Breakfast for a Crowd

So in addition to Monthly Birthday Celebrations at my work, every Friday we rotate in bringing breakfast. We call it The Breakfast Club (unique, right?!?) Anyway this week was my week and while most people bring in Panera, Chick-Fil-A, etc… there’s a handful of us that are home cooks. My fares this week are: Pecan Pie French Toast, Mini Cinnamon Rolls, Pineapple Upside Down Bundt, Breakfast Potatoes, Veggie Quiche with Tater Tot Crust, and Ham and Cheese Quiche with Tater Tot Crust

Quiches
2 lb frozen tater tots, thawed and pressed into the bottom of a 10 inch cast iron skillet
PRE BAKE THE TATER TOTS AT 425 FOR 15 MINUTES, then lower the oven to 350
Onto the filling:
1 dozen eggs, beaten
2 cups cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Then let your imagination go wild with fillings! I made one with 1-12 oz. package diced ham and the other with 1-10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed with the liquid squeezed out, 1/2 a medium onion-finely chopped, and 1-8oz. package of sliced mushrooms
Pour into pre-baked tater tot shell and bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until eggs are set (when you jiggle the pan it shouldn’t move)

Mini Cinnamon Rolls
(Literally cannot be easier)
2 canisters cinnamon rolls
Unroll cinnamon roll halfway and cut in half, re-roll the undone piece and place into a greased mini muffin pan, bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

Breakfast Potatoes
3 lb. red potatoes, quartered
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. garlic
2 tbsp. seasoned salt
2 tbsp. paprika
2 tbsp. butter
mix all ingredients and pour into greased crock pot
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until fork tender

Pecan Pie French Toast
1 loaf french bread
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
6 eggs + 3 egg yolks
12 tbsp. butter
2/3 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 lb. pecans
Mix milks and eggs and slice french bread into 2 inch slices, arrange in pan and pour egg/milk mixture over bread. Cover with plastic and let sit overnight
in the morning melt butter, syrups, and brown sugar in heavy sauce pan and boil for 3 minutes. Gently stir in pecans. Pour into new, clean dish and gently place soaked bread slices on top. Cook for 30 minutes at 350. Turn bread pieces over scooping pecan pie filling onto each piece and continue cooking for 10 minutes. (Try not to eat the whole thing)

Pineapple Upside Down Bundt
Generously grease bundt pan (I use equal parts oil, shortening, and flour)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
1 can pineapples in the juice (reserve juice)
8 maraschino cherries
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup reserved pineapple juice (if there isn’t enough from the can add enough milk to equal 1 cup)
1 small box (4 serving) vanilla pudding
Preheat to 350
melt butter and brown sugar and spoon into bottom of bundt
slice pineapples in half and arrange in the grooves of the bundt pan, place the cherries in between the slices
Mix all other ingredients together and carefully spoon them over the pineapples/cherries (I used an ice cream scoop) to keep the pineapples upright
Spread cake filling evenly over pineapples and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
cool for 10 minutes, flip onto cake plate

Now it’s time to chow down! I’m almost ready for round 2!

17 Likes

Will you link to a job application so we can all try to come work there?!!! :grin: YUM!!!

6 Likes

What an amazing place to work and look at all your yum-o food!

2 Likes

Oh wow! You’d have to roll me back to my desk :laughing:

2 Likes

AND I’ve never made any of these dishes before so my work crew was my guinea pigs. They all agree tater tot crust is the way to go!

P.S. Is tater tot short for potato toddlers?

3 Likes

Wait…[stammering]…hold up… You cooked and brought all of this deliciousness for one meal on one day?? We no longer have the eyes- bugging-out emoticon, but that’s what I’m doing right now. This is some stellar work… You have made yourself irreplaceable, there’s no outsourcing the homemade breakfast and birthday lady!

4 Likes

I always joke around that I have to earn my keep around here with delicious goodnesses!

1 Like

I will work for free…free food…you are amazing…I couldn’t even pull off one of those let alone all of it!

pffft…Panera and all of those other places don’t stand a chance…you win the Breakfast Club!

2 Likes

These are amazing! What an awesome change from the typical office food. You are an inspiration!

2 Likes

Are you kidding me with this? @bethntim I am going to make the tater tot crust thing. Bookmarked!

Yes! I need to submit as well!

YES. And i only found out about a couple years ago. #FacePalm It seems so clear now. Also, it makes me love them even more!

RIGHT

YOU DO!! in other news, the real Breakfast Club anniversary is coming up March 24th. Because I have it in my calendar…

5 Likes

Thanks! Some people are vegetarians, some don’t eat pork, 1 is allergic to eggs, so I try to be accommodating

4 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed: … I’ll provide these eyes for both of us as I feel the same

@bethntim you are amazing!

3 Likes

Haha…an inspiration and a SAINT!

3 Likes

So…how soon can you get to my house? I need all of these in my belly.

2 Likes

Okay, I really need to come work where you work. :yum:
Everything looks absolutely delicious!

3 Likes

OH YUM! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My gosh, that’s an ambitious spread you put out! Lucky coworkers. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No one calls in sick on your Friday, do they?

Yum!

3 Likes

I really need to work in your office! That pecan pie french toast looks and sounds delicious, I may have to try making it.

2 Likes

My mouth is literally watering…

2 Likes