REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Quiddtich Season 2024

Prompt/Challenge Title: Housecraft Challenge, Molly’s stash
Project Name & Page Link: crocheted baby booties
Team: Fitchberg Finches
Brief Description: I used leftover yarn from a baby afghan to create a matching pair of baby booties. Fast Crochet Baby Booties (A Free and Easy Pattern) - Maisie and Ruth

Prompt/Challenge Title: Preseason Training
Project Name & Page Link: crocheted baby booties
Brief Description: A pair of pink baby booties. The site has a great video that goes along with the pattern. Fast Crochet Baby Booties (A Free and Easy Pattern) - Maisie and Ruth

5 Likes

The shawl is lovely, and the crocodile is adorable in his wee little party hat!

2 Likes

@tendstowardschaos - Great projects! I love the cardigan and the octopuses are so cute!
@PrincessP - Home grown corn is so good! & great sashiko! I bought a book about it a while ago, but haven’t tried it yet.
@skrutt - Your shawl looks great, and the crocodile is so cute!
@plaidpineapple - Your booties are adorable!

~

Prompt/Challenge Title: Beater
Project Name & Page Link: Spiral Cactus Pair
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: local hospital’s Long Term Care unit (plant sale fundraiser for resident activity fund)
Team: Thundelarra Thunderers
Brief Description: I crocheted a pair of spiral cacti!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Bludger
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Succulents
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: local hospital’s Long Term Care unit (plant sale fundraiser for resident activity fund)
Brief Description: I crocheted some succulents! The brown ‘soil’ bases are quite round!

One of the succulents is upside down in this picture so you can see the base!

5 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Keeper
Project Name & Page Link: Vintage Ditsy Floral Dresses
Brief Description: I jealously hoard the remains of my ever-shrinking vintage fabric stash. I finally found the right occasion to use this, which started out life as part of a blouse (the upper right chest, if the remains of a collar and dart are anything to go on). Not sure what decade it’s from, but it was one of my favorites.

5 Likes

@Trillian - Your tiny dresses are so cute & I love the tiny floral print!

~

Prompt/Challenge Title: Seven
Project Name & Page Link: 7 Baby Octopuses
Brief Description: I made 7 baby octopuses! These were even made from 100% stash! :grin:

Baby Octopus pattern (youtube link) - though I used a pdf that I can’t find a link to anymore

5 Likes

Hehehe cute!! What will you do with them?

1 Like

Thanks! They’ll go in my box of finished things until I find something to do with them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Chaser
Project Name & Page Link: Disney Wonder Coasters
Team: :cloud_with_lightning: Thundelarra Thunderers :cloud_with_lightning: :orange_heart: :cloud_with_lightning:
Brief Description:
These coasters are made with 3 layers: Cork fabric on the bottom, felt in the middle and then a faux leather on top. They were lots of fun to make (one at a time) and I got in a good rhythm towards the end :stuck_out_tongue: More info in project link.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Seven
Project Name & Page Link: Headphone Holders
Team: :cloud_with_lightning: Thundelarra Thunderers :cloud_with_lightning: :orange_heart: :cloud_with_lightning:
Brief Description:
For this project I created 7 headphone holders out of plywood. I cut them on a laser cutter at a library maker space in Melbourne and then assembled them at home. They took quite a while but turned out great and were very well received :slight_smile: More info in project link.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice #1
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Koi Sashiko Panel
Brief Description:
This was my first time using rainbow sashiko thread and I really loved it! I worked on this panel in the first week of my school holidays. I find sashiko panels such a mindful activity and feel a bit lost when I finish a design.

6 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Goal Hoops
Project Name & Page Link: Grey Work Skirt
Team: Sumbawanga Sunrays
Brief Description: My ultimate goal with garment sewing has been to make pieces that I feel are well-made enough to wear in my corporate environment, and this is the first one that passes the check! The button placket is a little wonky (there was definitely a little bit of stretch and the pattern is meant for wovens), but presses out okay enough. The pattern is Simplicity 9267, made with mystery stash fabric.

8 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Beater Bats
Project Name & Page Link: Vintage Floral Junk Journal Folio
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Junk Journal Add-Ins Swap
Team: Toyohashi Tengu
Brief Description: This was such a fun project for a great swap partner, and almost everything came right out of my stash. Except the folder I used for the base, lol. I will definitely make more of these - they hold so much!

5 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Pre-season Training
Project Name & Page Link: Big Sur Cumulus Blouse
Brief Description: This tee isn’t my first knit top, nor will it be my last. I loved this pattern and will likely be knitting another version of this top for cooler weather, and soon!

6 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you! I honestly didn’t expect, when I started it, to like it as much as I do. Very pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Oooh! Pretty sweater! I’m working on a sweater for myself finally, though, I’ve stalled out lately. I’ve always been too chicken to make anything but shrugs for myself. That’s really inspiring! Loving the junk folio as well!

So many fun projects from everyone. I’ve been in a big slump, myself. I feel excited to do something and look at patterns and ideas, and then feel like all my will to actually craft has drained away. I need a kick in the pants, lol. Looking at everyone’s projects is helping, though.

3 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: preseason training
Project Name & Page Link: cooling neckties
**Team:**sumbugwana
Brief Description: i make and sell these through the summer, I’ve made more than I can remember.

3 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice (#1)
Project Name & Page Link: Secret Knowledge Junk Journal Folio
Brief Description: When I need a break from everything, I like to go play with my piles of paper-crafting stuff. This folio, waiting to be filled with secret knowledge, fell out of the chaos this week.

4 Likes

Everyone’s making awesome things!

~

Prompt/Challenge Title: Beater Bats
Project Name & Page Link: 4x6 Mushroom Art
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: 4x6 Art Swap Round 9
Brief Description: I used wooden colored pencils to made some mushroom themed art for the 4x6 art swap! I forgot to get a better picture after I cut it out, so it’s surrounded by scribbles. :laughing:

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice #1
Project Name & Page Link: June ATCs
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Ongoing ATC Swap, June 2024
Brief Description: For the June ATC swap, I made some ATCs! The quilt one is marker with colored pencil on top, and the korok and turtle duck ones are colored pencil.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Keeper
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Flower Mandala
Brief Description: I used some of my good yarn to make a rainbow flower mandala!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Snitch
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Hissy Snake
Brief Description: I used yarn scraps to crochet a scrappy snake with erratic color changes! He ended up a little over 3 ft (0.914 m) long!

3 Likes

The snake is such a sweet little nope rope! And I love the whimsical mushroom art.

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Curious Junk Journal Folio
Brief Description: Another junk journal folio, with a conspiracy theory-style randomness. Perfect for jotting down notes from the depths of the rabbit hole.

5 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Chaser
Project Name & Page Link: Purple Drum Carder Batts
Brief Description: This group of three purple batts was carded to coordinate and ply with 4 oz of commercial top that I spun up. It’s mostly merino top, with a little bit of darker mystery wool, alpaca and silk.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Quaffle
Project Name & Page Link: Red dyed Pants
Brief Description: I found these wide leg jeans at the thrift store, but they were white and pretty stained at the bottom. I bleached them up and dyed them red (though they look way more orange in the picture than they are in real life) - I was hoping for a little darker than what I ended up with, but I was determined to use up stash dyes and also only had so much patience for stirring boiling dye pots in my garage when it was 90 degrees out. The stitching was clearly polyester since it took very little dye. But they are wearable and out of limbo, which is good enough for now!

6 Likes