CLOSED - Nerd Games - Winter 2024

Welcome back @Inselaeffchen. I am sorry you have had some rough times, but I hope getting back into the Games helps motivate your mojo and brings you joy! Looking forward to see how you interpret the prompts. Have fun!!!

4 Likes

Yay! Glad to see you again, @Inselaeffchen !

4 Likes

New year, where did it’s first month go?
Jumping in again.

Prompt: January Battle - Tortoise :turtle:
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Stuffed Veggies
Project Link: Stuffed Veggies
Brief Description:
I made a big pot of stuffed vegetables for a family dinner this month. The process is somewhat lengthy, and it cooks slowly over low heat. So, it’s slow and steady, but I feel like a winner when I serve and eat it.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I promise to (try to) comment on all the amazing things posted tomorrow, but for now, I’m panic posting my battle at the last moment!

Prompt: January Battle - Tortoise
Project Name: Blinged up Walker
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: What do you so when your belly dance bestie is going through some health issues and is having problems walking? You bling up her walker to look like a belly dance skirt!
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Prompt: January Battle- Hare
Project Name: Crocheted Sponge
Project Link: coming soon
Brief Description: I needed something quick to make tonight so I could get a project done for the Battle! And, while I’m not the fastest at crocheting, I was able to knock this out in about an hour and a half (while talking on the phone). So, that’s speedy for me :laughing: I stitched up a strip that was 15 stitches across (I used half double crochet), and a length that would be sponge-sized when folded in thirds. Once I hit that length, I crocheted the layers together with a single crochet border (adding a little loop for hanging, too!).

Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: January-The 2 Pots
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Doing His Best -a family ATC
Project Link: Doing his best- a family ATC
Brief Description: My son has brown hair.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January-The miser
Project Name: Tree painting
Project Link:
Brief Description: I always want to enter the Craft This in Your Style craftalong but time always seems to get away from me and I don’t get to it. This month I managed to barely squeak one in. Not my best work, but it’s practice!

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

So glad you’re back! :+1::heart:

4 Likes

Prompt: The Two Pots
Project Name: How do you eat a whole chocolate cake? One slice at a time.
Project Link: "One slice at a Time" Painting reminder
Brief Description: Chocolate cake is brown.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Navajo Tacos
Project Link:
Brief Description: One of my favorite meals! Homemade naan topped with shredded smoked pork, green chilis, black beans,tomatoes, onions, sour cream, shredded lettuce and cheese. :yum:
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

These look and sound tasty! My mom and I were at a street fair once and the vendor with the longest line was selling Navajo tacos. Everyone swore up and down that they were worth the wait. Sadly, they were not, lol. Yours on the other hand do look worth the wait, especially with that homemade naan!

3 Likes

Prompt: February Battle: Disney
Team: Bits & Bobs
Project Name: Disney Princess envelopes
Project Link: Wall Calendar Envelopes
Brief Description: I think no explanation is required as to why this fits the prompt :joy:… I bought heavily discounted 2024 wall calendars and made envelopes out of them. One of them happened to be Disney Princess-themed.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: January- The Peacok
Project Name: Valentine nails
Project Link:
Brief Description: I’m gradually learning how to use nail dip at home. Today, I did pink ombré nails for Valentines. They are for decoration only.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research project #1
Project Name: Family Valentines
Project Link: Family Valentines- pic heavy-ish
Brief Description: I made 6 Valentines, and a total of 7 magnets, each with a hand cut envelope. It took about 2 hours for each magnet, about 1.5 hours to prepare the mailboxes and their backings (cutting paper, cutting the doors, attaching the flags- especially since I made errors and had to do some of them twice), about 2 hours to create the envelope template and cut & assemble the envelopes, and another 2 hours to put all of them together and write messages on all of them.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: Free range #2
Project Name: Feather arrangements
Project Link:
Brief Description: I was helping my sister-in-law decorate for my brother-in-law’s birthday party, which is a masquerade theme. I made these arrangements out of the items she had available. Excuse the mess of supplies in the background.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@LindyBlues, those are such fun envelopes!

@Bunny1kenobi, that mailbox is really neat, I :heart: the brad you used.
Those magnets are all fun and sure to bring smiles to all the recipients faces.

4 Likes

Prompt: February Battle – Disney
Project Name: Friend-Chip Goals rendering and coloring pages.
Project Link: Friend-Chip Goals
Brief Description: Even though I am strongly in the Grimm camp, these little cuties are Disney-fied.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Miser
Project Name: Origami Hearts
Project Link: (Ribbon Heart Galentine's Day Cards)
Brief Description: If anyone knows me, they know I hate origami. It was the one time I didn’t shine in art class, and it still bothers me. Ha! But for the Galentine’s Swap, I tried it for the first time in over 25+ years and made origami heart bookmarks. I made over 30 of them. Here are just a few.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Here’s how I’m displaying my pins so far. I’m pretty sure I’ll change this display to something wearable eventually, but for now they hang on my office wall, reminding me of all the fun I’ve had since discovering this site. I’m truly, really grateful for it :heart:

6 Likes

Prompt: January - Peacock
Project Name: Ribbon Heart Cards
Project Link: Ribbon Heart Galentine's Day Cards
Brief Description: These are for decoration. They are cards for Galentine’s Day!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing (January)
Project Name: Galentine’s zine
Project Link: All the Strengths: A Wee Galen-zine
Brief Description: The background is [off-]white. (I’ll be honest: I had slated this project for this prompt a while ago, and now I don’t quite remember why. This is my best guess.)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@Gozer, your milk and cookies drawing is so cute and your Galentine’s cards are really unique!

@LindyBlues, that’s a great way to display your pins. You’ve earned a decent amount!

@megwell, I really like the cover of your zine!

5 Likes

Prompt: The Peacock (January)
Project Name: Flowery calendar page envelopes
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Compared to standard envelopes, these are ostentatious.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes