CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

Prompt: May - Research project
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Revamped art journal
Project Link: revamped art journal
Description: I took an incompleted art journal and revamped most of the pages. I’ve been working on it steadily for 2 months.

A few of the pages

5 Likes

Prompt: Quarantine – In a freak Snowstorm?
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Painted Rocks for my Sister
Project Link: Painted Rocks
Brief Description: These will be hidden in my sisters garden and she will find them unexpectedly.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: May: Rancor
Project Name and Link: Assemblage Art
Brief Description: Assemblage: Taking found items and making art!
Project Photo:

6 Likes

Prompt: May Battle: Jedi
Project Name: sleepy sloth ATC
Brief Description: I imagine it takes some kind of Jedi powers to not fall out of a tree when sleeping! :wink:
Project Photos:

Prompt: April - Twitter
Project Name: Rosy Throated Grosbeak ATC
Brief Description: It has a bird and a light blue background!
Project Photos:

Prompt: April - Facebook
Project Name: Strawberry Finch ATC
Brief Description: This cute little finch has a cute little face. :wink:
Project Photos:

Prompt: May - Wicket
Project Name: soccer ball sloth ATC
Brief Description: Sloths are furry, cute and brown!
Project Photos:

4 Likes

I love these! Thanks for swapping them! I have to apologize to you, though, as I mis-named one. It’s rose- breasted, not rosy- throated grosbeak. Totally my mistake!! (Pretty sure I wrote it wrong on my posts, too!) The more we know, amiright?

3 Likes

no worries :blush: Thanks for letting me know about the name! :blue_heart: And I’m so happy you guys enjoyed them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Prompt: Quarantine – Verily, is that a funnel cloud?
Project Name: Felt Black Cat
Project Link: Dahlia the cat
Brief Description: I love making these felt little creatures. This one is based on my real cat Dahlia. I didn’t realize that the black felt would absorb so much light. She’s still cute. I had to make up the pattern for her shoes and dress.
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

She’s adorable!

2 Likes

Super cute! I love her!

2 Likes

Prompt: May - Battle - Jedi
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: pizzas
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made pizzas last week for dinner. My BIL (@QueenHobo’s husband) made the dough and put the pizza in and out of the oven for me (I’m afraid of the oven… I tend to burn myself), but I constructed each pizza. We got a round of mmmmmmm’s, some nommy’s from Grumpy Frog (the highest praise she gives), and in fact I never even got a pic or a slice of the pepperoni and olive pizza, which was devoured in about two minutes. So it was good, like Jedi.

I made a pepperoni and black olive, a four cheese with olives on half, a Hawaiian, a bbq chicken pizza, and my calzone. Mmmmmm
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April Theme - Facebook
Project Name: Koi & Wave Tiara
Project Link: Koi & Wave Tiara
Brief Description: I’ve been meaning to make a tiara like piece for a while, and have also been wanting to make a fish. The fish has a face - which I’m very proud of :smiley:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: Spring Quarantine Bonus Prompt - In a Freak Snowstorm?
Project Name: Crane Obidomes
Project Link: Crane Obidomes
Brief Description: I love cranes, and their elaborate mating dances. :smiley: They are also snowy white.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: May Theme - R2D2
Project Name: Kati’s Wedding Set
Project Link: Kati's Wedding Set
Brief Description: The pigment I used on these resin spider lilies is a metallic blue/purple a/b powder that, as I found out, is often used on high end fancy car paint jobs. :smiley: Very mechanical indeed.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: May: JarJar Binks
Project Name and Link: Fanciful Bird in the Clouds!
Brief Description: This fanciful bird is full of energy dancing in the clouds!
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: In a Freak Snowstorm (Spring Quarantine)
Project Name: Spice Cake Brownies
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made this spice cake, which was unexpected, because the recipe was for cake mix brownies. The cake itself is a success, just not very brownie-like save for a strip in the middle.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: R2D2 (May)
Project Name: Sweet Potato Taco Pasta
Brief Description: I made this for dinner the other night. It was useful for satisfying both my hunger and the vision I had for it. (Ideally, the sweet potato/corn/bean mix would have been a taco filling, but I didn’t have anything resembling a taco shell, so I settled for mixing it w/leftover pasta.)
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

I bet that taco mix was great with the pasta! And the spice cake looks delicious. I love to top mine with peaches and whipped cream! :yum:

Cute lil birdie! The crocheted clouds are just right!

2 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #2
Project Name: Masks for Raffle
Brief Description: I am offering this set of two masks (one men’s size and one women’s size) as a prize in the June raffle.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: May - Wicket
Project Name: Boomer Hoop
Project Link: Boomer Hoop
Brief Description: I made this hoop of Boomer from Animal Crossing just for ME! And he is SUPER cute. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

so cute!!

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project #1
Project Name: SO MANY MASKS
Project Link: ROUND 2: Craftalongs Challenge - Lettuce Help Our Communities
Brief Description: I decided to just post the rest of my masks as a research project. My mom and I have been making LOADS. We just finished 11 more today, 9 yesterday, and 15 the day before. I’ve lost track of how many we’ve made total so far but we’ve already given away over 75.
Project Photo(s):
Here are a couple of random photos of our workstation:

3 Likes