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 2
Project Name & Page Link: Good Witches Garden Candles
Brief Description: I made a mess of my kitchen for a good week, making batch after batch of candles! This set is Good Witches Garden, scented with basil, sage & mint, and has lavender buds, rose petals, and calendula petals.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Witches Brew Candles
Brief Description: Everything witchy makes me smile. These Witches Brew candles were just a joy to make, and every time I see the one I’m keeping for myself in my studio, I smile again. They are scented with Witches Brew fragrance oil (cinnamon, patchouli, vetiver, amber, balsam & cedarwood), and embedded with amethyst stones, rose quartz stones, quartz crystals points, and rose petals. Some were made in purple pint Ball jars, a recycled candle jar, and some in Oui yogurt jars.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Red & Golden Brown Broom Embroidery
Brief Description: This Gryffindor inspired hoop contains deep red and golden brown embroidery thread.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Cauldron Fire Candles
Brief Description: My Cauldron Fire candles are grey in color, and embedded with lavender, quartz crystal points, and rose quartz.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Nightshade Candles
Brief Description: Muggles have been making candles for ages. I decided to have a go at making some myself. These are scented with tomato leaf fragrance oil, and decorated with quartz crystal points, carnelian stones, sprinkled with calendula, rose petals, and dried lemon peel.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

A new Headmistress prompt has been posted!

1 Like

Class: COMC
Project Name: Digital Fruit Art
Project Description: I can’t think of a better way to save a tree than by using a digital platform to make some art. No trees were harmed in the making of this fruit.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Halloween tattoo designs
Project Description: I made this tattoo flash sheet of five Halloween designs. I think the lollipop is my favorite.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

That embroidery is gorgeous!

1 Like

@MistressJennie I love that embroidery!! And those candles are swoon worthy.
@ErinAquaheart your Flash designs are perfect for the season and your photo realistic fruits look delightful.

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club: Chapter 2
Project Name & Page Link: BUJO Character Sheet
Brief Description: We had Session 0 for our newest campaign this evening and I spent a good chunk of it designing this spread for my bujo to keep track of my character stats until we level up.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Relaxing on a Sunny Day
Project Description: Teddy Cuddlestuff is relaxing under a tree on a very sunny day. Looking on are the Golden Hind and the Wise old Bunnycorn. So I have both the sun and some golden horns.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

That broom embroidery is magical and fabulous!! I love it.

It’s November! I can’t believe it! Here’s the new Iron Chef Challenge!

November Secret Ingredient: Horseradish!
Spice up November with honey horseradish chicken and asparagus, quick refrigerator horseradish pickles , or bring some horseradish deviled eggs to Thanksgiving!

2 Likes

I was going to make pumpkin custard today. Maybe I should sneak some horseradish in there. :smiling_imp:

Seriously, though, I’m excited to use horseradish in a non-dessert food, LOL!

1 Like

A new book club prompt has been posted!

OK! Now that Halloween is over, I can hand in some overdue assignments!

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Little Bunny Needle Book
Brief Description: Not only does this little book have pockets inside and places to stash needles, I made it for a fellow LC-er in the pincushion/needleminder swap!
Project Picture:

Class: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Saxophone Mask
Brief Description: I modified Magpie’s darted front mask pattern to come up with something my son can use in band. He plays the saxophone and was told he needed a mask that allows him to insert the end of the instrument into his mouth, but his mouth and nose will remain covered. Challenge accepted! The end result is a mask that overlaps in the middle, but almost hinges open to allow something through. Almost like the jaws of a wolf, no? :wink:
Project Picture:

Class: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Stuffed Porg Pin/Hipster Leia Costume
Brief Description: Well, this certainly makes me smile. :smile: Porg tutorial taken from this video (porg comes in at about 3 minutes). Hipster Leia inspiration came from this site. Full shirt says, “I’m from Alderaan you’ve probably never heard of it.”
Project Picture:

Class: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Owlette Costume
Brief Description: Lots of Red here! Mask Pattern/inspiration - I think I actually ended up using this and another one blended together to get the size I needed. PJ base was purchased from primary.com. Owletee symbol and wing details were pilfered from the Internet and cut on pink HTV with my Cricut. The backing for the wings was an old red t-shirt I had in my stash.
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Catboy Costume
Brief Description: My muggle Cricut machine really came in handy for this project! Stripes for the costume were taken from this awesome resource. Thank goodness for crafty folks who share on the Web! I took her PDF patterns and extracted the bits I wanted to turn them into cut files then ironed them on in the appropriate locations. Catboy mask pattern came from here. The tail pattern came from here.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - November
Project Name & Page Link: Green Tomato Salsa Verde
Brief Description: I’m grateful every day for my husband. He’s my best friend, and the most restful person I’ve ever been around. There are no demands when we are together, just the satisfaction of each of us being allowed to do what we’re interested in, and supporting the other in their pursuits. I know some people are getting grumpy being locked up with their partners for so long during quarantine, but I can’t think of anyone I’d rather be cooped up in a house with. So when I harvested the last of the jalapenos from my mini garden yesterday, I decided to make him some salsa. I already did a traditional red tomato salsa earlier this season, so I explored the big Ball book to find something a little different.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 3
Project Name & Page Link: Melt & Pour Crystal Soaps
Brief Description: While I haven’t ventured into cold process yet, I am extremely comfortable making melt and pour soaps. So I recently made 6 batches of Crystal Soaps for my witchy swap partners. Each batch made 8 soaps, plus a few of what I’m calling my scrappy soaps, of mixed scents. The purple & burgundy are Lychee Red Tea, the blue are Rosewood, the green are Bay Rum, the yellow are Citrus & Rosemary, and the pink are Crisp Apple Rose. I forgot to get a pic before sending most of them off, so this is what’s left!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
Brief Description: These peanut butter Cheerio bars have just 5 ingredients. Butter, peanut butter, marshmallows, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios, and mini chocolate chips. I used to make them semi-regularly, but hadn’t made them in years. Then yesterday I got a craving and decided to indulge myself to relieve election stress. My husband had already broken into them by the time I got to take a picture.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Fried Green Tomatoes
Brief Description: I’m always paranoid about not having enough of an ingredient for a canning recipe, so I tend to over-buy. The same happened with the green tomatoes I bought for the Salsa Verde I posted yesterday. I had 2 leftover, so I decided to treat us to some fried green tomatoes yesterday. They were AMAZING. The mixture of cornmeal & breadcrumbs make this recipe.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Spell Bottles
Brief Description: These little spell bottles were the final component of my witchy swap items. Each one was unique to the recipient. One for Love & Friendship, one for Peace & Prosperity, and one for Health & Wellbeing. They were sent to dear friends I cannot travel to be with right now, by I consider as close as the Marauders were.
Project Picture:

2 Likes