Nerd Games - Spring 2024

Prompt: June Battle - Storytime Jokes
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Rainbow Card Pack
Project Link:
Brief Description: I put together and sent a rainbow themed card pack for my letter writing group. I went with story time jokes, since you’re kind of telling a story when you write a letter. I rainbowed the outside with acrylic paint pens.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - Knock Knock
Project Name: Orange juice
Project Link:
Brief Description: I had a lot of citrus to use and I made juice. I suppose it’s for the home, as in we drank it in our house, and it required not necessarily hammering, but aggression. :smiley:

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - Blonde
Project Name: Tie Dye Shirt 1
Project Link:
Brief Description: On a whim I decided we should tie dye shirts for my birthday. I don’t even really like tie dye, but there we were anyway! I made three shirts, two I took home, and one for my uncle. This one was made using all the leftover dye and features yellow, and isn’t most woven fabric technically made from a lot of thin strands?

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - How many…lightbulb
Project Name: Tie Dye Shirt 2
Project Link:
Brief Description: I got help from my mom to binder this shirt after I folded the pattern and it started out white.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - Slapstick/physical comedy
Project Name: Tie Dye Shirt 3
Project Link:
Brief Description: Well, this ended up unintentionally silly. I just made up a folding pattern when I was making this shirt for my uncle. I shouldn’t have done that. The pattern ended up looking like something rather ^ahem^ adult when it was done. LOL! Oops.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - …walks into a bar
Project Name: Rude Dog Shirt 1
Project Link:
Brief Description: I got requests to make two sublimated Rude Dog shirts. I had to find an image, upscale and appropriately size and proportion it for printing and placement, print the images, prepare the shirts, and heat press them. Since it was such a big design, I had to print on separate pieces of paper and get it all trimmed, lined up, and connected. It was actually kind of a pain, and there are a few imperfections that bother me, but they both turned out pretty okay.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free-Range
Project Name: Rude Dog Shirt 2
Project Link:
Brief Description: Second shirt.

Project Photo(s):

See above.

Project Name: Mindfulness Desk Kit 1
Project Link:
Brief Description: I had the opportunity to do an event and wanted to bring little thank you gifts that would be cute and promote my business. I put two of these together.

Project Photo(s):

Project Name: Mindfulness Desk Kit 2
Project Link:
Brief Description: Second one.

Project Photo(s):

See above.

2 Likes

I just wanted to let everyone know, I am going to be out of town over the next week. Don’t forget to submit for your Spring pins! Please still submit your claim forms by the end of the season. I’ll be shipping out Nerd Games packages when I return!

I have some fun pin and award events cooking for Summer. :grin:

2 Likes

Prompt: June- walks into a bar
Team: *Running with scissors
Project Name: Apocalypse coasters
Project Link:
Brief Description: these feature clear vinyl on top so that moisture won’t ruin them.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range #5
Project Name: Loki- a family ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: made this for my DILs bday.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range #6
Project Name: Cheatie ceviche
Project Link: Cheatie Ceviche
Brief Description: perfect for summer
Project Photo(s):

1 Like

Prompt: June Battle - One Liners
Project Name: Whale Amigurumi
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description:
Whale, Whale, Whale, what have we here? A terrible whale one-liner?
What’s a whale’s favorite motivational quote?
Where there’s a whale, there’s a way
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - Knock Knock
Project Name: Washcloth number… nine hundred?
Brief Description: It’s another washcloth… (in my defense, some of these are going to be donated to the historical place in town that sells them in their gift shop!)
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - Blonde
Project Name: Striped washcloth
Brief Description: It’s both kinda yellow and made of long thing strands!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - How many…
Project Name: Blue Chenille Bunny Cube
Brief Description: The worst part about amigurumi for me is sewing it together in the end, but luckily these cube critters don’t have too many parts!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - …walks into a bar
Project Name: …dishcloth? Barcloth?
Brief Description: I really need to branch out in my crafting…
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time 2
Project Name: Elephant
Brief Description: This was quite the game of yarn chicken, you can see how much was left… and what I found out partway through was that this is discontinued yarn! I did change up the pattern a little, but I think it turned out okay!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time 3
Project Name: Washcloths and a face scrubby B-Day Present!
Brief Description: A present for my friend, she loves these washcloths!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 2
Project Name: Really Ugly Potholders
Brief Description: Made these for work, not going to lie, they are garish and maybe a little too thick, I might pull them apart and do a different pattern?
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 3
Project Name: Face Scrubbies
Brief Description: Trying to use up the rest of the 24/7 Cotton that I hate, it’s splitty and I found three sections that were frayed through in the middle of the skein… I didn’t have enough left for a washcloth, but thought I’d give the little face scrubbers a try!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 4
Project Name: Purple Chenille Kitty
Brief Description: Cube kitty!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 5
Project Name: Paw Print Washcloth
Brief Description: …another one… at least it’s a little more interesting than the corner to corner ones?
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 6
Project Name: Grey C2C
Brief Description: …speaking of boring…
Project Photo(s):

2 Likes

Prompt: research project
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: shoebill design
Brief Description: I spent 25+ hours designing and editing to make this into a mosaic pattern. I haven’t worked it up yet, but I thought I’d share the design portion
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: free range
Project Name: peek a boo c2c design
Project Link:
Brief Description: I haven’t worked this up, but I made a simple corner to corner blanket design.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: free range
Project Name: I see you
Project Link:
Brief Description: and another. This set would be great for twins! I hope to have the pattern ready to go soon.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April - You’re kind of a big dill
Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: Thank you cards
Project Link: Machine Embroidered Thank You Cards
Brief Description: While the cardstock on these cards is smooth, the thread gives the cards a bit of a bumpy texture.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Lettuce craft
Project Name: Handmade tags
Project Link: Machine Embroidered Tags
Brief Description: One of the things I love about LettuceCraft is seeing all the handmade goods everyone makes. These handmade tags are handmade (with the help of a machine :wink:)
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - You’re one in a melon
Project Name: Desert Sunset Feathers
Project Link: The feathers that nearly killed Thread Astaire
Brief Description: These feathers are striped in desert sunset colors.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Let’s taco 'bout crafts
Project Name: Thank you tags
Project Link: Machine Embroidered Tags
Brief Description: These tags are made out three different materials - cardstock, fabric, and thread.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Spread hap-pea-ness
Project Name: Handmade twill tags
Brief Description: I made these tags to attach to various handmade gifts.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 1
Project Name: Bluejay feathers
Project Link: The feathers that nearly killed Thread Astaire
Brief Description: These feathers really took a toll on my embroidery machine, but I was determined to finish them so I could donate them to the LC garage sale.
Project Photo(s): (Post photos of your awesome craft here, so we can ooh and aah over it!)

Prompt: Big Time 1
Project Name: I’ll be in my office wall hanging
Project Link: The original version of this project (complete with the tutorial that I used to make this one
Brief Description: I asked myself, ‘I know this took you forever, but did it take five hours?’ The answer was yes. Between ironing the canvas (which I spent waaay too much time on), locating components, and stitching everything (and that’s not counting while the machine was stitching), this did indeed take at least five hours.
Project Photo(s): (Post photos of your awesome craft here, so we can ooh and aah over it!)

4 Likes

Prompt: May - Birds of a Feather Flock Together / You Will Soon Meet a New Friend
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Flowers in a jar
Project Link: Machine embroidered Mother’s Day cards
Brief Description: Both the flowers and the jars on these cards are multicolored.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - The Clothes Make the Man / You Will Soon Get an Unexpected Makeover.
Project Name: Book bag
Brief Description: This bag (which is made from cloth) is green in that unlike single use bags, this bag can be used over and over and over again.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - Practice Makes Perfect / You Will Soon be Rewarded for Your Hard Work and Practice.
Project Name: Clue Strip
Brief Description: This is the fourth clue strip I have made. Unfortunately, I need more practice as I made the same mistake with this strip as I have with at least one other strip in the past.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time #2
Project Name: Highland cows
Project Link: Just look at that glorious hair!
Brief Description: I made these cows for the LC garage sale.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time #3
Project Name: “Create” bag
Brief Description: I started this bag with the intention of giving it to my mom for her birthday. Unfortunately, as the date drew nearer, I realized it would not be done in time, so I set it aside. I am happy to report that I did eventually resume work on it and it became a Mother’s Day gift instead!
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: Zap #1
Team: Running with scissors
Project Name: Pasta Salad 3
Brief Description: This pasta salad features tomatoes, cheese, chicken and a parmesan garlic wing sauce.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap #2
Project Name: Pasta Salad 1
Brief Description: This pasta salad features ranch, bacon, cheese, chicken, and tomatoes.

Prompt: Zap #3
Project Name: Pasta Salad 2
Brief Description: This pasta salad features corn, chicken, cotija cheese, mayo, and flaming hot cheetos to give that extra bit of tastiness! So far, this has been my favorite of the three pasta salads. I’ve made the other two once each, but I’ve made this one three times.

3 Likes