Everyday Holidays Craftalong February 2024

Thank you for including my short order pizza cook!! He will be pleased!!
I think it is fun to share pervious projects! We’re a pretty prolific group so it is easy to sort of forget about what’s gone before. This is a great way to refresh people’s memory and enjoyment! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you like the inclusion of links for previous projects! It’s a great way for me to explore the site more, too :two_hearts:

1 Like

For Library Lovers Month, I have been sharing library haul videos on TikTok. The hauls include books of various sorts, some of which are for marking Black History Month. :heart:

For Freedom to Read Week, I’ve started reading Lolita… I’m not sure I’ll ever finish it… :grimacing:

2 Likes

About to have some pizza on pizza day!
:pizza:

2 Likes

We had pizza for dinner yesterday in honor of the holiday! :wink:

2 Likes

:tada:

Happy Pulses Day!

How about making some delicious food to celebrate? Here are just some recipes for inspiration:

Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit…

Tarragon and bean stew (vegan) by @Annchen

Refried Beans by @geekgirl

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers by @megwell

Lemon and Herb White Bean Spread by @MistressJennie

Lentils, Lentils, Lentils

Not feeling the beans? How about trying some lentil recipes instead?

This delicious red lentil soup by yours truly is always a success at our house. It also happens to be vegan.

Here’s another vegan recipe—Mediterranean Red Lentil Soup by @MistressJennie

Need more meat than just pulses in your life? Try this Lentil Chicken Curry Soup by @LaughingCat.

:tada: Today is also:

• Plimsoll Day (Samuel Plimsoll, Englishman credited with making ships safer)

• Cream Cheese Brownie Day

• Home Warranty Day

• Umbrella Day

Happy celebrating!

4 Likes

I have added more resources and ideas all the way to February 20th.

I hope to see some of your creations this month :heart:

Here are the feeding tube pads I made for Feeding Tube Awareness week.

8 Likes

Those are great!! Very cheerful!!

My husband had a feeding tube for some while when he was in the hospital that I eventually designed and made harness (for lack of a better word) to hold it in place and with less discomfort to his nose. Nurses thought I should have patented it.
Eventually my husband got fed up with the whole thing and asked to just let him drink the stuff (which he could manage).

5 Likes

Beautiful, useful, and thoughtful. These are great :heart:.

For creative romance month, I’ve decided to have a living room picnic with my husband. I’m going to surprise him with a bottle of wine and these:

If they turn out, I’ll share the recipe on the main site later :heart: :strawberry: :chocolate_bar: :heart:

5 Likes

:tada: Happy Peppermint Patty Day!

You could celebrate by attempting to make peppermint patties… or you could just admire this pair of peppermint patty fingerless gloves by @mel

Today is also:

• International Day of Women and Girls in Science

• World Day of the Sick

• Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day

• Inventor’s Day

• Make a Friend Day

• Shut-In Visitation Day

• White Shirt Day (commemorating the day a historic auto worker strike resolved on Feb. 11th, 1937)

Don’t forget to share your projects that might fit into any of the holidays in February :heart:

4 Likes

Happy Peppermint Patty Day!

5 Likes

:tada: Happy Galentine’s Day!

:girl: :girl: Check out the great GALentine’s GALlery! for ideas on how to celebrate your gal pals!

:tada: Today is also:

World Radio Day

:radio: Just look at these super cute miniature radios by @Bunny1kenobi, and these really cool upcycled earrings using radio transistors by @Reese52

Cheddar Day

:cheese: So many recipes… so little time! Just search “cheddar” on Lettuce Craft if you need ideas for dinner tonight. It is Fat Tuesday for those observing, so… use up all that fatty delicious cheese :heart:

Tortellini Day

:stew: Not over “pumpkin spice everything” yet? Try out this Pumpkin Spice Tortellini by @CatwithSevenToes.

3 Likes

Today for lunch I had a delicious sandwich on a baguette featuring lots of “Tex Mex” shredded cheese, which contains lots of cheddar.

I observe Lent, so today (final day before lent begins on Ash Wednesday) I’ll be eating lots of treats and eating a delicious dinner with the family. Looking forward to the yumminess :heart: But because Ash Wednesday falls on the same day as Valentine’s Day this year, we will be giving the kids a nice “treat” breakfast" before we begin our observance.

2 Likes

I had a frozen dinner that had some cheddar in it.

1 Like

That sounds really neat, I can only imagine the discomfort an NG tube would cause :grimacing: .

2 Likes

The way they had the tube rigged up and taped eventually caused a permanent indentation on one of his nostrils. When I noticed that (because he never complained about anything) that I came up with the “harness”.

That sounds awful! Thank goodness you not only noticed, but were able to come up with a solution as well!

1 Like

My husband was certainly grateful!! Later he just got them to let him drink the stuff which worked a lot better. :wink:

2 Likes

So great that you were able to create something that worked for him in the meantime, though!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I’m too tired to put all the other stuff for today here, lol! Bu they’re all listed at the top of the thread :slight_smile:

I didn’t do anything for Valentine’s Day, but the kids and I created a display for Lent. The kids did do Valentine’s crafts too, but honestly I only had energy for one craft today, especially since we had a really busy day with activities outside the home.

3 Likes