CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Day 1 - I had a few more partially finished motifs than I thought I did, so I finished 3:

(This is the back end of the hippo - just the back legs were done before.)

12 Likes

February 1st. built a saddle holder! In miniature, for a cowboy shrine.
2nd. Broke the saddle holder. Collected more things to go with it.
Also gave away 7 big bags of fabric to my neighbor who wants to make quilts
3rd. Considered alternate materials at 3am, when I had planned to be sleeping.
later, woodgrained and painted holder, antiqued saddle, horses, and horseshoe, added a blanket, trimmed base with vegan carved leather. I should take pix…
4th. Finished saddle project.
5th. Photographed saddle project AND put away the leftovers!

More pix at Back in the saddle again
6th. Made enchiladas for tomorrow’s games get together.
7th. Made queso for the first time!
8th. Added more sewing supply embellishments to the sewing shrine I did a while ago. Not sure I like it.
9th. Went to Gem Show and thought about crafting stuff. Got some more domes/cloches at Dollar Tree.
10th. Made lasagne
11th. Hosted super bowl party. Hard to craft with a bunch of people yelling at the tv.
12th. Made spice cupcakes to use as individual “king cakes” for a Mardi Gras party. I used the basic Wacky Cake recipe, but left out the cocoa powder and added 3/4 tsp each of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
13th made glaze and decorated cupcakes with purple, green, and gold sugar. They all disappeared fast!
Added rhinestone covered sticks and other embellishments to a pair of purchased masks. A dozen people had their pictures taken in the masks.
14th cut up veggies and invented a new dip: mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, milk, dill, chili, and black pepper.**

18th. Got out two fabrics and pattern for a blouse. Auditioned at least six different fabrics for piping, chose light aqua.
Dug up old version of the blouse, corrected the shoulder line, transferred alteration to pattern.
19th. Drafted new neckline pattern because I threw away the previous one in a fit of cleaning.
20th. Cut out blouse, made about 15 yards of bias binding, and turned six yards into piping. Cards got cancelled tomorrow, so I should have a new blouse by the end of the day!
21st. Got well into the construction, but didn’t finish. Took a nap instead.
22nd. Dithered around a bit with it.
23rd. Finished!
24th. Putting together fabrics for the next blouse; a blueberry print, 2 green and 1 navy blenders, solid navy, and a different blueberry print. Which will make the cut?
25th.
26th. 3D printed nametags for hubby’s meetup group.

8 Likes

Today’s watercolor was this white and red rose

17 Likes

Yesterday was clay day, with tiny ruins:

Today included watercolor sketches of actual ruins:

15 Likes

Today, I completed the craft from yesterday and added to another one. Both are for a swap. Again, here is a highly stylized photo of part of it.

13 Likes

I die cut this “label” for the project keeper I finished on Jan 31.

ProjectKeeper05a

13 Likes

I had planned on doing some machine embroidery while LittleBookLover was at school, but I sat down in front of the computer and next thing I knew, I was creating a project mockup. I still have a little time before picking him up, but now I’m thinking of working on this pennant flag and doing the embroidery (that I’ve been meaning to do for the past 3 days) another day.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 214034

13 Likes

Dogsitting and crocheting scrappy granny squares.

15 Likes

ICAD happens June 1 to July 31 so a 61-day project. daisy yellow/Tammy Garcia used to host it as a thing on Flickr and Instagram but last year she stepped back and didn’t have a dedicated space for it. She still put out themes and prompts.

7 Likes

@Smmarrt That’s pretty much what I thought it was; I’ve been doing two backgrounds a day so I (theoretically) get pretty close by the end of the month assuming I don’t abandon it.

Speaking of, here’s 2/2.

12 Likes

Feb 2.

Earrings for STS.

I even have the fancy earring hanging thingy.

20240202_192511

13 Likes

Tiredness and a sore throat put a damper on my energy the last two days but I still managed to do something creative …

Feb 1st - looked through patterns and decided on my next loom project.

Feb 2 - worked on a Wonky Bird atc for myself.

10 Likes

Picked up 6 of these sweet napkins at a thrift store by our cottage last summer. They came in a bag, nice but not so useful.

That bag was a perfect size to cut & hem for 2 more napkins tho, yay!

You can’t even tell which one is the original.

I also fixed a torn seam in my coworker’s top but that’s not very interesting for anybody but her so no pics :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

Today’s knitting progress:

15 Likes

Add some ink and a press and yesterday’s scratched up plastic became drypoint etchings today.

Black and white version

Colour version

18 Likes

I have no idea how you went from scratched plastic to this, but these are stunning!

I’m still dogsitting and crocheting scrappy granny squares. I need 32 to add another round to an existing blanket so I won’t get bored this weekend!

13 Likes

So cool!

5 Likes

I have been thwarted for days one and two, hopefully day 3 will make up for it. :crossed_fingers:

Everyone is doing great!

7 Likes

I won’t confirm or deny if this is from swap creating or not, but I have done a thing today!

Feb 3

10 Likes

Day 2 - finished 2 partially finished motifs:

12 Likes