COMPLETED - Positive Affirmations R-2 SU Sept19-26, SO Oct 17

I need a little sunshine in my life, how about you? This swap is quick and fun, an easy but impactful way to spread Joy and Positivity all around.

Positive-Affirmations-At-Work

Sign ups today until Sunday Sept 26, send outs Monday Oct 17th which makes for 3ish weeks of crafting time.

A few items from one of the rounds on deadster
And more lovelies from LC R-1

We’ll be sending:
-A small hand crafted item
-A treat (chocolate, candy, stickers, tea, etc)
-A personal note
-Extras are not required to keep it as simple and easy as possible and allow inexpensive international shipping, but of course you can negotiate with your partner.

Since this is a small swap with many flat options, I’m requesting flexibility with international partnering to keep the swap open to everybody. Please don’t be daunted by this, there are so many flat options that sending can cost as little as a couple stamps. It may take a few days for cross-border mail to arrive but sharing encouragement with each other is so worth it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

To sign up, please copy, paste, & fill in the below in a message to me titled Positive Affirmations R2 Sign Up.
Swap name: Positive Affirmations R2
LettuceCraft user name:
Email:
Address:
Pinterest (or other):
Are you at least 16 years old?
Have you read the entire swap information for this swap?
Have you met the Participant Conditions?
Have you commented in the signup/discussion thread?
How many Partners do you want? (1, 2 or3)
What crafts would you like to make?
What crafts would you like to receive?
Fave colours/patterns/styles:
Anything you would not like to get:
Any allergies or allergens:
List some treat options:
Please have either a pinterest board or list 5 positive affirmations here:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
Anything else you’d like to share?

Swap name: Positive Affirmations
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: @Magpie
Sign-up date range: Sept 19-26
Send out Date: Oct 17
Limited to a certain number of people? No limit
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No restrictions
Additional Age requirement? No

If you meet these conditions, you can join in on the fun:

• Has been a member for at least one month
  • Has posted at least 15 times
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
  • Does not have any negative feedback
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
  • If within the US, understands that a Tracking number is required for this swap.
  • If sending internationally, understands that a shipping receipt with address must be captured

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If sending within their country, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap (letter mail is exempt from tracking): YES/NO
If shipping internationally, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Partners:
Abbeeroad with Kwality570
AIMR with Imera
AIMR with kittykill
geekgirl with kittykill
geekgirl with jemimah
Magpie with jemimah
Smmarrt with jemimah
Smmarrt with curiousfae

GALLERY!

7 Likes

This is very, very tempting. Must think.

2 Likes

A small is just a couple hours, easy-easy! Feels so good making affirmations too. Heart lifting :heartpulse:

4 Likes

And the flat options are great for someone who has no business spending frivolously right now… Hmm, I better finish The Thing before I sign up for anything else or @Cindy will be on my tail about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Oh man…can’t…resist…

4 Likes

@AntBee whatever do you mean, I would never hassle you about anyTHING :face_with_hand_over_mouth::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Welcome to the swap @Abbeeroad!

Everybody, please feel free to share your affirmations as encouragement to others who are considering joining in and also those who happen to just be reading along :slight_smile:

Here’s my affirmation board.

1 Like

I recently listened to The Book of Hope: A Survival Guide for Trying Times by Jane Goodall with Douglas Abrams and it was just chock full of wisdom nuggets. But I especially loved the way they ended the narrative: “Now do you understand how I dare hope?” I just love this idea of “radical hope,” using Jane’s definition of hope below:

“Hope is often misunderstood. People tend to think it is simply passive wishful thinking: I hope something will happen, but I’m not going to do anything about it. This is indeed the opposite of real hope, which requires action and engagement."

I just love her.

6 Likes

Yayyayyay, I love this swap! And I will have a proper address before sendouts!

4 Likes

Woohoo!!!

2 Likes

All of the bottoms in the world!! I have been waiting for this type of swap but timing isn’t going to work for me :frowning:
Mum’s 65th birthday planning and a holiday in the middle of crafting time is going to be too much of a distraction.

However, I will be watching along and waiting for the next one.

3 Likes

That’s a wonderful piece of wisdom!

I had a such a happy time crafting for this swap last time, and received such beautiful joy-filled treasures - happiness all around! :heart:

Plus, @Magpie and I got the added bonus of being able to practice the virtue of extreme patience, lol. (I still can’t believe that package turned up after more than 8 months!)

I’m sorry to hear the timing isn’t going to work out well for you this time @Renstar!

4 Likes

Calling past participants:
@Kwality570
@Cyn-energy
@kayrun
@kittykill
@Reinikka
@calluna

@Renstar this is usually the time I run this one each year but anybody is welcome to start their own positivity swap any time at all. If you’d like to host one, or anybody else, please feel free!

1 Like

This was such a happy swap!
pondering, pondering~

in the meantime, here’s a link to my positive quote board:
positive quotes

1 Like

I’d usually be on board with this time of year but, this year has left me not picking up any swaps because of various work changes. I am missing them, this and the 12 days of Christmas :frowning:

i’m brain fried with what do I get Mum for her 65th???

Totally not a complaint at you or your timing.

I’m just sad that another swap that I want to be part of has come up and I know I can’t commit
I’m in watch mode for a few swaps that I would have liked to have joined, it’s tough to be a bystander sometimes.

4 Likes

Would she appreciate a handmade card & a donation to her favourite charity? My family has started doing this in lieu of gifts & I LOVE IT.

3 Likes

I’m so going to join this tiny swap

2 Likes

It is almost like a One Tiny Thing swap, isn’t it? Those were my faves, the un-themed ones had the best galleries. I remember being in one that had to be split into 3 groups, there were so many people in it, it was AMAZING!!
The first time I joined a OTT swap I had no idea what they were about or what to make and ended up with this:

The little door opens and the swing moves. I had so much fun coming up with that idea and figuring out all the parts and I’m sure it never would have happened if I hadn’t been crafting for someone else. I’m think that’s what solidified my love of C-ster right there.

6 Likes

3 groups oh my, amazing :smiley: considering it’s one small handcrafted item I’d categorise it as a tiny swap, for me tiny swaps is easy and fun.

And that birdcage is ADORABLE, do love things that are more than just pretty, hinges is amazing, great job!

1 Like

Welcome to the swap @imera!

1 Like