CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2022

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

3 Likes

Prompt Big Time
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: bunch of Monster High wigs
Project Link: I will post these when I finish the dolls. Right now, it’s just the wigs.
Brief Description: I learned how to make the wigs and decided to go back and rework some of the CAM (create a monster) dolls they released. They were neat, except for their hair. Most of the wigs were horrible. I made a pink wig, dark blue with bangs, and a black and green short wig.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Almost done…
Prompt: Rubber Duckie (January)
Project Name: Magic wand ATC
Project Link: January Swap ATCs + One for Me
Brief Description: Made for Lynx2Lancer in the January ATC Swap. The spray from the magic wand is floating.
Project Photo:
20220110_164019

Prompt: Bubbles (January)
Project Name: Affirmation ATC
Brief Description: Also for L2L in that swap. The circles on the masterboard (by Smmarrt) are like bubbles.
Project Photo:
20220110_164112

Prompt: Reading in the Tub (January)
Project Name: Phryne Fisher ATC 1
Brief Description: Made for pioneer9 in the January ATC Swap. I was happy with the figure but decided it needed something else, so I attempted what felt like a risky art deco-y border.
Project Photo:
20220128_214623

Prompt: Margarine (March Battle)
Project Name: Phryne Fisher ATC 2
Brief Description: I decided I needed a Phryne ATC for my own TV Sleuths ATC collection, so I made another one. Like margarine, this re-creation pales somewhat in comparison to the original.
Project Photo:
20220329_190602

Prompt: Free Range 2
Project Name: Flaunt Your Story art journal spread
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I was harvesting words from a magazine, and this sentiment just sort of materialized, so I did a spread.
Project Photo:

7 Likes

Just kidding! Found one more I hadn’t posted.
Prompt: Free Range 3
Project Name: Art journal Zoom page
Brief Description: I made this during a Zoom with folks in the Art Journaling Craftalong
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: March - Sugar Cookie
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Neon drawing
Brief Description: I saw some drawings of neon signs that looked very neat and got me intrigued to try it. It was super simple (just a couple of paint markers and a colored pencil). On future attempts, I need a steadier hand and more opaque colored pencils to get the “glow” right.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March - Iced Cookie
Project Name: Lego signs
Brief Description: I love Lego. I picked up couple of the new Dots signs. I designed the layouts myself. It was actually quite time consuming getting the spacing right and trial-and-erroring the layouts. I wouldn’t normally post Lego, but I really like how they turned out, and since I made up the designs myself, I thought it would be okay. Let me know if it’s not!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@gozer Those necklaces are so pretty! What a cool idea to use her artwork. Beautiful ATCs, as usual! Excellent wigs, too! They really look great and give the dolls great personality.

@megwell I love the cards, ATCs, and all of your journal pages! So pretty! I really want to get back into junk/art journaling. I’m holding yours as inspiration to get motivated!

@roler Yum on those pork buns! That hat is great, and such fun TM patches! The masterboard projects and ATC turned out great, too!

2 Likes

@LovelyMiss - the neon sign is fantastic! I am going to have to look for a tutorial. It looks fun.

2 Likes

wow, that neon sign is especially cool!

1 Like

Prompt: March - Oatmeal Cranberry
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Robin in an Egg
Project Link:
Brief Description: This is in a swap package that won’t arrive 'til Saturday, but I’m squeezing it in here before the end of the month! It’s for the Easter egg swap, so I’m showing it here in the egg! It is brown and red and full of fiber. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Aaaaand one more project will I THINK make me eligible for the generous LovelyMiss’s contest! <3

Prompt: Free Range
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Surprise in an Egg
Project Link:
Brief Description: Also for the Easter egg swap. How appropriate for free range, since it’s in an egg!
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for another fun season! The final tracking update for this season is up in the discussion thread. And the spring season is set up and ready to go! @Smeddley will have prompts posted this evening. See you there!

2 Likes

What a fantastic thing to do! I became a fan of One Direction after several of my students were such fans that I had to give them a listen. I would have loved to have received a heart and participated in that event. So cool that you got to film it from the back!

1 Like

I love Phryne Fisher! You did a fantastic job getting her essence down on your ATCs.

1 Like

And, I know this season is closed, but these didn’t arrive until today, and I didn’t have time to post them blurred. And, since I made them during this round, I can’t use them for next round.

Prompt: February-Sudoku
Project Name: Fiddlehead TM Patch

Project Link:(Fiddlehead TM Patch)

Brief Description: I made this for my partner marionberries in the latest round of the TM Patch Swap. She requested patches that were 3" square!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March- Iced Cookie
Project Name: Radiate Joy TM Patch
Project Link: (Radiate Joy TM Patch)

Brief Description: This is the second patch I made for the swap. I used multiple colors (I cheated and added an 8th color to my rainbow to make it easier to divide the patch into 8 sections instead of 7).

Project Photo(s):

I was going to post these together as a Big Time project (1 of the 3 I needed) because the Radiate Joy patch took me just under 5 hours, so together, I met the Big Time qualifications.

1 Like

You can post this season! There’s a special note in the group rules about swaps :blush:

1 Like

This is the note I’m referring to. So post away in the spring thread!

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks!

2 Likes

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here