Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge

Sounds Fun!

4 Likes

Well, I sorted a bunch of (probably way too many) scraps and started playing, although Iā€™m not really sure what I think Iā€™m makingā€¦

5 Likes

Haha. I feel like that when I play with my scraps too. The scraps lead the wayā€¦ :laughing:

7 Likes

I have scraps, oh my, let me craft!

5 Likes

I have an idea for this that is not my typical scrap crafting, but Iā€™m excited about it. I might need to purchase one thing though, so starting will have to wait a bit.

4 Likes

Here is my entry for the Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge!

This project has been in US/Canadian mail limbo for a month. I cheated the postal system and declared the package as documents because it costs around $3 instead of the $20 they charge for a regular package of the same size & weight. I thought the postal system gods were finally punishing me. :smile:

Scraptatic Pouch From Super Scrappy Denim Jacket Leftovers - Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge Entry

7 Likes

Yes, I would say they absolutely count, as long as you havenā€™t posted them here as their own thread already. (Showing off progress in the Snapshot thread or Quiltalong is totally fine.)

No, I think scraps that CAME to you are totally fair game. The tiles are from your home improvements, even if you didnā€™t install them yourself. And MightyMitochondriaā€™s scraps were given to her by her mom. Also fair game.

Where I think I would draw the line is BUYING scraps to create something. The scraps should be yours from previous projects or something freely given to you. An example of something I think would be cheating the spirit of the Challenge, would be if I went to the Creative Reuse Store here in town and bought various bits of donated fabric, and called them my scraps. They would have been purchased specifically for this challenge. However, if I made a scrappy tote bag from my own patchwork scraps, and bought a piece of fabric there to make the lining, that would be fair. Does that make sense?

8 Likes

Can you imagine buying scraps? OMG LOL, that would be like purchasing carrot peelings to make broth. I canā€™t even :smile:

5 Likes

Ohmigosh, you get Townsend & co scraps?? That is so cool! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I have an ongoing supply. Mom also makes Townsendsā€™ baskets. They have been neighbors for over 40 years. Super nice people.

6 Likes

I have an idea for this challenge! Now to see if I can get the time and the pieces to fall into placeā€¦

Edit to add: I did give my idea a go, time will tell if it is workable.

5 Likes

I got it done! Hereā€™s my entry, beginner level as it is. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Itā€™s great! Just because itā€™s fabric doesnā€™t mean you have to sew with it :smiley: I love out of the box uses for classic materials, and you rock it here.

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Scraps are happeningā€¦

7 Likes

Scraps happened!

Didnā€™t think Iā€™d finish this today but here we are :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I dug through my scraps and started something today!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got one! I sent it to one of our beloveds for her birthday so fingers crossed it gets delivered before the deadline & I can post itā€¦

4 Likes

And Iā€™m in!

8 Likes

This might be a dumb question, but would making doll clothes from scraps qualify?

2 Likes