Wall Calendar Envelopes

I live near a pharmacy (Shopper’s Drug Mart for my fellow Canucks). Not too far into January, I was in there and noticed the 2024 wall calendars were 75% off. They were nice-looking calendars, and I immediately thought I’d like to make envelopes with those picture/illustrations.

I didn’t need the calendars as I already had three at home… so I specifically bought these with the envelope purpose in mind. I made envelopes out of scrapbook pages last year and really enjoyed it, so I figured I’d give this a shot.

12 Likes

These are fun!

2 Likes

You did a great job when positioning the images for each of the envelopes!

1 Like

This is really clever! I will need to remember this for the end of the year when all my wall calendars are finished up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great way to use those cool images, if you already know what day it is! :rofl:

1 Like

Great creative re-use of those calendars!

1 Like

This is brilliant!! I have so many calendars from years past that I didn’t get rid of because I loved the images, but I had no idea what to do with them! I will have to try this out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool! I love that you did this!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

@AudiobookLover funny story about placement. I tried hard to ensure that the images would be “right side up” when looking at the addressee side. But for some Spider-Man images, the “right-side up” is him upside down. But for one particular envelope doing it that way would have a perfect image on the addressee side… of his crotch, lol. So I turned it the other way. For some of the envelopes, there was no way to do it well unless the images were upside-down, but they’re still cute nevertheless, I think.

2 Likes

I did this as well, but after hearing about the issues with using these and magazine envelopes through the mail, I am going to use mine inside packages or other envelopes…they are too pretty to get mangled by the post office!

I love your themed groups…something for everyone!

1 Like

I think these will be ok as they are a very thick paper–about the thickness of cardstock, so thicker than regular envelopes. I’ve sent these successfully a number of times, so I may try to continue living dangerously lol

1 Like

This is a wonderful idea, and I love the way they turned out! I’ve been keeping several calendars in my stash that I didn’t want to part with, and I think this may be a perfect idea for them.

2 Likes