The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff!
The holidays area time for gathering with family and friends. And of course, creating baked goods to share with those loved ones! Whether it be Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve, we all have those special recipes we make every year, and most of us have those special over-the-top recipes bookmarked or Pinned, that we dream of making for the holidays. Well my friends, this is your year to make and share your best holiday bakes with your Lettuce Craft family of friends!
YOUR MISSION - CREATE A SHOW-STOPPING BAKE FOR ONE OF THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS!
- Bake up a Tom Turkey Bread Sculpture for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Recreate your grandmother’s famous Hamantaschen for Hanukkah.
- Fry up some amazing Mandazi, (East African Donuts) for your Kwanzaa celebrations.
- Light up the morning for your family with a St. Lucia Crown.
- Bake up a beautiful Bûche De Noël for Christmas Day.
- Ring in the New Year with a Champagne Cake with Italian Meringue Buttercream.
- You must bake something for one of the many holidays found between November, and New Year’s Eve, 2021. It may be one I have listed, or one I may have missed.
- You must give credit for the recipe, either a link to one you found online, or noting that it is a family recipe.
- Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
- Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
- All entries must be posted by midnight on January 1st, 2022.
The winner of The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff! will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.
- You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.
- You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2021 Entry” (example: Jennie’s St. Lucia Crown - Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2021 Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
- Voting will happen on January 2-9, 2022.
- The winner will be announced on January 10th - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!
@MistressJennie’s Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze & Truffles
@bethntim’s Little Debbie Christmas Tree Inspired Cake
@saranethx Cranberries and Cream Danish Braid
@Cyn-energy Yule Pudding
@Abbeeroad’s Yule Log Cake
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Inspired Cake
- Cranberries and Cream Danish Braid
- Yule Pudding
- Yule Log Cake