Halloween Costume Challenge 2020

:jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:

:vampire:t2: :elf:t2: :woman_zombie: :man_superhero: :woman_supervillain: :mage: Halloween Costume Challenge! :woman_mage: :man_supervillain: :woman_superhero: :zombie: :elf: :vampire:t2:

Many things have been canceled this year, but you know what’s still coming up? Halloween! And staying at home just means we have time to work on some truly epic Halloween costumes.

YOUR MISSION - CRAFT AN AWESOME HALLOWEEN COSTUME!

The Rules:

• Your costume may be for yourself, or for a family member or friend.
  • You may have help or collaborate on the costume with an immediate family member like your spouse.
  • Your costume may contain some purchased elements, but must be predominantly handmade by you. (Examples of purchased items could be a crown, to go with the princess dress you sewed.)
  • Each LC member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread. If you wish to submit a group or family set of costumes, it will count as 1 entry.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on November 4th.

The winner of the Halloween Costume Challenge will receive a $20 Amazon gift card!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- Fashion 2020 Q4 Contest Entry” (example: Jennie’s Witch Costume - F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on November 5th - 11th.
  • The winner will be announced on November 12th.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

:jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:

Entries
@Riechan’s Zombie Makeup
@bethntim’s Socially Distant Viking
@Smeddley’s Cheshire Cat
@RagingSloth’s Weird Bird King
@Abbeeroad’s Plague Doctor
@EriChanHime’s Gender Flipped Han & Leia
@saranethx’s Alaskana

Vote for your favorite costume!

• Riechan’s Zombie Makeup
    • bethntim’s Socially Distant Viking
    • Smeddley’s Cheshire Cat
    • RagingSloth’s Weird Bird King
    • Abbeeroad’s Plague Doctor
    • EriChanHime’s Gender Flipped Han & Leia
    • saranethx’s Alaskana

0 voters

9 Likes

yes, yEs, YES!!! My favorite of all things ever ever ever!!!
Can’t wait, this is always an awesome gallery

1 Like

I am so insanely excited about this!

2 Likes

I love this challenge every year!

2 Likes

I did make-up for the halloween zoom meet up (and forgot to add my shirt) Would this be okay to add to this or not?

Hi @Riechan! That was a tough question, so I checked in with the other Mods for their opinions. Some of us felt that makeup alone isn’t a complete costume, BUT, I did not specify that in the contest rules. So we will count it. Go ahead and enter your makeup from the Zoom Meetup. :smile:

But for everyone’s information, in future Halloween Costume Contests here on LC, we will specify that a costume also needs clothing or accessory elements to count.

3 Likes

Thank you!

(Should so delete the pictures from last year, because it isn’t me?)

1 Like

Here’s my entry!

A socially distant Viking!

2 Likes

Ahhh, I didn’t even realize this was a thing, thanks @MistressJennie for cluing me in! This year’s costume (for multiple events, thankfully) was a Cheshire Cat! It served two purposes - a friend’s birthday was Alice in Wonderland themed AND I had a Halloween costume with a mask ready to go!

The dress was something my friend had on-hand, I made the jacket, the ears, and the mask… the bag was made by @Bunny1kenobi!

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/cheshire-cat-costume-fashion-2020-q4-contest-entry/8794

2 Likes

Here is my
Entry: Weird Bird King Costume- Fashion 2020 Q4 Contest Entry

Bird king of Hell. :joy: I’m sorry, I have no idea what the hell is wrong with me. I just needed to do it.

2 Likes

My entry!

Phew! Made it!

2 Likes

My Entry: Gender-Flipped Han & Leia Halloween Costumes

I’ve loved looking through all the cool costumes so far! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Here is my entry: “Alaskana” Costume

I always enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with! Costumes are my favorites!

2 Likes

A big thank you to everyone who participated in this challenge! Voting is now open, so go vote for your favorite costume in the first post of this thread.

2 Likes

Voted! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for organizing this! So much fun to see all the wonderful creative things people made!

1 Like

Congratulations to @Abbeeroad! Your Plague Doctor has won the costume contest!

3 Likes

Woohoo! Thanks all! :black_heart::black_heart:

Congratulations, Abbie!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada:

1 Like