Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I’m kind of tempted to try doing a drawing/painting every day for the month. I’m pretty terrible at doing daily things like keeping a journal etc. - too easily distracted - but this thread could be good encouragement … hmmmm…

2 Likes

I made every day in Jan, EXCEPT ONE. Boo!

So yes, I’m on for this. But I’ve no list. I’m keeping track in a tiny little calendar. And I’m already considering how to visualize it. I was not surprised by which topics showed up repeatedly, as knitting a wearable takes considerably longer than a stamp carving project (days vs hours). With Feb. coming, I’m also considering monitoring time? But just as a general time value, because that would be fun to visualize (trended graph), but don’t want to make it so onerous I stop making.

4 Likes

I like this idea and will do my best but … we are visiting our 2 grand daughters for a week in February … so I’ll do my best :smiley:

When at home I plan to work on quilting projects and while away I’ll crochet on my shawl.

2 Likes

I think life has finally lined up that I could actually make something everyday in Feb! Count me in!

2 Likes

I‘m in.
I‘m currently planing some larger projects so I need to break them down into daily chunks.

1. fabric stash decluttering
  2. kids chairs
  3. completed flooring for new office
  4. Brownies
  5. :heavy_multiplication_x: (long hours at work left no room for crafting :slightly_frowning_face:)
  6. fabric stash organization
  7. fabric stash organization
  8. cut desk top for new office
  9. stained and finished desk top
  10. assembled first part of desk
3 Likes

Tentatively claiming a spot here in hopes it will obligate me to follow through. I’ll probably focus on just working on something each day rather than having set finishing goals.

1. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers
  2. Mini Bookmark from Mini Masterboard -- ART 2020 Q1 Challenge Entry
  3. Collage-y Inchies
  4. Bookmarks (posted later in this thread)
  5. Masterboard (posted later in this thread)
  6. A Mighty Wind ATCs
  7. Pasta with broccoli, tomato, and cheese
  8. Baby headband; cupcake display
  9. Zetti experiments
  10. Mini muffins
2 Likes

I like how you think! Ok, I’m draping my knitting bag over this chair right here…

• wanders off to make tea *
4 Likes

February is 29 days so if you could do 30, then you got this!

3 Likes

@JoyfulClover I am keeping track with the everyday app. It’s a free habit tracker where you can set reminders. You click in to mark something as done. It is a nice little app, plain and simple.

2 Likes

@WileESongDog - yes Leap Year Feb is doable! And the one day I missed, I had been going all.day. And I sat there and thought…I could knit just one line. Or I could go to bed.

And < BOOM > bed it was.

@Edel I will check this out! I like easy-peasy!

2 Likes

This looks like a fun challenge and will definitely help with the stash.

… or so I tell myself … :crazy_face:

February

1. I made a mess! Spent time sorting through clothes to donate/keep, and also fabric stash.
  2. DD came over and tried teaching me to use her cricut.
  3. haluski (cabbage and noodles) with sausage/kielbasa
4 Likes

I am so tempted by this … I’ll have to look at my want-to-do list tonight and figure out the feasibility, since I’m pretty sure my brain would interpret “make something” as “finish something” so I need to see if I can get enough smaller projects lined up to have a shot at doing that 29 days in a row.

2 Likes

I think this is a good time and place to start a multi-piece project I’ve had in mind. I won’t post daily, because I am relying on the scanner at my office for the imaging, but I will do a little something daily and share several days at a time.

2 Likes

I’ve already got a list in the 50 project thread, so I’m not going to make one here, but I cannot wait for February to start! My fingers are itching to know the stitchalong theme!

2 Likes

I think I’m in on this one. I have to put some thought into my project though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this. I have a crocheted shawl that I need to get finished. So this might help me get it worked on more.

3 Likes

Hmmm… But did you make anything at all that day? Like even a sandwich? Did you do your hair in any creative way? Wait! Did you make your bed?? I know it isn’t the same thing, but… maybe? (I do love finding loopholes… haha!)

4 Likes

I do enjoy your creative definition of…well, creativity! (and I ALWAYS make my bed)

I’m using that one day as a mental rock in my shoe. Because it’s really bugging me. So hopefully the next time I will make sure to fit in at least SOMETHING.

1 Like

Ohhh, that’s clever. Smart thinking!

2 Likes

I need this thread to keep me on track to get my boro purse done for the Functional Stitchalong!

I am going to do a patch a day or something to decorate my purse.

I am going to use today and tomorrow to make sure I have all the embroidery threads and supplies I need…can’t wait to get this project done…it has been on my list for a long time.

Feb 28-29 Shawl (completed in March)
Feb 23- 27

Feb 26
Feb 22toilet%20mugrug
Feb 19 worked on red knit scarf Feb 20 Feb 21 worked on studio curtains
Feb 14 olga Feb 15 & 16 Feb 17&18 worked on crochet shawl
Feb 11 yellowduster Feb 12 greenduster Feb 13
Feb 6 Feb 7 Feb 8 Feb 9 “Frame” for cross stitch
Feb 1 Feb 2 Feb 3 Feb 4 Feb 5

I did it! Not quite the way I intended, but at least I crafted or cooked everyday in February…and boy, am I ready for a more relaxed pace! Whew! ha

4 Likes