Felt wedding bouquet, brooches and hairslides

Hi you crafty bunch!

Having taken a bunch of pictures of all the stuff I made for my wedding (3 1/2 years ago now!) I’ve never actually got around to posting them online, so this is the first of my wedding craft posts!!

So the easy part was picking my wedding colours, turquoise and purple, my favourite colours and I think a lovely combination handily!

Finding felt the right thickness and making a gazillion flowers by hand, not so easy, but at least I could make them easily in front of the tv, or on the move :grin:

I used a mixture of different felt types in the end so that I could get as many different purple, blue and grey colour varieties as possible. I also used beads and buttons on some of the flowers, and attached them to floral wires which I padded and covered with ribbon for the hand hold.

We had 2 wedding ceremonies, the legal ceremony with our immediate family, and a big Steampunk party the next day, which everyone thought was for my birthday, but SURPRISE it was actually a wedding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :kissing_heart:

As well as the beads I used little cogs and gears to steampunk them up. These were for my guests to wear and keep, along with a bunch of other Steampunk goggles, necklaces, pocket watches etc that I ordered in.

The surprise was great btw, there were some [happy guest] tears, there was a little rain, there was a dog fight (literal!), there was a poker game, but it was a fantastic couple of days!

Hope you like them!! :sunglasses:
Loops xx

33 Likes

This is so beautiful! What an eye popping focal piece for your ceremony. And genius that it became favors! Amazing!

3 Likes

Wow this must have taken a long time - so beautiful and unique!! And you don’t have to worry about dying flowers going to waste.

3 Likes

Good grief! I wish I were at your wedding! Those are gorgeous and so nicely made!

How thoughtful of you to turn your wedding for a surprise for the guests! Congrats and thanks for sharing this…

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! How wonderful!

3 Likes

This is so fantastic! I love your bouquet, lovely color combo!

And how awesome to have the steampunk accessories! I hope they were indeed worn with “verve and panache”!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

This is SO awesome! I have a friend who was planning something similar for her bouquet but she moved away before getting married, so I was never able to see it. Even the same colors… hey, you are not a sleep tech, are you…? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Your bouquet is fabulous, and the steampunk party wedding sounds like it must have been so cool!

3 Likes

How fabulous!! Your felt flowers are gorgeous!!

3 Likes

Oh wow!
I love your bouquet. It is stunning.
The felt favours are brilliant, and the chance to pick from that table - squeeee!
Did people dress in steampunk?
I would have loved to have been present at your wedding!
Hope we get to see your outfit at some point :wink:

3 Likes

They did take forever, but I just worked on them here or there when I had downtime so I’m not really sure how long! I made bouquets for my best friend and her bridesmaid the next year too (might post piccies of those too) and she keeps hers under a lovely glass dome!

4 Likes

@AIMR
I love that some of guests still talk about what an amazing surprise it was!! A few friends had to find out as I needed a little help with bits and pieces, but we kept it as secret as possible :smiley:

@endymion
Alas I’m not, clearly great minds were thinking alike tho!!

@GMPNQ
At least half of our guests dressed Steampunk, even some of the more elderly relations gave it a go! I was a little disappointed that my parents and sister didn’t mind you!! And yes I’ll defo be posting piccies of my dresses :smiley:

5 Likes

Beautiful work! I love your color palette.

2 Likes

Wow, your bouquet is beautiful!

2 Likes

What really makes this work is the ABUNDANCE. The repeated colors, layers, embroidery. Just the right amount of beading. Very, VERY cool. I’m happy you shared, even after the passed time! Woot!!

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Congrats! Your felt wedding bouquet is one of this week’s featured projects!

3 Likes

Your bouquet is just absolutely beautiful!

3 Likes

WOW! This is just wonderful! I am a big fan of that color combo myself and you did a great job of making many lovely combinations to create your bouquet!

2 Likes

This is utterly amazing! Congrats on the well deserved Feature!

3 Likes

Oh wow, thank you so much! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My goodness these are gorgeous!! Great job!!

2 Likes