The Laboratory of the Nefarious Dr. Hedwith

At some urging in response to @TheMistressT’s gorgeous miniature diorama paying tribute to The Trials of Solomon Parker (The Trials of Solomon Parker Fan Art Diorama - NSFW (Adult themes and imagery)), I posted this.

This is the fan art I created in homage to the book @TheMistressT’s honey wrote: Dr. Potter’s Medicine Show. This is my version of Dr. Hedwith’s lab.

The completed project:

Here’s Dr. Hedwith’s worktable. He’s been making some notes in this alchemy book. There’s a lantern for a little extra light, a scale for precise measurement of nasty bits, and a mortar and pestle for grinding said nasty bits. There’s a handy syringe, waiting on just the right victim patient, and a large bottle of green mystery stuff on the floor. I’m a big fan of the fancy clock on the wall and the esoteric hand, too.

Oops, one of Dr. Hedwith’s patients who didn’t make it. Like all good scientists, he’s going to lop the head off and keep it for future study.

Ah. lots of juicy bits! A jar of eyes, and a jar of bones. (Ingredients for experiments, or souvenirs?) I wonder what he’s got locked up in that little box that Mr. Skull is resting upon? Lots of potions and icky concoctions, and lots of books, too. Never let it be said that Dr. Hedwith is not a learned man! Candles, scissors, a test tube rack. The mouse who lives under the bookshelf has made an appearance for a photo op.

There’s a bureau and an apothecary chest in the corner, just beneath an interesting alchemical chart. The good doctor is letting a little mail pile up. I wonder if any of it is from Lyman? And of course, this is where he keeps the “big guns”. Yes, I’m ridiculously pleased that the drawers open! :blush:

Another little shelf of potions and another interesting box, along with some more alchemical reference material.

And the reason for the lab in the first place - the dangerously addictive Chock-A-Saw Sagwa Tonic. Here’s a case ready to be delivered to Dr. Potter.

The sides:

The top:

And the end credits:

Apparently it also takes a village to make a miniature diorama, so special thanks to @Magpie for her contributions to the cause, and for lots of crafty support from @TheMistressT, @gozer, @Chr1stchan, and the rest of the Nerd Games crew!

26 Likes

It is spectacular! You put so much loving detail into all those teeny weeny tiny little bits. I think it’s so fab.

2 Likes

I love this so dang much. There is just so much to see. YOU are the Master of the Miniatures! I keep finding new things to love (again) and I keep going back to the little knobs on the apothecary drawers. Tiny hook & eye parts?

2 Likes

Can I just say what a treat it is to see two unique and brilliant takes on this doctor’s laboratory, and on the same day!? You’ve created a whole tiny world!

2 Likes

OMG! Every time I see another diorama, I am just awed by the tiny little details you guys put into them. Can’t believe those little drawers open!

2 Likes

Love all the details!! Must have been such fun to make!!

2 Likes

This is absolutely incredible. All those details. It’s absolutely insane! Your miniatures are always fantastic, but this one took it to a whole new level!

1 Like

I got a big kick out of the head in the bottle…fantastic descriptions and details…the floors and walls are incredible as well…too much to see in one pass…I am sure I will visit the lab again and again…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing

2 Likes

That’s so wonderful! I love seeing members supporting one another, AND their spouses, creative endeavors.

2 Likes

Yes! The eyes make great drawer pulls!! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! :heart:

WOW! That is amazing!

2 Likes

Suuuper creepy!!

1 Like

This is amazing. You did such a good job.

1 Like

as always I am enamored by these, I could look at these all day
I want to shrink down and explore all the goodies inside

1 Like

:blush: thank you!

Wow, this is incredible. So many details. It is magnificent.

1 Like

Thanks!! :grin:

Congrats! Your Laboratory of the Nefarious Dr. Hedwith is one of this week’s featured projects! You are awesome!

1 Like