CLOSED - Nerd Games - Fall 2023

@LovelyMiss - I enjoy all your gift buffet photos! :slight_smile: And the pottery is gorgeous! I especially love one with the blue. :slight_smile:

@megwell - such a wonderful junk journal! :slight_smile:

@craftADDchick & @Bunny1kenobi - fun costumes!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@megwell That journal looks so fun! I bet you can’t wait to play with it!

@LovelyMiss your gift buffet is next level! I love seeing what you make for that!

Care Bears! There’s a blast from the past! Your costumes turned out cute, @craftADDchick!

3 Likes

Fact :laughing:. I was trying to build it using only kit stuff, and one of the reasons I decided to call it done was so I could start adding other stuff.

5 Likes

I got your bonus points :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prompt: November- MacGuyver
Team: Gourd of the Rings
Project Name: Blessing ATC
Project Link: Blessing- a family ATC
Brief Description: this has lots of blue.
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: I Put a Spell on You (Advent)
Project Name: Candy ATC
Project Link: A Couple of October Swap ATCs
Brief Description: This is stuck together with adhesives.
Project Photo

Prompt: Psycho Killer (Advent)
Project Name: Gentleman ATC
Project Link: A Couple of October Swap ATCs
Brief Description: Lining up the head, body, and interactive suit took meticulous detail.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Uncharted (October)
Project Name: Lips ATC
Project Link: Pick-3 ATCs
Note This is a running post I’ve added this project to. The original post is from outside this season, but the project I’m claiming was made and added to it this season. Totally understand if that’s not eligible for the bonus points; figured it was worth taking the shot.
Brief Description: I made this for my ongoing pick-3 collection because I listed that theme again last month. It’s got a lot of blue. (Masterboard base by photojenn.)
Project Photo:

5 Likes

OMGosh that gentleman ATC cracks me up!!!

1 Like

@megwell, that mysterious man cracks me up as well, lol! I like the “masterboard flavoured” candy, and I think the running lips are funny, too. And that junk journal is just :heart: I love seeing how everyone has bound theirs; so neat! And I like how you altered the cards to provide some writing space, too. And that’s too bad the post ate your first greeting card, but this second one is beautiful!

@Bunny1kenobi what a beautiful ATC (I also read your community post), and a beautiful, loving story to go along with it. It’s so wonderful to have some art to remember that special moment. I also love your ghost robe; that’s really well made!

@craftADDchick Care Bears! So cute :heart: I grew up with them, not on TV but as toys, I remember having at least 2 stuffies. I love your dedication to help your team look its best :slight_smile:

@LovelyMiss Your felted wool ball trivets are so pretty and colourful! Ad wow; you did a great job with the fabric marker on those socks; they look like they came that way from the store! What cute gnomes, too :slight_smile: I think I missed a post about your gift buffet and I’m very intrigued—could you share the link where you explain it? The pottery is just gorgeous; I would love to learn some day, too. Have you done both wheel and hand thrown? If so, which one do you like best?

3 Likes

Prompt: Old-School Stakeout (November Battle)
Project Name: Lucille Pinball
Project Link: Lucille Pinball
Brief Description: I made this today at a library program. Pinball feels old-school (as does I Love Lucy), and cardboard is definitely not the highest-tech material.
Project Photo:

5 Likes

Funny! But it’s pinball! How fun!

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Team: So Corn-fused
Project Name: Candles
Project Link: Soy Wax Candles
Brief Description: I made candles again! I’m submitting them as a research project because I upped my game pretty drastically this year, making almost all of my own custom scent blends, which I’ve never done before. I got little scent test strips and everything, lol. I wanted to quit several times. People requested scents (at my prompting), but many of them were scents I don’t like. I also get headaches from smells very easily (WHY did I choose this craft?!). It was a barf-y feeling several days. I went waaaay overboard with all the blends I chose to try. But I’m happy with the end products, so it was worth it. There’s more info in the link!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: MI-5 (November)
Project Name: Zine
Project Link: Back Home Again in Zine-diana
Brief Description: Made for the Zine swap. The process had more than 5 steps.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Gone Till November (Advent)
Project Name: Fall drink page
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Made for the November Craft This in Your Style prompt. The ice cubes require liquid :crazy_face:.
Project Photo: Oh hey look, it’s my junk journal!

5 Likes

Oh my, that’s a LOT of candles! You really sacrificed for this gift buffet! And making your own scent blends- how cool is THAT?!!

1 Like

This is a hilarious craft this in your style project! So clever, too!

2 Likes

Prompt: research project
Team: don’t stop Beleafing
Project Name: elegant elephant blanket
Project Link: Elegant elephant 🐘 blanket
Brief Description: this took me 26 days and more than 73,500 stitches.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

The elephant is so beautiful! What a labor of love!

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning! What an epic triumph!

1 Like

Prompt: October Uncharted
Project Name: Felt Yeti
Project Link Felt Yeti Ornaments
Brief Description: This little Yeti is so cold that It has turned blue.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November – Old Skool Stakeout
Project Name: Felt Yeti
Project Linkhttps://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/felt-yeti-ornaments/26972
Brief Description: To catch a Yeti, many have spent many nights in the woods in an old-skool style stakeout!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

This trio makes me smile every time I see them. So cute!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Oh November you cruel, cruel month. Why must NaNoWriMo fall in you as well as nearly my entire family’s birthdays?.. I finished NaNoWriMo with 72,304 words today! Here are my meager submissions for the month.

Prompt: November Battle Old School Stake Out
Team: so corn fused
Project Name: NoOnion French Dip
Brief Description: Hubs is still allergic to onions so an “old school STEAKout” classic French dip, turned out ok, few tweaks needed for future
picture:

Prompt: Zap 1
Project Name: 50th birthday countdown jokes
Brief Description: still counting down to hubs 50th here are more of the doodle dad jokes/groaners for him
picture:

Prompt: Zap 2
Brief Description: still counting down to hubs 50th here are more of the doodle dad jokes/groaners for him
picture:

Prompt: Zap 3
picture:

Prompt: Zap 4
picture:

Prompt: Zap 5
picture:

Prompt: October the Librarians
Brief Description: the last of the dad jokes/groaners with words for the countdown
picture:

Prompt: November Chuck
Project Name: Levi Simpsonized cake
Brief Description- My eldest turned 27 this year and so I simpsonized him. I have transferred this way so many times, this time it didn’t work, but it tasted great
Picture:

Prompt: November MacGyver
Team: so cornfused
Project Name: blueberry cobbler cake
Brief Description- I improvised this. My youngest son for his birthday wanted this blueberry cobbler where you have blueberry pie filling, cake mix, and soda… it is too sweet and no one but Lore are any. he trusted me & I combined blueberries & a tried & true cake recipe. it was delicious and all eaten that night
Picture:

Prompt: November Burn Notice
Team: So cornfused
Project Name: Lemon Blackberry icecream
Brief Description- made a quick icecream for one niece’s birthday
Picture:

Prompt: Feed My Frankenstein
Team: So cornfused
Project Name: More apple pies
Brief Description- My niece doesn’t like sweets & can’t eat eggs so this is always her vote for dessert. I find apple pie annoying to make

3 Likes