CLOSED - Nerd Games - Winter 2024

Very cool! I bet he loves it!

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi - I can’t differentiate the colors that well from the photo, but I hope you have a very yellow year!

@ezrib - Love the Zelda mat! I like how it is nerdy with not being overly obvious. That makes it even cooler.

3 Likes

Yes, the green and aqua are kind of close, aren’t they? Probably should darken up the green a bit.

2 Likes

All that matters is that you know, and you can tell. I figured it just didn’t display in the photo. I know my phone distorts certain pinks, so I assumed it was something like that.

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi - This seems like an interesting way to track your mood. I hope you find it helpful!

@ezrib - I love that Zelda mat! Now I want to go play some old school Zelda games. :blush:

3 Likes

Prompt: The Astrologer (January)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Calendar page envelopes
Project Link: 4x6 Fractal Art Calendar Page Envelopes
Brief Description: I made these this week and actually had to put one in the mail before I could get a decent photo of them.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

What a great use for calendar pages!!

4 Likes

Prompt : January - Astrologer
Project Name: Gnome for the Holidays Casserole Carrier
Project Link: Gnome for the Holidays Casserole Carrier & Matching Bowl Cozies
Brief Description: This was for my neighbor and she could use it right away. Also, it’s reversible and the other color is a yellow flower print.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt : January – Two Pots
Project Name: Two Gnome Bowl Cozies
Project Link: Gnome for the Holidays Casserole Carrier & Matching Bowl Cozies
Brief Description: I used the leftover fabric to create two bowl cozies for the neighbors.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@megwell - That’s an awesome use for calendar pages. I use a Bob’s Burgers calendar every year, so it wouldn’t exactly work for me, but I think I am going to ask my co-workers for their old calendars next year! Amazing way to r/r/r and get a cool and useful project out of it.

4 Likes

I have used calendars with one-way-up images before (both scenery and people). It can work, but they can end up kind of awkward too.

2 Likes

I feel like I got so busy last season that I didn’t have time to make posts here. Hopefully, I will remedy that this season!

Here is how I display the pins I previously received in the Nerd Games:

I hope to add more at the end of this season!

I made the wall hanging last year and shortly after receiving my pins, I found it was a great spot for displaying them.

7 Likes

Thats an awesome way to display them!

3 Likes

Prompt: January - Battle - Tortoise
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: pink tortoise
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this using embroidery floss and a 2.25mm hook. It took way longer than it would have using regular weight yarn. She’s about 3 inches long
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

She’s magnificent! I want to put her in my pocket and show her the world!

2 Likes

Prompt: January -astrologer
Project Name: Emoji Love- a family ATC
Project Link: Emoji Love- a family ATC
Brief Description: At 2.5 x 3.5 inches, ATCs are small pieces of art.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I love that little turtle @storerboughtcreation!

@Bunny1kenobi, I really like the highlights that you added to the eye and the heart. Cute card!

4 Likes

Prompt: Big Time 1
Project Name: Floral Cat Purse
Project Link: Floral Cat Purse
Brief Description: This was almost a research project. It was just a few hours shy. I haven’t sewn a purse in so long!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Battle - January - Hare
Project Name: Bowl Cozies for Mom & Dad
Project Link: It’s a couple of bowl cozies, so… yeah.
Brief Description: When I first heard about bowl cozies I made a few for myself and my parents, but the pattern wasn’t very good. It was too small to really hold a bowl. After a few tries I found a pattern that I love and use exclusively now. But my parents still had the old ones. Last night I saw my Dad using a washcloth to hold his bowl and remembered I wanted to make them new ones. So, as soon as I got home I whipped up two of them quick as a bunny for them. Hence, Hare.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: The Miser (January)
Project Name: Dino ATC
Project Link: I added this to my ongoing Pick-3 ATCs post, if that counts.
Brief Description: The base for this card is an item I received in a swap probably over a year ago and finally used.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

@AudiobookLover i need a flag like that one. Almost EXACTLY like that one……

@storerboughtcreation the turtle is so little and cute. Love it!

@gozer I love that purse SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Perfection in an accessory and absolutely perfect for you!

3 Likes