CLOSED - Nerd Games - Winter 2024

Prompt: January-The 2 Pots
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Doing His Best -a family ATC
Project Link: Doing his best- a family ATC
Brief Description: My son has brown hair.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January-The miser
Project Name: Tree painting
Project Link:
Brief Description: I always want to enter the Craft This in Your Style craftalong but time always seems to get away from me and I don’t get to it. This month I managed to barely squeak one in. Not my best work, but it’s practice!

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

So glad you’re back! :+1::heart:

4 Likes

Prompt: The Two Pots
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: How do you eat a whole chocolate cake? One slice at a time.
Project Link: "One slice at a Time" Painting reminder
Brief Description: Chocolate cake is brown.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Navajo Tacos
Project Link:
Brief Description: One of my favorite meals! Homemade naan topped with shredded smoked pork, green chilis, black beans,tomatoes, onions, sour cream, shredded lettuce and cheese. :yum:
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

These look and sound tasty! My mom and I were at a street fair once and the vendor with the longest line was selling Navajo tacos. Everyone swore up and down that they were worth the wait. Sadly, they were not, lol. Yours on the other hand do look worth the wait, especially with that homemade naan!

3 Likes

Prompt: February Battle: Disney
Team: Bits & Bobs
Project Name: Disney Princess envelopes
Project Link: Wall Calendar Envelopes
Brief Description: I think no explanation is required as to why this fits the prompt :joy:… I bought heavily discounted 2024 wall calendars and made envelopes out of them. One of them happened to be Disney Princess-themed.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: January- The Peacok
Project Name: Valentine nails
Project Link:
Brief Description: I’m gradually learning how to use nail dip at home. Today, I did pink ombré nails for Valentines. They are for decoration only.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research project #1
Project Name: Family Valentines
Project Link: Family Valentines- pic heavy-ish
Brief Description: I made 6 Valentines, and a total of 7 magnets, each with a hand cut envelope. It took about 2 hours for each magnet, about 1.5 hours to prepare the mailboxes and their backings (cutting paper, cutting the doors, attaching the flags- especially since I made errors and had to do some of them twice), about 2 hours to create the envelope template and cut & assemble the envelopes, and another 2 hours to put all of them together and write messages on all of them.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: Free range #2
Project Name: Feather arrangements
Project Link:
Brief Description: I was helping my sister-in-law decorate for my brother-in-law’s birthday party, which is a masquerade theme. I made these arrangements out of the items she had available. Excuse the mess of supplies in the background.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@LindyBlues, those are such fun envelopes!

@Bunny1kenobi, that mailbox is really neat, I :heart: the brad you used.
Those magnets are all fun and sure to bring smiles to all the recipients faces.

4 Likes

Prompt: February Battle – Disney
Project Name: Friend-Chip Goals rendering and coloring pages.
Project Link: Friend-Chip Goals
Brief Description: Even though I am strongly in the Grimm camp, these little cuties are Disney-fied.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Miser
Project Name: Origami Hearts
Project Link: (Ribbon Heart Galentine's Day Cards)
Brief Description: If anyone knows me, they know I hate origami. It was the one time I didn’t shine in art class, and it still bothers me. Ha! But for the Galentine’s Swap, I tried it for the first time in over 25+ years and made origami heart bookmarks. I made over 30 of them. Here are just a few.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Here’s how I’m displaying my pins so far. I’m pretty sure I’ll change this display to something wearable eventually, but for now they hang on my office wall, reminding me of all the fun I’ve had since discovering this site. I’m truly, really grateful for it :heart:

6 Likes

Prompt: January - Peacock
Project Name: Ribbon Heart Cards
Project Link: Ribbon Heart Galentine's Day Cards
Brief Description: These are for decoration. They are cards for Galentine’s Day!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing (January)
Project Name: Galentine’s zine
Project Link: All the Strengths: A Wee Galen-zine
Brief Description: The background is [off-]white. (I’ll be honest: I had slated this project for this prompt a while ago, and now I don’t quite remember why. This is my best guess.)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@Gozer, your milk and cookies drawing is so cute and your Galentine’s cards are really unique!

@LindyBlues, that’s a great way to display your pins. You’ve earned a decent amount!

@megwell, I really like the cover of your zine!

5 Likes

Prompt: The Peacock (January)
Project Name: Flowery calendar page envelopes
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Compared to standard envelopes, these are ostentatious.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: February - The Frog Prince
Project Name: G-Tube Pads
Project Link:
Brief Description: I’ve been meaning to make some new g-tube pads for a long time now and when I saw that the first week of February was Feeding Tube Awareness week (thanks to @LindyBlues Everyday Holidays craftalong), I decided it was time to finally get them made. When choosing my fabric, I came across some perfectly sized scraps that just so happened to be spotted.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February - Hercules
Project Name: G-Tube Pads - batch 2
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these with love for my little love, LittleBookLover.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February - The Little Mermaid
Project Name: G-Tube Pads - batch 3
Project Link:
Brief Description: I used water soluble stabilizer and water soluble tape when making these. The last step of the process required using water to disintegrate the stabilizer and tape, leaving behind a finished pad, ready for use.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February - Battle - Disney
**Team Running with Scissors
Project Name: G-Tube Pads - batch 4
Project Link:
Brief Description: I’ve been looking for a way to simplify the g-tube pad making process for a long time and I finally discovered it! That’s what I call a happy ending :blush:.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Free Range 1
Project Name: Galentine’s card 4
Project Link: Added to the original Mixed Media Galentine’s Cards post
Brief Description: I ended up angeling for this swap, so I made one more card. Credit for the leafy embellishment to jemimah.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Battle Disney
Team: knotty by nature
Project Name: Nom Nom Repair
Brief Description- our inflatable christmas chipmunk was attacked this year and sustained some tears. I mended the mouth that was torn open and reattached the hand to the acorn. this seems more disney than grimm
picture-

Prompt: Big Time 1
Project Name: January Temperature Blanket Square
Link: 2024 crochet temp blanket (in progress)
Brief Description- crocheted January temperature block
picture-

Prompt: February Frog Prince
Project Name: Strawberry Coasters
Brief Description- Crocheted Strawberry coasters
picture-

4 Likes

Project dump!

Prompt: February-Beauty and the Beast
Project Name: Valentine for my honey
Project Link:
Brief Description: This has red.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February- Hercules
Project Name: Dad’s bday card
Project Link:
Brief Description: This was given to a loved one. It has white on it as well.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February-Little Mermaid
Project Name: Bathmat
Project Link:
Brief Description: This might not need water but it’s water related. Plus the quilting is done in swirls.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time #1
Project Name: Galentines
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these for the Galentine swap. Each card took well over an hour to create.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time #2
Project Name: friendship bracelets
Project Link:
Brief Description: These were sent with the Galentines. No idea where all of my pics went… I made 6 for my partners and one for myself. They were each about 2 feet long so they could be wrapped if used as bracelets or they could be used as trims in other projects if my partners preferred that option. Each one took about 1.5 hours to make.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: February battle- Grimm
Project Name: Monster pillow
Project Link:
Brief Description: Don’t let his cuteness fool you. This guy is a ruthless slavering beast. :wink:
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes