REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Quiddtich Season 2024

Prompt/Challenge Title: Housecraft Challenge, Molly’s stash
Project Name & Page Link: crocheted baby booties
Team: Fitchberg Finches
Brief Description: I used leftover yarn from a baby afghan to create a matching pair of baby booties. Fast Crochet Baby Booties (A Free and Easy Pattern) - Maisie and Ruth

Prompt/Challenge Title: Preseason Training
Project Name & Page Link: crocheted baby booties
Brief Description: A pair of pink baby booties. The site has a great video that goes along with the pattern. Fast Crochet Baby Booties (A Free and Easy Pattern) - Maisie and Ruth

5 Likes

The shawl is lovely, and the crocodile is adorable in his wee little party hat!

2 Likes

@tendstowardschaos - Great projects! I love the cardigan and the octopuses are so cute!
@PrincessP - Home grown corn is so good! & great sashiko! I bought a book about it a while ago, but haven’t tried it yet.
@skrutt - Your shawl looks great, and the crocodile is so cute!
@plaidpineapple - Your booties are adorable!

~

Prompt/Challenge Title: Beater
Project Name & Page Link: Spiral Cactus Pair
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: local hospital’s Long Term Care unit (plant sale fundraiser for resident activity fund)
Team: Thundelarra Thunderers
Brief Description: I crocheted a pair of spiral cacti!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Bludger
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Succulents
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: local hospital’s Long Term Care unit (plant sale fundraiser for resident activity fund)
Brief Description: I crocheted some succulents! The brown ‘soil’ bases are quite round!

One of the succulents is upside down in this picture so you can see the base!

5 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Keeper
Project Name & Page Link: Vintage Ditsy Floral Dresses
Brief Description: I jealously hoard the remains of my ever-shrinking vintage fabric stash. I finally found the right occasion to use this, which started out life as part of a blouse (the upper right chest, if the remains of a collar and dart are anything to go on). Not sure what decade it’s from, but it was one of my favorites.

5 Likes

@Trillian - Your tiny dresses are so cute & I love the tiny floral print!

~

Prompt/Challenge Title: Seven
Project Name & Page Link: 7 Baby Octopuses
Brief Description: I made 7 baby octopuses! These were even made from 100% stash! :grin:

Baby Octopus pattern (youtube link) - though I used a pdf that I can’t find a link to anymore

5 Likes

Hehehe cute!! What will you do with them?

1 Like

Thanks! They’ll go in my box of finished things until I find something to do with them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Chaser
Project Name & Page Link: Disney Wonder Coasters
Team: :cloud_with_lightning: Thundelarra Thunderers :cloud_with_lightning: :orange_heart: :cloud_with_lightning:
Brief Description:
These coasters are made with 3 layers: Cork fabric on the bottom, felt in the middle and then a faux leather on top. They were lots of fun to make (one at a time) and I got in a good rhythm towards the end :stuck_out_tongue: More info in project link.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Seven
Project Name & Page Link: Headphone Holders
Team: :cloud_with_lightning: Thundelarra Thunderers :cloud_with_lightning: :orange_heart: :cloud_with_lightning:
Brief Description:
For this project I created 7 headphone holders out of plywood. I cut them on a laser cutter at a library maker space in Melbourne and then assembled them at home. They took quite a while but turned out great and were very well received :slight_smile: More info in project link.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice #1
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Koi Sashiko Panel
Brief Description:
This was my first time using rainbow sashiko thread and I really loved it! I worked on this panel in the first week of my school holidays. I find sashiko panels such a mindful activity and feel a bit lost when I finish a design.

5 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Goal Hoops
Project Name & Page Link: Grey Work Skirt
Team: Sumbawanga Sunrays
Brief Description: My ultimate goal with garment sewing has been to make pieces that I feel are well-made enough to wear in my corporate environment, and this is the first one that passes the check! The button placket is a little wonky (there was definitely a little bit of stretch and the pattern is meant for wovens), but presses out okay enough. The pattern is Simplicity 9267, made with mystery stash fabric.

7 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Beater
Project Name & Page Link: Vintage Floral Junk Journal Folio
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Junk Journal Add-Ins Swap
Team: Toyohashi Tengu
Brief Description: This was such a fun project for a great swap partner, and almost everything came right out of my stash. Except the folder I used for the base, lol. I will definitely make more of these - they hold so much!

4 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Pre-season Training
Project Name & Page Link: Big Sur Cumulus Blouse
Team: Toyohashi Tengu
Brief Description: This tee isn’t my first knit top, nor will it be my last. I loved this pattern and will likely be knitting another version of this top for cooler weather, and soon!

4 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you! I honestly didn’t expect, when I started it, to like it as much as I do. Very pleasantly surprised.